• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I stand by my prediction. Odegaards time here will be seen as more successful than Ozils depending on how many years he stays. He wins the league this season it's no contest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230115_230959_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_230959_Chrome.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230115_231012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_231012_Chrome.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 17

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t you rather Maddison and his injuries?
Was one of the best midfielders in the PL this season prior to that knee injury before the World Cup. Had more goals than Ødegaard at that point.

I’m just happy that Ødegaard has tapped into the end product we so desperately needed from that position.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was one of the best midfielders in the PL this season prior to that knee injury before the World Cup. Had more goals than Ødegaard at that point.

I’m just happy that Ødegaard has tapped into the end product we so desperately needed from that position.

For me Ødegaard was always the far superior player in every aspect apart from end product.

He was more of an 8 - 10 hybrid but consistently raised the floor of the team without really scoring. Wasn’t an apples for apples comparison.

Now though he’s combined the great build up play with elite end product.

Maddison has had the Leicester fans on him for being a passenger in far too many games when he doesn’t score. Can’t get away with that when you’re at a big club.

For half the price and a younger player who’s in another universe right now it shows he was the right move.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Need to stop this nonsense Maddison debate, Ødegaard beat him awhile ago to be honest.

Comparisons with KDB (who Martin is also better than) is where we are at now!

He’s the best midfielder in the league right now.

No one I’ve seen who’s really close except Bruno G and even he’s not quite at that level.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
How many number 10 types can you think of in world football, that do what he does? Incredible in tight spaces, orchestrates the play, and works so hard defensively. Who else fits in to his archetype? It's got to be very few?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s the best midfielder in the league right now.

No one I’ve seen who’s really close except Bruno G and even he’s not quite at that level.

Crazy how good he is this season, superb from him.

Quite "workman-like" in his game too aswell as being very skilful, very difficult for opps to stop him controlling games.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How many number 10 types can you think of in world football, that do what he does? Incredible in tight spaces, orchestrates the play, and works so hard defensively. Who else fits in to his archetype? It's got to be very few?

Very small list…

Pedri I guess is the only guy I’d have above MO right now in that sort of position.

I do really like AG in the role he plays for France but he doesn’t play that role for Atletico and I’d still rather MO.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I stand by my prediction. Odegaards time here will be seen as more successful than Ozils depending on how many years he stays. He wins the league this season it's no contest.
If we win the league this year it'll be more successful than Fabregas' nvm Özil.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Maddison has had the Leicester fans on him for being a passenger in far too many games
Casper has started to haunt Maddison now eh? Ødegaard's curse has been lifted.

It's the only explanation for his great performances.

Dance Haunting GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I rate maddison but Ødegaard got more into his game than maddison and thankfully not injury prone as maddison we made right choice and saved 30M because would've definitely cost us 60M
Half cheaper for sure, and injury-proneness counts for a lot too in my books. If the player is available 2/3 of the time, it's not efficient for the money.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
After the rough outing against Newcastle we needed him to step up and he did so immensely. He's got an absolutely top class mentality and the way that he's starting to impose himself on games is incredible. I think we have a tremendous balance between Xhaka as the vocal leader and Ødegaard as the maestro who keeps everything ticking and leads by example. Kind of like having 2 halves of Arteta's personality out there. The way that 3 man midfield just suffocates the opposition and then carves them apart with passes is a delight. City don't even play football this slick anymore and our Captain is right at the heart of our Renaissance.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

For me Ødegaard was always the far superior player in every aspect apart from end product.

He was more of an 8 - 10 hybrid but consistently raised the floor of the team without really scoring. Wasn’t an apples for apples comparison.

Now though he’s combined the great build up play with elite end product.

Maddison has had the Leicester fans on him for being a passenger in far too many games when he doesn’t score. Can’t get away with that when you’re at a big club.

For half the price and a younger player who’s in another universe right now it shows he was the right move.
Ødegaard has been a passenger in our games too tbf. He’s only recently ironed that and gone another level. There’s nothing that KdB does that he can’t which is insane.

What I never understood was discounting Maddison because of the fee or pitting them against each other when both are top quality and would’ve improved the squad.

I preferred Maddison because of his end product but also conceded that Ødegaard was the perfect Wenger midfielder. It does seem that we made the right move however I’d argue that Maddison wouldn’t have been a wrong move.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom