• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Morning_woody

He was sensational as he has been after a slow start last season. A very smart and technically gifted footballer. And yesterday he captained the team to victory on skill yes, but mostly on sheer testicular fortitude. But I fear what happens in our midfield if he is hurt or Partey is unavailable. We were 12th in big chances created last year. We need signings in midfield. Both CAM and CDM

Ermmm, we bought Vieira for 34£m who is s CAM, I doubt we will spend more money on a CAM

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ermmm, we bought Vieira for 34£m who is s CAM, I doubt we will spend more money on a CAM
He seems pretty young and hasn’t played a minute for us in this league are t you wagering a lot on that when you can add versatility that can play a couple positions if not more?

Farzad Stoned

He has played most games for Porto as CAM. Young ? He is 22, Ødegaard is 23 ?
He is still a bit of an unknown commodity he did carry a knock the type of players I want can and do have enough quality to play as cowards as well. We need lots of players we added 3 ready to play new players. Viera maybe is one maybe isn’t. This team collapsed because of depths playing a third less matches than Sp**s, we are still a knock away from Farmer Mo starting. Our big problem is midfield no where else really, we were 12th in chances created and mediocre in possession last season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Imagine doubting this lad. We stole him off Madrid.

Still cannot handle being pressed hard, but other than that has the skills needed.

Will grow though, Im confident Arteta will help him remove the final weaknesses in his game.

Farzad Stoned

How much quality do you really need to play that role though?
After Ødegaard at 10 we got an unproven Viera why not buy a versatile total footballer type that can play wide and central? We were thin for one competition last year and midfield is where we are most thin. Even with OdeGod being mostly healthy last year we were 12th in chances created for Arsenal that is horrific. We need 2 ready for prime time players who can play midfield as attack or DM and contribute in one or two other positions. A thin squad needs versatility in the players they have.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard was badly advised when he went to Real Madrid. Haaland on the other hand used clubs as stepping stones throughout his development.

Credit must go to Ødegaard to take the decision to come to Arsenal. It would have been all too easy to sit on the bench at Real Madrid, waiting for Kroos and Modric to age out.

At 23, he has excellent potential to just become better, and he is surrounded by players that also have big potential.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He isn't there yet but i can see how Ødegaard develops into a top level player. He has the talent but alone that's not enough. He never stops working which is a brilliant starting point for any top player. Now he has added responsibility. Consistently keep this up and we are looking at a genuine world class player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ødegaard was badly advised when he went to Real Madrid. Haaland on the other hand used clubs as stepping stones throughout his development.

Credit must go to Ødegaard to take the decision to come to Arsenal. It would have been all too easy to sit on the bench at Real Madrid, waiting for Kroos and Modric to age out.

At 23, he has excellent potential to just become better, and he is surrounded by players that also have big potential.

Really happy for him, he has needed this stability for a long long time. Now he has the environment and opportunity to become a really top player.

Something still nags at me when it comes to Ødegaard. That he would leave for Madrid if he realises his potential with us.

By the way Jeeves, how do you pronounce his surname? If seen some different ways its been said.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Really happy for him, he has needed this stability for a long long time. Now he has the environment and opportunity to become a really top player.

Something still nags at me when it comes to Ødegaard. That he would leave for Madrid if he realises his potential with us.

By the way Jeeves, how do you pronounce his surname? If seen some different ways its been said.

The one by Larsipan is the way it would be pronounced in Eastern Norway, where Ødegaard is from.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Let's be fair here who wouldn't leave us for Barcelona or Madrid? This is where the club need to be wise. We have a small exceptionally talented group of players we cannot afford another Fabregas backed up by Denilson or death spiral of talented players we lost because we waited for RVP.

Players want to goto these clubs we have to ensure they've very few reasons to leave and if they do it best be Bernardo Silva esque.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom