• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 970,033

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

Tbh given his run in the team and upturn in form, I would be OK with keeping Nketiah if he does decide to stay here. Supplement him with Jesus then focus on the other problems in the squad such as CM, fullbacks.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Tbh given his run in the team and upturn in form, I would be OK with keeping Nketiah if he does decide to stay here. Supplement him with Jesus then focus on the other problems in the squad such as CM, fullbacks.

Nketiah is interested in more game time and I donā€™t think weā€™ll be able to offer him that next season especially if we qualify for the CL plus heā€™s not good enough as a starter if weā€™re planning to kick on next season.

Best thing for his career is to move on and get that signing on fee + secure a move to a PL team that will offer him a lot more chances.

Let's play Aubamawang

Nketiah is interested in more game time and I donā€™t think weā€™ll be able to offer him that next season especially if we qualify for the CL plus heā€™s not good enough as a starter if weā€™re planning to kick on next season.

Best thing for his career is to move on and get that signing on fee + secure a move to a PL team that will offer him a lot more chances.
I'm not saying he'd be my first choice, but he might be worth taking a chance on if we need to strengthen other areas. Plus signing two strikers would seem unlikely in one summer, although at least Jesus has adapted to the PL. That's assuming we actually sign him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice, but he might be worth taking a chance on if we need to strengthen other areas. Plus signing two strikers would seem unlikely in one summer, although at least Jesus has adapted to the PL. That's assuming we actually sign him.

Havenā€™t all the reports being saying that weā€™re going to bring in two strikers? Iā€™m sure even Ornstein has mentioned that Arteta is looking to bring in two strikers in the summer.

Not sure what Nkietah is going to be doing here if we bring in Gabriel Jesus and Tammy, both would be my ideal choices from the names that have been listed. Iā€™m pretty sure both can be signed and weā€™d still have enough to strengthen other areas, letā€™s not forget we spent 160m last summer without any European football and got our highest earner in Auba + Lacazette (who is on close to 200k a week) off the books.

Even though Nketiah has done well in past few games, heā€™s got like 6 goals in his last 3 PL seasons at the club therefore I wouldnā€™t lose any sleep if he decides that itā€™s best for him to leave. Securing a CL place should be the perfect opportunity to level up, creating a gap with the likes of Sp**s, Utd etc and him signing a new deal isnā€™t going to make any real difference.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Signing 2 strikers are the priority ahead of everything. We donā€™t have a single striker past 30th June outside of balugon. Is the sim next season to make top 6? Jesus alone is not enough. Nketiah is fvcking trash and 3 games donā€™t change that

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The positions we need are clear

Forward x 2
Midfield x 2
Rotation option right back
Rotation option left back
Wide Forward

Arteta wants Nketiah to stay but let's be honest he won't be first choice & he knows that so will likely still leave to get more minutes.

Pepe will likely move on so that means another wide forward option. I can't see Nelson staying.

Hickey sounds like an ideal candidate to fill each full back rotation options, having Cedric & Tavares as 3rd choice options.

If Saliba doesn't wanna return that means a CB is also needed. Can't go a season with 3 CB if we wanna compete.

A lot to do. I'm sure they have their targets in place, just getting them over the line is another matter & having plan B's incase they don't happen.

Wiltord's left boot

The positions we need are clear

Forward x 2
Midfield x 2
Rotation option right back
Rotation option left back
Wide Forward

Arteta wants Nketiah to stay but let's be honest he won't be first choice & he knows that so will likely still leave to get more minutes.

Pepe will likely move on so that means another wide forward option. I can't see Nelson staying.

Hickey sounds like an ideal candidate to fill each full back rotation options, having Cedric & Tavares as 3rd choice options.

If Saliba doesn't wanna return that means a CB is also needed. Can't go a season with 3 CB if we wanna compete.

A lot to do. I'm sure they have their targets in place, just getting them over the line is another matter & having plan B's incase they don't happen.
But then maybe Tomiyasu can cover CB too?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Havenā€™t all the reports being saying that weā€™re going to bring in two strikers? Iā€™m sure even Ornstein has mentioned that Arteta is looking to bring in two strikers in the summer.

Not sure what Nkietah is going to be doing here if we bring in Gabriel Jesus and Tammy, both would be my ideal choices from the names that have been listed. Iā€™m pretty sure both can be signed and weā€™d still have enough to strengthen other areas, letā€™s not forget we spent 160m last summer without any European football and got our highest earner in Auba + Lacazette (who is on close to 200k a week) off the books.

Even though Nketiah has done well in past few games, heā€™s got like 6 goals in his last 3 PL seasons at the club therefore I wouldnā€™t lose any sleep if he decides that itā€™s best for him to leave. Securing a CL place should be the perfect opportunity to level up, creating a gap with the likes of Sp**s, Utd etc and him signing a new deal isnā€™t going to make any real difference.

Think two strikers depends on departures. If Lacazette and Nketiah both leave then itā€™ll certainly be two replacements incoming.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­

We very interested in Moussa diaby. Leverkusen don't want to sell and put 75Mā‚¬ price tag to sell him.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ā­

We very interested in Moussa diaby. Leverkusen don't want to sell and put 75Mā‚¬ price tag to sell him.

Nicolas Pepe Mk II. Aren't we getting tired of being fleeced by these mid-level Bundesliga & Ligue 1 teams touting their rubbish players who are simply having purple patches at our expense?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­
Nicolas Pepe Mk II. Aren't we getting tired of being fleeced by these mid-level Bundesliga & Ligue 1 teams touting their rubbish players who are simply having purple patches at our expense?
Difficult to believe these rumors anyway he very good player only 22 years old but after seeing how many players failed to make impact in PL after coming from Bundesliga it should send a warning Bundesliga have no defense is too open.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ā­

Difficult to believe these rumors anyway he very good player only 22 years old but after seeing how many players failed to make impact in PL after coming from Bundesliga it should send a warning Bundesliga have no defense is too open.

My point exactly.

Werner alone should be a cautionary tale for all Premier League clubs when looking to bring in strikers from Bundesliga. Scoring 7000 goals a season there only to come in and fail to hit a barn door in the PL.

For someone who went for north of 50 million pounds, his numbers are abysmal!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­
Such a stupid argument that.
It could be stupid but look how Havertz Sancho and Werner have struggled all were putting insane numbers in Bundesliga I'm not really downplay Bundesliga but after seeing many players struggling to make quick impact after moving to different leagues its difficult support us paying big money for attacking players there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom