• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
These wankers should just play their academy players. Just like they did when they got whooped by Aston Villa. Not like we're gonna play our strongest XI anyway.

Funny how Klopp all of a sudden fancies the League Cup now the PL is unlikely. Can't stand that whinging prick.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doubt the authorities will make them play. Reminds me the 80s this, liverpool getting their way with most things.

Thank heavens we don't have European football this season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Leyton Orient were kicked out from the competition because they couldn't field a team. Just don't get the rules anymore.
It was 2020, and the same cup.

"The original fixture between Sp**s and Orient was called off on Tuesday due to positive coronavirus tests at the League Two club, with Orient owner Nigel Travis critical of the decision and warning it may encourage clubs not to test players.

In a statement on Friday, the EFL said: "In accordance with Carabao Cup Rules, Tottenham Hotspur have been awarded with a bye to progress to Round Four of the Carabao Cup and will now play Chelsea on Tuesday 29 September."

"The Round Three tie scheduled for Tuesday 22 September between Leyton Orient and Tottenham Hotspur could not take place following the issue by Waltham Forest Borough Council of an order preventing the match being played as planned. This followed a number of Leyton Orient players testing positive for COVID-19.

"The EFL Board has determined that in line with Carabao Cup Rule 5.1, the Club was unable to fulfil its obligations to complete the fixture by virtue of the Council's order and shall therefore forfeit the tie.""

Pulp

The only thing I miss from the lockdown is the cups having only one match instead of two legs. Anyway, this will probably be postponed now.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
These wankers should just play their academy players. Just like they did when they got whooped by Aston Villa. Not like we're gonna play our strongest XI anyway.

Funny how Klopp all of a sudden fancies the League Cup now the PL is unlikely. Can't stand that whinging prick.
It’s semi final. Come on mate, we want a proper good match to watch not just some u18 playing football.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m just disappointed that we won’t play, we’ve been a good watch recently.

But Liverpool are choosing not to field anyone.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The powers that be should have just set a minimum amount of positive cases amongst the squad to be able to request games to be called off. Say 8 cases or 6,7,9 10 whatever, as long as it was the same for everyone.

Then you wouldn't have ridiculous situations like Crystal Palace wanting their recent game against Sp**s to be postponed cos they had "a covid outbreak". The game went ahead and Palace turned up with virtually their strongest starting 11 :lol:. Their most notable absence was their manager, Vieira.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Feels slightly off, a bit like Liverpool are seeking to manipulate the system here, somewhat. They could field a team, they just don’t want to and give the impression of carting to a degree preemptively - i.e. not wanting the arrangements around this game to leads to further cases and affect future games. Also not sure Klopp‘s status or that of one or two of his assistants should come into this per se.

Don’t care a huge amount either way - would feel better if the EFL just agreed to hold it as one leg ASAP, which they should have suggested at the outset, but for money.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So our next three games are potentially postponed. I don’t see how Liverpool can want this called off then make the second leg?

Four games to fit into a ever closing schedule, will likely have some implications on top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom