• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I expect we'll rest a few but then so will Liverpool. Really fancy our chances here, fantastic opportunity to push towards a final and build some momentum.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Conference League is fine with me - that's great experience for some of the U23s on the brink who likely won't get loaned - Patino, Hutchinson, Norton-Cuffy, potentially one of the strikers too (Richards I'm hoping). No problem with that.

Ideally though, we should be aiming a bit higher!

As for the match on Thursday, Nketiah likely won't make it in time having tested positive for COVID. Best wishes to him. It's most likely gonna lead to Laca leading the line again, unless Balogun actually gets another opportunity - this time at CF. I'm more than fine with that.

Uncle Good-Advice

Conference League is fine with me - that's great experience for some of the U23s on the brink who likely won't get loaned - Patino, Hutchinson, Norton-Cuffy, potentially one of the strikers too (Richards I'm hoping). No problem with that.

Ideally though, we should be aiming a bit higher!

As for the match on Thursday, Nketiah likely won't make it in time having tested positive for COVID. Best wishes to him. It's most likely gonna lead to Laca leading the line again, unless Balogun actually gets another opportunity - this time at CF. I'm more than fine with that.
Europa League could also fit our youngsters. Conference league is mostly trash. Of course it would require more risky approach if we plan to use young guys heavily but still it's more prestigious competition, some class teams there, so it could provide invaluable experience to some of our talented guys.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I expect we'll rest a few but then so will Liverpool. Really fancy our chances here, fantastic opportunity to push towards a final and build some momentum.

Chance it ends up a Arsenal-Sp**s final.

Although the FA cup we won under Arteta, is the better trophy...beating those ****s in a final, extending their drought in the process...that would mean just as much (if not more) to the fans.

We can just sacrifice the FA Cup this year and rest heavily in that, when you get this close to a cup (Liverpool will probably rest many players in this anyway) you have to go all out for it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chance it ends up a Arsenal-Sp**s final.

Although the FA cup we won under Arteta, is the better trophy...beating those ****s in a final, extending their drought in the process...that would mean just as much (if not more) to the fans.

We can just sacrifice the FA Cup this year and rest heavily in that, when you get this close to a cup (Liverpool will probably rest many players in this anyway) you have to go all out for it.

Once we get through a couple rounds of any cup I start thinking about maybe winning it. Now we're in the SF you've got to aim to win it.

I'd also like to go into the NLD on the back of a win.

BIoodBrother

Going for this cup will do two things, give us confidence as a side and give us entry into the Conference League.

Lets put together a quality side and take on Liverpool.
Do we want conference league?
Also i presume we'll be top7 this year.
We wont put up a very strong side for this.

Riou

If win we this comp, and finish 6th (worst case scenario, should be absolutely no lower than that) as long as one of the teams above us (or ourselves) win the FA Cup, which is highly likely...we will still get into the Europa.

Riou

How many fans on here, last saw us win this trophy in 1993 anyway...anyone at the match that day, or have any funny stories around it?

I was there in spirit, as my dad is Steve Morrow.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope we win with whoever playing and no injuries. It's a double header so ideally, we'd put the game to bed to render the second leg irrelevant

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I would say play the kids but the kids are our starters nowadays. Play the old guys mixed with babies :)

A_M Iniesta

Could probably play a strong team here, then rotate in the FA Cup on the weekend...then back come the starters to see the off Liverpool's reserves in the second leg.

Our next league match feels ages away, after the bullshit of today.
Riou , no homo , you're one of the G posters in AM btw

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We had a weeks rest before City and now it's 5 days. I think we'll play the strongest team possible here with Holding in for Gabriel and Sambi for Partey. Maybe rest Martinelli or Saka for ESR but since Ödegaard was pulled early and Laca as well I think both of them plays.

Don't know status of Pool but don't they have a few missing? Think it'll be a pretty strong team on their part as well. Jota and Minamino on the wings with Firmino as CF maybe.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We have a good chance to win this cup since we take it seriously unlike Liverpool and Chelsea. But maybe Klopp has changed his mind? He has never won an english cup title.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We have a good chance to win this cup since we take it seriously unlike Liverpool and Chelsea. But maybe Klopp has changed his mind? He has never won an english cup title.
They have a lot of injuries and covid cases, they'll probably just play the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom