• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 970,056

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Difficult to believe these rumors anyway he very good player only 22 years old but after seeing how many players failed to make impact in PL after coming from Bundesliga it should send a warning Bundesliga have no defense is too open.

You're right it is hard to gauge attackers from the Bundesliga. Must admit I don't watch it much, but did have a spell of watching the games in lockdown in 2020 and what's obvious is how open the teams are. Was seeing teams go to dortmund and Bayern high pressing, pushing the fullbacks forward and splitting the CBs, a dream for attackers with a bit of talent playing for the top teams.

Seems a lot of the defenders lack pace as well, Sancho looked relatively quick in the bundesliga but moves like a 60 year old paraplegic in the barclays.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
It could be stupid but look how Havertz Sancho and Werner have struggled all were putting insane numbers in Bundesliga I'm not really downplay Bundesliga but after seeing many players struggling to make quick impact after moving to different leagues its difficult support us paying big money for attacking players there.

Havertz has been pretty good this season. Sancho has been mostly poor in a struggling Man Utd team. But whoā€™s to say he wonā€™t kick on next season when heā€™s more adapted? The likes of Modric and Pires were pretty underwhelming in their first seasons too. We can make the same argument against La Liga and Serie A considering how disappointing Lukaku and Varane have been.

Besides there have been lots of hits from the Bundesliga. Son, De Bruyne, Auba, Ballack, Sane, Kompany, Gundogan, Firmino, Nigel de Jong, Berbatov, Konate. Itā€™s had roughly the same ratio of successful recruits as most other top 5 leagues. Using individual exceptions is just silly.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You're right it is hard to gauge attackers from the Bundesliga. Must admit I don't watch it much, but did have a spell of watching the games in lockdown in 2020 and what's obvious is how open the teams are. Was seeing teams go to dortmund and Bayern high pressing, pushing the fullbacks forward and splitting the CBs, a dream for attackers with a bit of talent playing for the top teams.

Seems a lot of the defenders lack pace as well, Sancho looked relatively quick in the bundesliga but moves like a 60 year old paraplegic in the barclays.

If we're talking pace this Diaby has been recorded at 35.95 km/h so he won't struggle on that front. This site has him on par with Haaland. Although despite his pace Bailey hasn't done much at Villa yet.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
If we're talking pace this Diaby has been recorded at 35.95 km/h so he won't struggle on that front. This site has him on par with Haaland. Although despite his pace Bailey hasn't done much at Villa yet.

Yeah, just don't see the point in Diaby if his best position is RW, he's not getting in over Saka regularly is he. Think it makes more sense going for a Jesus type that can play across the front 3, but who's primarily a central striker, then obviously a bigger CF.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We very interested in Moussa diaby. Leverkusen don't want to sell and put 75Mā‚¬ price tag to sell him.
@Dutch D

This is why I'm very cautious of Schick rumours, especially for 35-50 million pounds.

Guy is putting crazy numbers this season even compared to Diaby, and is a striker, and both have 3 years in contract.

Of course Diaby is 3,5 years younger, but it's pretty obvious Leverkusen are not selling cheap. They have money from earlier transfers and will be in Europe, even UCL next season which brings more money.

Every player has their price of course, but I expect Schick to cost 80-100 million euros this summer.

Osimhen is 3 years younger, and Schick is currently more of a one season wonder too. So if the difference is 20 million euros or even less, I choose Osimhen every time.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, just don't see the point in Diaby if his best position is RW, he's not getting in over Saka regularly is he. Think it makes more sense going for a Jesus type that can play across the front 3, but who's primarily a central striker, then obviously a bigger CF.
He has played 52 games as LW and 29 as RW in all his Bundesliga games. This season 15 games as RW and 12 as LW. According to Transfermarkt.

But I can't see us buying him when he has 3 years in contract and Leverkusen are not desperate.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I cant remember exactly who they were playing each time but I recall watching Dortmund a few times when Haaland arrived and the opposition were getting done time and time again by the same ball, Dortmund would literally win the ball back quite deep and play ONE ball that Haaland was running onto just in the oppositions half, it kept happening, it werent even some defence splitting ball was straight down the middle of the pitch each time and he was getting free runs on goal.

Was actually quite weird to watch and see over and over in the same game as it werent the one off, the opposition were left dumbfounded each time too with surprised pikachu faces how it kept happening.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
I cant remember exactly who they were playing each time but I recall watching Dortmund a few times when Haaland arrived and the opposition were getting done time and time again by the same ball, Dortmund would literally win the ball back quite deep and play ONE ball that Haaland was running onto just in the oppositions half, it kept happening, it werent even some defence splitting ball was straight down the middle of the pitch each time and he was getting free runs on goal.

Was actually quite weird to watch and see over and over in the same game as it werent the one off, the opposition were left dumbfounded each time too with surprised pikachu faces how it kept happening.

Yep, remember this as well, was one of the first games back from lockdown. They were playing on the half way line and Dortmund had easy passes in behind basically every time, was madness.

People make out like that league is the template for every other European league to follow but I honestly think its a joke, Bayern have won it with ease for 10 years in a row ffs, you'd think the league/German FA would want to do something about it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

@Dutch D

This is why I'm very cautious of Schick rumours, especially for 35-50 million pounds.

Guy is putting crazy numbers this season even compared to Diaby, and is a striker, and both have 3 years in contract.

Of course Diaby is 3,5 years younger, but it's pretty obvious Leverkusen are not selling cheap. They have money from earlier transfers and will be in Europe, even UCL next season which brings more money.

Every player has their price of course, but I expect Schick to cost 80-100 million euros this summer.

Osimhen is 3 years younger, and Schick is currently more of a one season wonder too. So if the difference is 20 million euros or even less, I choose Osimhen every time.
Not even close. He will be available for 40 million pound.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik šŸŸ„

Player:Havertz
De Jong or bust 70 million pounds I think will get it done, we gave them a lifeline to European football giving them Auba, they need to listen to fair offers even for 80 million do the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

ArsĆØne Wenger
Top Bottom