• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope we bring Ramsdale back into the cup side for this, have to go as full strength as possible now.

Leno can play next Sunday.

Goonger

I think we'll rotate, give players like Leno, Tavares, Sambi & Pepe a game. However I think this will be mixed with first team players like White, maybe Xhaka, Smith-Rowe.

Means the team will be rotatated somewhat but should still be strong.

Gn1212

There's 2 reasons for our starters to play this:
A) Schedule certainly allows it. Players will be rested in the FA Cup game anyway.
B) The players that played today need to get their blood back. Beating Liverpool will certainly lift some spirits.

Goonger

Actually, it's hard to predict a team anyway. Positive Covid cases happening daily, all you can do is just assess & pick on the day of the game.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We'll definitely rotate here so does Liverpool. We might be lucky Liverpool want to save thier squad specially after Kieta Salah Mane and Matip all gone to afcon.

Good game to respond and let the man city result be a past a performance like today against 2nd best team in league even if they going to play thier B team but it'll be welcome.

Leno
Chambers Holding White Tavares
Pepe AMN Lokonga ESR
Nektiah Bolagun

Why rotate? It’s a semi final and the players just had 1 weeks rest between games. Rest players against Nottingham Forest.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Maybe not major rotation but fa cup is more serious trophy to compete

We have a great chance to win a trophy. Of course he shouldnt rotate. Unfortunately we will qualify for the Intertoto cup if we win the Carbonara cup but a trophy is a trophy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Maybe not major rotation but fa cup is more serious trophy to compete

The FA cup is a bigger trophy but we’re two games away from a Wembley final and will probably play a weakened opponent. The FA cup final is 5 games away. For a team this young they’ll appreciate playing in a final and winning something at Wembley no matter what the trophy is.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’m down to play start a lot of people here, maybe rest Lacazette since we have no strikers bar him and Balogun available and I would rather have Martinelli at LW if possible.

**** the conference league spot, there‘s a reason Sp**s seem very chill about getting eliminated. If we get 4th it won’t matter, anyway.

This is all about keeping the momentum and performances going.

El Duderino

Having said that, I realize Martinelli upfront and ESR left wing seems most probable if Laca doesn’t start.

Think Forest would be a better game to rotate anyway.

El Duderino

Conference League is fine with me - that's great experience for some of the U23s on the brink who likely won't get loaned - Patino, Hutchinson, Norton-Cuffy, potentially one of the strikers too (Richards I'm hoping). No problem with that.

Ideally though, we should be aiming a bit higher!

As for the match on Thursday, Nketiah likely won't make it in time having tested positive for COVID. Best wishes to him. It's most likely gonna lead to Laca leading the line again, unless Balogun actually gets another opportunity - this time at CF. I'm more than fine with that.

How many days would Eddie be out for? Is he in contention for Forest?

El Duderino

Don't know status of Pool but don't they have a few missing? Think it'll be a pretty strong team on their part as well. Jota and Minamino on the wings with Firmino as CF maybe.

Minamino is somehow always scoring against us, ffs.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Could REALLY do with Auba being back involved soon.

His time here is done.

Sentimentality has no place in this new Arsenal that we're seeing start to take shape.

I'm eternally grateful for his contribution to our most recent FA Cup triumph but he's a relic of a past we must ruthlessly untether ourselves from.

Having said that, one nil to the Arsenal.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom