• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 287,283

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gotta give it up to @The_Playmaker, for single handedly resurrecting the Cabral discussion again, once Vlahovic seemed to be falling through. You last suggested him to us about a month ago.

Wouldnt mind Cabral this window, as I said back then, he looked spectacular then and still does now. But we still need to add a second striker as well I feel. Was initially keen on Vlahovic and Gouiri, but wouldnt mind the combination of Cabral and Isak. Isak is more of a player to drop into midfield and link up play, whereas Cabral would attack the goal like Martinelli.

Oh and by the way, Vlahovic isnt that bad in the air actually. He is used quite frequently for the long ball and knockdowns at Fiorentina. But his desire to run in behind and arrive in the box is something that I have seen a lot from him in my game watching analysis. He is a rough diamond who can really step up to the next level if he is coached properly.
This will amuse you.

Fiorentina are in talks with Cabral to replace Vlahovic apparently.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

How is it fake? That game actually took place last night and that sure as **** is Arteta :lol: The Athletic piece said he was in Colorado to meet with them and talk transfers.

Didnt say it is fake, dude. And i havent read that article.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

What happen to Macho? Can't tag him, is he banned? @American_Gooner

A summary from Reddit:

• Arsenal pushing to sign one of their 3 top striking targets before Monday. (I assume the article was written before the latest Vlahovic news).
  • DCL could be available for around 60m
  • Jovic at Real Madrid a back up option on loan.
  • Long term midfield targets for Arsenal include Ruben Neves, Bruno Guimaraes, Douglas Luiz & Tyler Adams.
  • Arsenal want the right player and will not just spend for the sake of it.
  • Arteta currently in US to discuss transfers with the ownership. Acknowledge it will be difficult to acquire their targets this month.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

@GDeep™ you fancy flying out to Dubai on Thursday? Benny just text me saying he’ll get us a hotel. Said we can train with the squad if we want but I fancy just partying. Let me know.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
DCL isn't available. They would face a massive backlash selling him now.

I think Jovic is people just putting 2 and 2 together. I doubt he wants to leave. Seems like he just likes being a Real Madrid player whether he plays or not.

I can see us paying the Isak release clause on the last day.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Jonathan David added to the other two widely named strikers under consideration in the Express. 🤷‍♂️

However, now attention appears to have turned to Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Real Sociedad's Alexander Isak while Jonathan David of Lille is also under consideration.

also mention face to face London meetings with Fiorentina :lol:

But things could have been so different. Arsenal were at the table and seemingly prepared to match Fiorentina's £58m valuation of the player, who was their top January target.

Positive club-to-club discussions, including a face-to-face meeting in London, over a deal took place but there was a significant stumbling block, Vlahovic's reps have not answered the phone - even once - to the Gunners.

They were simply not even entertaining the idea of joining Arsenal, even though Mikel Arteta was prepared to build and shape his project around the Serbian international. Something they were prepared to make clear to Vlahovc.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Something that doesn’t add up is what The Athletic is saying Arteta wants in his new striker. A 9 who can drop deep and create overloads in midfield. How the **** is that DCL? 🤣

Havent seen much of Isak since he left AIK but doubt he would be a good false 9 in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom