• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

I like Isak. Can he score enough goal is a question but I think for Arteta or the next coach coming in he will have a hell of lot more to work with than with Auba and Laca.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I find him a very exciting player but doesn't seem like he's ever gonna be a 25-30 goal a season guy. But I'm so sick of Laca that I'd sign him regardless.
"TaLl LACazZettE"

Isak has actually said he looked up to Henry and has tried to emulate him.
Yeah I’m getting winger that has probably been told to play upfront because he’s 6’4 and can shoot vibes.

Could seriously bang under the right manager.

Goonger

they sure have some transfer filters on... third solid striker link in a row now u23 & >1.90m

Scamacca, Rafa Mir or Umar Sadiq link next 🤷‍♂️

Don't, as a Rangers fan I've got nightmares still about Sadiq. He had 1 performance in a semi final against Aberdeen that still gets used as a joke here in Scotland.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne moving dusted.

giphy.gif

mpower2540

We have Laca and Eddie as CF's... that wouldn't be hard.
Yeah exactly so I don't really get the negativity in this thread towards him. The striker market is very very shallow right now imo and out of all the ones we've been linked with, this guy excites me the most. Sure his price is high but he ain't getting any cheaper and neither are any of the others we're linked with. You can take a chance on a Cabral and hope he explodes, sounds sensible from a price point but it's a big step up for him. Vlahovic from the sound of it wants nothing to do with us so I dunno where we can go with that. We're between a rock and a hard place right now in terms of striker, if we keep our powder dry we're definitely not gonna get top 4 which makes this summer hard to attract a top player once again.

Sometimes you've got to speculate to accumulate and I'm not too bothered about who, obviously I have my preferred, it's a case of are they better than what we have? and do they fit in with how we want to play? All the strikers that we're currently linked with, in my opinion, are far far better than what we have so I think we should just go for it, the ownership seems happy to fork the money over so **** it. Plus I can't sand to watch our dead strikers anymore. The potential benefit could be massive.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I might sound very negative towards Isak but it's not him per se I'm against. As a Swede I'd love to have a countryman in the team and even more so as CF. I think he's not bad either, but he's not performing to the levels he did last couple of years.

It's the combination of his current performances, that I believe he'd need time to adjust and more than anything the reported fee of 90m.

If we're just throwing money at the squad until we perform and it has no knock on effect on other signings then by all means, we should get him. Ideally though we'd go for someone like Cabral now and then go big in the summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like him more than Vlahovic personally but it's a lot of money to pay for potential. I am very underwhelmed in general by the CF market, I don't really like any of them seriously.

Isak did get 17 non-penalty goals last season so it's not like he cannot score. He's playing for a pretty barren team creatively speaking and would probably have more goals if he was in a better team. I just don't know if we're in a position to take such a risk, but it looks like we're forced to play our hand here. I'd take him with cautious optimism.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I might sound very negative towards Isak but it's not him per se I'm against. As a Swede I'd love to have a countryman in the team and even more so as CF. I think he's not bad either, but he's not performing to the levels he did last couple of years.

It's the combination of his current performances, that I believe he'd need time to adjust and more than anything the reported fee of 90m.

If we're just throwing money at the squad until we perform and it has no knock on effect on other signings then by all means, we should get him. Ideally though we'd go for someone like Cabral now and then go big in the summer.
A few years ago? His best season was only last season.

Also how many stealth Swedes are on this forum?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I would like Isak here but not for more than 40m i don't think he even worth that yet because he not proven like maybe Vlahovic his form is hot/cold since he was at Dortmund Not sure we'll take risk with him. Cabral even if I know nothing about never watch him play but at the moment is less risk than Isak its complicated because the striker options in market is very average

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Where did I say a few years ago?

I said last couple of years, which includes last season..? At least it does in my book.

There’s quite of us I think.

Nice first name you have, btw :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

A lot, apparently. About 5 that I know of?

There were more, but one of them was a Nacho hater (and a racist), so no one misses him.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

What I don't understand is people have no problem with paying a premium for Vlahovic despite not being any less of a gamble than Isak. Vlahovic could very well fall into the same goalscoring form next season that Isak is currently having. It's not uncommon with young players.

I'd take Vlahovic here but it's pretty clear by now he has his mind set on Juventus.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Isak got 17 goals in back to back season with real Sociedad all competitions one of them was playing with 21 years Ødegaard. Could be nice potential link up specially when you have Martinelli ESR and Saka. But again the club must be too desperate to even attempt pay over his actual value

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom