• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

thought he preferred to play on the right? :lol: could be a perfect move for him but Real have options like Leao, Gnabry, Richarlison

hard to see him being next on the list after Mbappe
When you are trying to get in a national team squad, I don't think the best idea is to go to a club that has 2 of the players you are trying to get ahead of on the wings and the probable Balon Dor winner as a number 9.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Richarlison:lol::lol::lol:

This forum is in the mud

When you are trying to get in a national team squad, I don't think the best idea is to go to a club that has 2 of the players you are trying to get ahead of on the wings and the probable Balon Dor winner as a number 9.
Richarlison & Raphina look to be ahead of him for Brazil now. Would be happy with any of the three here.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Is the whole point not the fact he doesn't want to play second fiddle, he wants to try & get back in the Brazil team for the World Cup?
This is a point a lot of us are missing when we discuss this potential signing. I think Gabriel Jesus is only contemplating leaving City because he wants to prove himself as a #9 and get that spot in the national team. Brazil is absolutely loaded on the wings with Neymar, Vinícius, Raphinha, Antony, Rodrygo, Richarlison and Martinelli. They don't have a clear candidate for #9 and usually play one of their wingers as a false nine. My bet is that Jesus wants to solidify that spot for himself.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
thought he preferred to play on the right? :lol: could be a perfect move for him but Real have options like Leao, Gnabry, Richarlison

hard to see him being next on the list after Mbappe

Playing on the right with Richarlisson center right now against Japan.

Dani Alves was subbed and Marquinhos is being played rb, so its kinda similar to playing rw for Arsenal at the moment (Though Tomiyasu does support his wingers more).

Martinelli also on.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We create more chances than 15 or 16 other teams in the league, we are hoping to sign players that create more & finish more. Go figure.
Yeah I saw that against Tottenham and Newcastle. We created a lot! Of course!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think the Brazilian press jumped the gun on this deal tbh.

Nah, it was good info. Likely his agent that gave it.

Think he would like to come here, for what it's worth.

We pay better than Tottenham, as well, so I'm not too fussed about them. They would be a good fit for him, mind and Conte + UCL is a good pull, but still, they won't pay him 150k+ like we might.

He could be fishing now we're out of the CL, but the club wouldn't ask a reporter to not mention his name during an interview if this wasn't on a good chance of happening.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nah I think the deals probably close to being done, just media stirring us up about Sp**s. GJ got along well with Arteta apparently then he's had Gabriel & Martinelli to probably convince him to join. We all know how much the media dislike Arsenal unfortunately haha.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think this is a bit similar to the Ødegaard signing in a way. May seem a bit underwhelming but will probably turn out to be a very solid signing.

Given Arteta's future should be dependent on how he does next season, these lower risk signings are the way to go imo (which is why I'm all for Tielemans and Zinchenko).

With GJ he is a 1 in 3 striker, so you'd expect 12-15 odd goals from him, which is an improvement on what we had last season. He's obviously miles clear off the ball than what weve had recently as well. It does mean though that Saka will have to at the very least maintain his output, and the whoever plays on the left get around 15 goals as well.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m backing Scamacca over Jesus as that’s what we actually need tbh.

My only question mark over the Italian is the fact that he’s outperforming his xG, so only time will tell whether he’s really that good but he’s the exact type of profile that Arteta wants from his CF.

Still reckon he’s more likely to replace Edin Dzeko at Inter Milan as he’s getting on a bit.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’m backing Scamacca over Jesus as that’s what we actually need tbh.

My only question mark over the Italian is the fact that he’s outperforming his xG, so only time will tell whether he’s really that good but he’s the exact type of profile that Arteta wants from his CF.

Still reckon he’s more likely to replace Edin Dzeko at Inter Milan as he’s getting on a bit.

Fabrizio confirmed Inter aren’t in contact with Scammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom