• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Jae

Not overly happy with him but he gets an extra season for me, assuming he makes the right decisions and we get the right players in/out. Firmly sat on the fence at the minute.

Vanpayslip

We don't have ANY wingers but he froze out Pepe and loaned out Nelson. 😣

He didn't want to play El-Nenny but didn't buy a CM and loaned out AMN. 😖

He didn't trust Nketiah but made him the only CF we had and sold Auba. 😫

That is the reality that a lot of his disciples will ignore. He played the same few players and burnt them out by the last few weeks of the season. Then he starts bringing in players he obviously doesn’t rate.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He’s hit the club targets, so he gets next season. Could still make 4th too as he was correct in saying anything can happen in football.

Norwich might do Arsenal a favour and get the club undeservedly in the CL.

The club is effed with him running things anyways so doesn’t really matter to me. We were just going to get piped in CL and demand another 200+ mil in signings.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He’s hit the club targets, so he gets next season. Could still make 4th too as he was correct in saying anything can happen in football.

The club is effed with him running things anyways so doesn’t really matter to me. We were just going to get piped in CL and demand another 200+ mil in signings.

Good lord, he's really done a number on you.

Last edited:

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Think about it, if united were performing like last season, arsenal wouldn’t be anywhere near top 4 but because United is having their worst season, it only makes sense why this is arsenal best chance to get the top 4. To lose the top 4 by Sp**s (who were like 5 points below arsenal with one game ahead at some point) when United are having their worst season is why people are moaning.
We have a young team though. You will get erratic results and inconsistency with young players. It was a massive ask to expect CL football from them but boy did they try. They will learn from this. It's our more experienced players I'm more disappointed with TBH. They haven't stepped up enough when needed. The youngsters outshone the more experienced players. We need more experienced winners in this team IMO, players who can turn it on when the stakes are high and being linked with the likes of Dybala (multiple scudettos) and Gabriel Jesus (multiple premier League and cup winner) is a step in the right direction.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

teamsoutheast

It sticks in my throat to say that it seems this POFS is with us until December or the end of the next season, so I think i'd be willing to wait til then to replace him if it means seeing Vieira or Potter get more seasoning in the Premier League to take the reins.

BTW, @teamsoutheast is seriously disturbed and has hygiene issues.
But why the insults? Typifies the state of some Arsenal fans. Debate you point rather than blurt out rubbish...

teamsoutheast

Brudda Stuttgart are signing Mavrapanos for 3mil then flipping him to Dortmund/West Ham for 25mil. That’s awful business. He’s been one of the best young defenders in the Bundesliga.

Guendouzi is 22 and a French International and we’ve sold him for 7mil. That’s pocket money in todays footballing words.

Mate no offence but your posting since yesterdays loss has been some of the worst I’ve ever read. You don’t have to support everything the club does you know.
In your opinion and yes, you're entitled to that. Don't get me wrong I'm disappointed just as much as anyone about yesterday how the season may now pan out but I tell you something I never expected top 4 this season, neither did any of the pundits and neither did most fans on here, and for us to compete for that right up until the last day with such a young squad is impressive... 3rd place was within reach at one point which is mad!

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Haphazard

We have a young team though. You will get erratic results and inconsistency with young players. It was a massive ask to expect CL football from them but boy did they try. They will learn from this. It's our more experienced players I'm more disappointed with TBH. They haven't stepped up enough when needed. The youngsters outshone the more experienced players. We need more experienced winners in this team IMO, players who can turn it on when the stakes are high and being linked with the likes of Dybala (multiple scudettos) and Gabriel Jesus (multiple premier League and cup winner) is a step in the right direction.
No they will not learn from this because they are not that good. We need to stop hyping up mid players like ESR,Ødegaard,Ramsdale etc these guys can't cope in the big pressure games when we need them too.

We also need to stop pretending that these guys are 16 years old, a lot of them are experienced enough .

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

It might happen but Arteta doesn't get credit for a fluke or great luck. I don't care about getting piped in the CL. That'll happen in the EL, the PL or somewhere anyway

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

"Progress is not a linear process."

Arteta himself laughed at the suggestion that 5th would be something to celebrate. Now this freak tells us that 5th was the aim all the time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
**** sakes, still quite down this morning after our loss last night. Staying completely away from all social media today.

We had our chance this season, and we didnt take it. That hurts.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah its looking very bad right now, even though we will probably finish a point off the top four we are still outside the top four and that's where Arteta will be judged.

We gambled and it didnt work out, that's life. Lets hope we can still get all our main targets this summer.
There is a saying about gambling. Only gamble what you can afford to lose. Its not only losing top 4 this season, we've given Sp**s the chance to strengthen whilst keeping Son and Kane, we've weakened our hands in negotiations with Saka and Martinelli and we've downgraded our options for the summer compounding this vicious circle. Better players for Sp**s, worse players for us, further weakening our hand to tie down our best players.

We wanted someone. We pressed hard for Vlahovic with no back up in mind. We let players go and pressed hard for a cancellation against Sp**s. Every gamble we made in January has back fired spectacularly. Someone needs to take responsibility.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Didn't see the game last night, watched this morning. Learnt nothing new here. Arteta is not a football manager I can warm too. I don't like his man management style, his arrogance about being the solution, non negotiable stuff and wanting all his own players. I'm not even sure his coaching is that good. His micro management is probably overkill.

He's here to stay, not much I can do. All a bit depressing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta's coming into his 4th season and I'm not seeing any progress. Same as the first season, some good games, some awful. He's lost 13 games, just like last season, the only difference being he scraped a couple more wins instead of draws. Wouldn't you expect that anyway, the club investing the more than any club in all major 5 leagues since he's been here. Any EPL manager could have done that.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom