• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m backing Scamacca over Jesus as that’s what we actually need tbh.

My only question mark over the Italian is the fact that he’s outperforming his xG, so only time will tell whether he’s really that good but he’s the exact type of profile that Arteta wants from his CF.

Still reckon he’s more likely to replace Edin Dzeko at Inter Milan as he’s getting on a bit.

Aren’t Inter keeping Lautauro and looking at Lukaku and Dybala?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I’m backing Scamacca over Jesus as that’s what we actually need tbh.

My only question mark over the Italian is the fact that he’s outperforming his xG, so only time will tell whether he’s really that good but he’s the exact type of profile that Arteta wants from his CF.

Still reckon he’s more likely to replace Edin Dzeko at Inter Milan as he’s getting on a bit.
Scammaca looks raw but quite interesting. He's a notch down from the top tier of gettable strikers imo but if we managed to get both him and Jesus our attack would have some nice options.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Aren’t Inter keeping Lautauro and looking at Lukaku and Dybala?

Can’t see them having the funds to get Dybala on massive wages then Lukaku unless they work out some sort of a loan deal like they done in the past.

Regardless, Chelsea are going to take a real hit on that transfer. Scamacca would be perfect for them and I’m sure Simeone Inzaghi is a fan of him even Milan would be a good option for him but they’re still insisting on keeping Zlatan.

I didn’t really watch Serie A that much last season but saw a bit of Scamacca whilst he was at Genoa and he would be our ideal realistic option that’s if Tammy is unattainable. His attributes would fit the PL like a glove, the only thing that may irritate a few is his finishing but if he was a clincal hitter then I’m sure all the top clubs around Europe would be after him. He’s still young though, he has a lot that we can work with.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
With the links so far.

It does feel the aim for next season by the club, is to stay in the Europa League places, rather than push on to the Champions League ones.

Our rumoured targets so far (bar Gnabry, but I don't really believe that one anyway) all lack that X-factor, tbh.
Gnabry being linked to Madrid he is publicly winking at them. Why would he leave Bayern for Thursdays in Kazakhstan unless Arsenal massively overpay destroying all his transfer value. We neither are in the marquee competition and we don’t have a big marquee manager. I’ll be surprised if we get very much this transfer window snd if we do get a lot it will be at a premium in terms of wages

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
How though?
I wouldnt know where to start, being that obvious.

Auba is completely opposite of what our tactics need, and it proved over and over again with him here. Laca on the other hand cant last more then 45 minutes. It's why he misses chances, or doesnt even get to the position to finish it, he just doesnt have it in his body for this league, and I love the guy

on the other hand, Eddie plays similar to Laca but with energy and athleticism, while Jesus is spot on type of a striker our tactics crave for, and a class one.

after that one can go into detail about all of that, but if you dont see clear and obvious upgrade there after 20 seconds then I doubt you will at any moment, until it actually happens and shows on the pitch

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
A little surprised they haven’t prioritised signing him, he’d be a very good option for them imo.
no surprise there. You just need to get to know Seria a better, after that it is all clear and obvious, no real surprises. very different from England or other leagues, reason why it confuses those who dont follow closely Seria a

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
They have?

I've seen it in several media reports. At the end of the day the player would have to want to go there. If I was him I wouldn't want to compete with Son or Kane, let alone both! I think we'll get Jesus, him and Nketiah will be it for attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom