• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 288,540

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Gotta give it up to @The_Playmaker, for single handedly resurrecting the Cabral discussion again, once Vlahovic seemed to be falling through. You last suggested him to us about a month ago.

Wouldnt mind Cabral this window, as I said back then, he looked spectacular then and still does now. But we still need to add a second striker as well I feel. Was initially keen on Vlahovic and Gouiri, but wouldnt mind the combination of Cabral and Isak. Isak is more of a player to drop into midfield and link up play, whereas Cabral would attack the goal like Martinelli.

Oh and by the way, Vlahovic isnt that bad in the air actually. He is used quite frequently for the long ball and knockdowns at Fiorentina. But his desire to run in behind and arrive in the box is something that I have seen a lot from him in my game watching analysis. He is a rough diamond who can really step up to the next level if he is coached properly.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
So who would people choose between our remaining "top targets" - Isak or DCL?

It's tricky because I don't particularly rate DCL but he is a bit of a goal machine when fit, especially with creative players around him which we have atm. He's one dimensional, but he really might make the difference this season.

Then there's Isak who's almost the polar opposite; less of a focal point, more of a wide forward who can play in several positions across the front; seems to have way more in his locker but not proven in the league and an inconsistent goal scorer in relatively poor form. Think he's probably the better player and he could explode in a couple of years. Really unlikely to do much this season though.

🤔

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's tricky because I don't particularly rate DCL but he is a bit of a goal machine when fit, especially with creative players around him which we have atm. He's one dimensional, but he really might make the difference this season.

Then there's Isak who's almost the polar opposite; less of a focal point, more of a wide forward who can play in several positions across the front; seems to have way more in his locker but not proven in the league and an inconsistent goal scorer in relatively poor form. Think he's probably the better player and he could explode in a couple of years. Really unlikely to do much this season though.

🤔
Isak easily. Much better technically and can dribble well. Doesn’t have big injury record. I get gambling on injury prone player on the cheap. But for 60-70 million with the injuries he had is just irresponsible

I do think the club would try dlc in the summer as getting English players means less pressure from the media and they will play up the English core. DLC on the ball is really average

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

🤔

Spot on summary of the two. Think DCL is at his peak and obviously knows the league, and do think he'd thrive with Saka and Tierneys crosses. But Isak has the higher ceiling, and certainly has better link up play.

The thing is, I don't see any scenario where Everton sell DCL in January, so I don't really see the value in discussing him really. I think if we are to make a big signing this month, it's paying Isak's release clause.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Spot on summary of the two. Think DCL is at his peak and obviously knows the league, and do think he'd thrive with Saka and Tierneys crosses. But Isak has the higher ceiling, and certainly has better link up play.

The thing is, I don't see any scenario where Everton sell DCL in January, so I don't really see the value in discussing him really. I think if we are to make a big signing this month, it's paying Isak's release clause.

From what I understand or read somewhere Spanish clubs are still ****ed financially? Surely we won’t have to pay a full release clause here.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Don't understand why we don't make a move for Rento Sanchez, he would fit well in our midfield, we are probably still in debt to lille for Gabriel and Pepe, what's another player on the tab...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
From what I understand or read somewhere Spanish clubs are still ****ed financially? Surely we won’t have to pay a full release clause here.

Spanish clubs always say “release clause or no deal”. Most of the time it’s bollocks.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Spanish clubs always say “release clause or no deal”. Most of the time it’s bollocks.
Edu spent the summer of 2020 trying to negotiate a lower fee with Atleti over Partey, only to end up paying the full amount on Deadline Day.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Edu spent the summer of 2020 trying to negotiate a lower fee with Atleti over Partey, only to end up paying the full amount on Deadline Day.

Yeah but he had a clause lower than his perceived value on the market. Isak has one of those silly overinflated ones.

Reactions: A_G

Barry

Don't understand why we don't make a move for Rento Sanchez, he would fit well in our midfield, we are probably still in debt to lille for Gabriel and Pepe, what's another player on the tab...
Would definitely take Sanchez over Melo if that was the choice. Looks like we favour the Brazilian though

Barry

Yeah but he had a clause lower than his perceived value on the market. Isak has one of those silly overinflated ones.
I think the difference with Isak is his form... they might worry that if they don't sell high now then they'll lose the opportunity. Think getting either of them now is pretty unlikely though

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Villa is seriously ambitious and they are rich now. And they not gonna sell Douglas cause they brought in an inferior player

They're not going to sell him now obviously but think he'll move in the summer. More likely to City than us though.

Malky

Established Member
Heads should roll tbh. What's happened here and it's consequences will be nothing short of disastrous. We've had plenty of time to sort something out.
Sacking and replacing Arteta would of been an easier option than this disaster of a month - Auba returns with Arteta gone, and if only Edu hadn't been such a stupid **** we could of seen the return of Douzi.
For all the hype around the summer window the squad planning has been a complete ****-show.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I think the difference with Isak is his form... they might worry that if they don't sell high now then they'll lose the opportunity. Think getting either of them now is pretty unlikely though

The finances are huge for a club like them as well. A bid of £50-£60m is about half their annual budget. It’s not easy for a club like Sociedad to turn down that sort of money, even if the release clause is higher. Like you say, his form isn’t as good and there’s no guarantee someone else comes in for him with a similar offer.

All the talk about keeping him because they’re close to top 4 is a bit silly as well. Do you gamble on making top 4 and getting a £50m windfall or sell 1 player and get a guaranteed £50m windfall?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Think it’s fair to say and predict we won’t do anything till summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom