• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I do get your point and i hope he does that, i have nothing personal against the kid. I hope what we will have will be enough, it will be a brutal PL next season.
Yeah we definitely need a decent contribution from him. I think people see the 100k a week and think we need him scoring every game. That's never going to happen.

I think he can contribute. But more as an option and not a necessity. That option off the bench or filling in for a game or 2 here and there. Europa league and cups etc.

VancouverCanuck

Minamino is about 6th choice at Liverpool and is on 60k.
Do you really believe that?

This website says 75k, whereas it's 60k here.

I am sure there are signing bonus, performance incentives, etc. So I am not sure if we are significantly overpaying Nketiah.

Is Minamino better than Nketiah? Minamino has looked better but their team is much stronger than ours.

Don't forget if we let Nketiah go for free, we will likely need to spend 15+ mil to get a replacement. Factor in the transfer fee over the length of the contract, we will have to pay even more. And I am not sure even with that kind of money, we will find someone better.

So the main focus should be to bring in a first choice striker, which is where I want to spend the money. I would rather do that than spending half decent money to buy two half decent strikers.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Do you really believe that?

This website says 75k, whereas it's 60k here.

I am sure there are signing bonus, performance incentives, etc. So I am not sure if we are significantly overpaying Nketiah.

Is Minamino better than Nketiah? Minamino has looked better but their team is much stronger than ours.

Don't forget if we let Nketiah go for free, we will likely need to spend 15+ mil to get a replacement. Factor in the transfer fee over the length of the contract, we will have to pay even more. And I am not sure even with that kind of money, we will find someone better.

So the main focus should be to bring in a first choice striker, which is where I want to spend the money. I would rather do that than spending half decent money to buy two half decent strikers.
Personally I don't think we are overpaying on Eddie either. He's probably getting about 70-80k topped up with signing on fees etc.

Like you said we need better starting strikers but looks like it's Jesus and Eddie for next year. Which isn't enough.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He's going to explode next season.
He will put all you moaners in a spliff and expose AM showing how little ball most know.

I'm going all in on this one. Bookmark this post.

It's EddieEra and you just have to accept it. Ride the train. #top3herewecome
You're a troll :lol:

He's better than people think anyways just needed some rhythm as all players do. All aboard the Eddie train if he ends up staying.

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
You're a troll :lol:

He's better than people think anyways just needed some rhythm as all players do. All aboard the Eddie train if he ends up staying.
Spot on. I think people underrate him. Saying he will explode is obviously troll but I think he will be even better and change people's opinion about him soon.

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

Sorry but this dude is not Premier League quality. I'm hoping he signs a new contract just so we get a higher transfer fee for him in the next couple of transfer windows as we explore other options.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Spot on. I think people underrate him. Saying he will explode is obviously troll but I think he will be even better and change people's opinion about him soon.
it depends on what your expectations are. Compared to the views of some on here, he will explode big time if he avoids injuries as well as he has to date. Compared to a striker Arsenal should have, there will be no exploding in all likelihood.

That said, for his limitations and our aspirations being higher, I'll be very surprised if he scores at less than 0.5 goals per 90 next season. He's not going to create from central positions, and he's not going to do that much in the air, and he can't hold up as a static focal point, but if we create chances, he'll get goals.

Reactions: Xln

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not a bad player but to score lots of goals he’ll need the other Jesus alongside.
Good with a cross, excellent in the air, drags his team back from the dead- its like playing with 13 men (thought one is a bit unreliable). Not set for the longest career, but can have a transformative effect, with real long term impact. Also handy in the physio room, great for the Xmas party, and his contract is a gift.

Bit argumentative in the dressing room, and might cause some issues with the sponsors...

I'll get my coat...

amigo

So nobody wanted to give Eddie big money eventhough he would be free. And yet we are tricked to pay him 100% above his market value.

Why does this clubs keeps making this kind of mistakes?
How do you know? The very fact that Arsenal have given him such a good offer clearly means they were matching something he had out there. Why would Arsenal be tricked into paying over his market value? Stan K is not a charity.

amigo

Sorry but this dude is not Premier League quality. I'm hoping he signs a new contract just so we get a higher transfer fee for him in the next couple of transfer windows as we explore other options.
Not premier league quality but just scores at a higher goal per minute rate than most other strikers in the premiership. Do your research. 5 goals in 825 premier league minutes. 5 goals in 5 games in EFL Cup. England's record u21 goalscorer. Watch the video above and see how his all round game has improved. Keep hating, we will go by the stats. Many people act like they don't want him to succeed. At what age did strikers like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy finally blossom?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good with a cross, excellent in the air, drags his team back from the dead- its like playing with 13 men (thought one is a bit unreliable). Not set for the longest career, but can have a transformative effect, with real long term impact. Also handy in the physio room, great for the Xmas party, and his contract is a gift.

Bit argumentative in the dressing room, and might cause some issues with the sponsors...

I'll get my coat...
You forgot a real miracle worker.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How do you know? The very fact that Arsenal have given him such a good offer clearly means they were matching something he had out there. Why would Arsenal be tricked into paying over his market value? Stan K is not a charity.
Runarsson £40k a week
Mari £85k a week
White £130k a week
Cedric £75k a week

Charity Stan doing his ting.

D

Deleted member 102404

Just wanted to share this as I did in the transfer target thread. Its a good summation of how his overall game has kicked on this season, and I'm delighted he's staying (no official confirmation yet though)
For a young striker he really does look the business. Improved a lot this year. Pre season was very good and actually surprised he didn’t get a look in much earlier in the season when Auba and Laca were misfiring.
Good to get him signed up - if and when that gets confirmed.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
For a young striker he really does look the business. Improved a lot this year. Pre season was very good and actually surprised he didn’t get a look in much earlier in the season when Auba and Laca were misfiring.
Good to get him signed up - if and when that gets confirmed.

Yeah he really did have a great pre-season. Kinda felt he was about to explode but after it seemed like he won't sign up I just lost interest in the boy... Then he didn't feature pretty much at all. Weird.

He had a decent season but I'm afraid we're gonna get taken to the cleaners again.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom