• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Barcelona did well when they signed Ferran Torres, managing to get him for £45m. City were looking to recoup the £100m they paid for Grealish!

Garbage journalism.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Just pay the money. This has Arsenal written all over it.

Gabi Jesus for 45-50m and we **** about. Then we end up signing some random striker from the French league for 35m and he turns out to be rubbish.

It's better to overpay for the right player than pay a fair price for the wrong one.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Also, Jesus will demand a hell of a lot of money to come here and play Europa.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Also, Jesus will demand a hell of a lot of money to come here and play Europa.
That's the price you pay for giving away penalties and getting stupid red cards for fun.

45m for Jesus on £200-220k a week isnt a bad deal.

What are the other alternatives? Signing someone like Schick for 35m and paying him 130k a week? Signing Oshimen for 100m and paying him 300k a week?

It's all a risk assessment and I see very few risks with Jesus. If we have to pay 20% more so be it. At least we know he's PL proven, entering his prime years, never hear any off field reports about him and Arteta knows him. He is a quality player and can score goals (albeit not 25 a season but could easily get 15-18 PL goals being the main man). If he is coming to Arsenal part of that is because of Arteta whether people like to admit it or not.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would aim for Darwin Nunez.
Darwin Nunez who would cost north of 60-70m? Who would probably be on similar wages to Jesus? The same Nunez who has been linked with CL clubs? Don't think he comes here. He's tasted CL football and did quite well. Probably wants more of it.

Personally I think we need 2 strikers/forwards. If we could get the both of them it would be great. But I couldn't see that happening.

I think it with be Jesus (if possible) and another striker around the 30-40m mark. DCL esque or someone around that level. Which i don't think is particularly exciting.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Darwin Nunez who would cost north of 60-70m? Who would probably be on similar wages to Jesus? The same Nunez who has been linked with CL clubs? Don't think he comes here. He's tasted CL football and did quite well. Probably wants more of it.

Personally I think we need 2 strikers/forwards. If we could get the both of them it would be great. But I couldn't see that happening.

I think it with be Jesus (if possible) and another striker around the 30-40m mark. DCL esque or someone around that level. Which i don't think is particularly exciting.

50 is his price, and our only competition is United who are in a worse state than we are and have to rebuild their entire team. But our lot didn't even consider him, I'm betting.

Don't expect us to spend another 100 Million. we'll be getting one striker and probably a couple of young players, and that's it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
50 is his price, and our only competition is United who are in a worse state than we are and have to rebuild their entire team. But our lot didn't even consider him, I'm betting.

Don't expect us to spend another 100 Million. we'll be getting one striker and probably a couple of young players, and that's it.
You won't get Nunez for £50m. Probably £60m may tip it. So €70m. Similar to what Bruno went for and abit more than what Diaz cost Liverpool.

We will spend more than 100m this summer. Probably close to 150m I would say. That's probably £100m plus sales of Leno, Guendouzi, Mavro, Pepe, and one or two others.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You won't get Nunez for £50m. Probably £60m may tip it. So €70m. Similar to what Bruno went for and abit more than what Diaz cost Liverpool.

We will spend more than 100m this summer. Probably close to 150m I would say. That's probably £100m plus sales of Leno, Guendouzi, Mavro, Pepe, and one or two others.

Nah. We'll spend 60M plus whatever comes from sales, so 100 total. You can quote me in August.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
55 million Euros was/is his price, but we didn't buy him. Yet we'll pay it for Jesus. The 80-90 is gossip based on United not reaching a deal yet.
If his price is 55m which converts to about 47-48m we could get both him and Jesus for 90m. Which would be amazing.

We need 2 strikers/forwards.

Bayern will need a new striker when Lewondowski moves on this summer. Milan clubs may need a striker. City don't, Liverpool couldn't see it. Chelsea maybe if they move Lukaku on depending on their ownership.

There's a lot of clubs who will need strikers and there's a severe lack of them. Which could drive prices up.

Tell.

Doesn't GJ see himself as wide forward? Really don't want Mikel to use him in the Laca all action midfield/forward role.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Doesn't GJ see himself as wide forward? Really don't want Mikel to use him in the Laca all action midfield/forward role.
Ideally we sign a number 9 and then Jesus who can play across the front 3. Less pressure on Saka/Martinelli etc and some added quality. Jesus can play number 9 too which gives us options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom