• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Striker and midfield aren't positions you can afford to go for the cheap options. I'm not convinced, but you'd hope we're after Jesus and Tielemens because they're the best realistic options we can get and not because we'll save however many millions on them as opposed to alternatives.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I would love what you said. We need huge depth and better options. Elneny is happy cleaning the toilets for 50k a week. So we could being one or two in and it wouldn't affect him.

Can't see Eddie signing an extension if Arteta tells him there's 2 strikers coming in. Unless it's some weird deal where he resigns and goes on loan which doesn't make much sense.
Who is the 2nd striker we are signing behind Gabriel Jesus? As much as I dislike it I reckon Nketiah will be our 2nd choice next year unfortunately. I don't see us linked with anyone else.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would love what you said. We need huge depth and better options. Elneny is happy cleaning the toilets for 50k a week. So we could being one or two in and it wouldn't affect him.

Can't see Eddie signing an extension if Arteta tells him there's 2 strikers coming in. Unless it's some weird deal where he resigns and goes on loan which doesn't make much sense.
I just think it’s combination of being lazy and incompetent that they feel they can’t complete many deals and rather resign nketiah on new deal. I just can’t believe this rewrite of nketiah history. The manager watched him train for 2 years and didn’t fancy him outside of last two months when Laca was completely done physically and no Auba at the club. Suddenly he is this big talent he always believed in. Laca was so bad that it became untenable to pick him

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Auba 1st choice and Laca 2nd choice to Jesus 1st choice and Nketiah 2nd choice, that is not an upgrade.
We going backwards sadly and we have a manager telling us finishing 5th means we had a good season

Next season with United and Newcastle I bet anything they will say finishing 7th is good season and the other 6 has more money than us. Striker is the position we always seem to have top player in. Next season will be the season we dont. We also seem to want to go into the season we have European football with less strikers than the one we didn’t have

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Who is the 2nd striker we are signing behind Gabriel Jesus? As much as I dislike it I reckon Nketiah will be our 2nd choice next year unfortunately. I don't see us linked with anyone else.
That's what I'm saying. I couldn't see Eddie agreeing a new deal if we plan on signing 2 strikers. Which no doubt will leave us short. I get the renewing Eddie. But we need Eddie plus 2 more. Not 1.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba 1st choice and Laca 2nd choice to Jesus 1st choice and Nketiah 2nd choice, that is not an upgrade.

True.

But with the way Arteta uses his CF, it probably is an upgrade.

The issue then is we need Saka/Ødegaard/ESR/Gabby, to all chip in with a lot of goals... that's the main risk, considering their age.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
True.

But with the way Arteta uses his CF, it probably is an upgrade.

The issue then is we need Saka/Ødegaard/ESR/Gabby, to all chip in with a lot of goals... that's the main risk, considering their age.
Agreed. On paper maybe not as good, but better than the sum of its parts depending on what Mikel does with them

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
That's what I'm saying. I couldn't see Eddie agreeing a new deal if we plan on signing 2 strikers. Which no doubt will leave us short. I get the renewing Eddie. But we need Eddie plus 2 more. Not 1.

Well that depends. 100k a week is hard to turn down. Scamaca and Jesus starting in a front 3, with Eddie as back up striker who plays if both are injured or otherwise he starts Europa and Cup games. He likely gets 15-20 starts in that set up

Riou

With the links so far.

It does feel the aim for next season by the club, is to stay in the Europa League places, rather than push on to the Champions League ones.

Our rumoured targets so far (bar Gnabry, but I don't really believe that one anyway) all lack that X-factor, tbh.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

With the links so far.

It does feel the aim for next season by the club, is to stay in the Europa League places, rather than push on to the Champions League ones.

Our rumoured targets so far (bar Gnabry, but I don't really believe that one anyway) all lack that X-factor, tbh.
So another year wasted? Is this what your trying to sell me? Top 4 or sacked next season!!

Tell.

100%. I'm just concerned about Mikels ability to rotate, he needs to realise you can't just bring in someone with 0 mins for months & expect them to do a job.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
100%. I'm just concerned about Mikels ability to rotate, he needs to realise you can't just bring in someone with 0 mins for months & expect them to do a job.
My issue is it Eddie is cup striker and Jesus is number 1. Similar to Partey and Elneny the minute either Jesus or Partey get injured we are relying on Eddie and Elneny for both the cup and the league.

We definitely need more options in midfield and striker.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
With the links so far.

I dunno about aiming to just tread water… With a couple quality additions like those mentioned, and the upward trajectory of Saka, ESR and Gabby, the target is top 4. If we’re a bit luckier with injuries as well, we should be looking to be up there in the van for the whole campaign. Cant be losing more than 7 games this time. 13 was a ****ing disgrace.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Have you heard of Dr. Ceri Evans ? Or David Priestley ? Or any of the psychologists and mental health experts Arsenal have brought in over the last 10 years ? That's a whole other side of football every team has invested millions into just like we did as football moved towards a more modern platform of all-round player wellness. Evans was given huge credit for turning New Zealand into the world rugby champions and Priestley joined around the same time we began expanding player options when it comes to specifically this. I also remember Ljungberg and Lauren specifically talking about mental health issues.

It would be quite fickle and counter productive to 'stay away' from players not afraid to speak out on it. We all have 'mental health' issues of some kind as far as I'm concerned.
Well said man, need more posters like this 👍

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I dunno about aiming to just tread water… With a couple quality additions like those mentioned, and the upward trajectory of Saka, ESR and Gabby, the target is top 4. If we’re a bit luckier with injuries as well, we should be looking to be up there in the van for the whole campaign. Cant be losing more than 7 games this time. 13 was a ****ing disgrace.
Top 4 has to be the target this year. EL isn't really good enough nor is moving forward at a snails pace good enough either.

Hoping Saliba improves the defence if he comes back. We sign an improvement on Xhaka. Jesus, a starting full back and another striker.

Minimum 3 or 4 starters to have a decent chance at top 4.

sdotzdot

Established Member
With the links so far.

Players like Jesus, Tielemans and Zichenko are great quality and push this squad to legitimately challenge for top 4, not fluke a possible opportunity like this season.

Two of those players have been regular rotation players in the best team playing the best football in the world for some time, we should be considering ourselves lucky if someone like Jesus opts for a Europa League Arsenal, he can do much better.

Tielemans I have my issues with but there is no doubt in his technical and forward ability in midfield, it is his expertise and something we desperately need. We have a huge lack of creativity in midfield so I’m all for that signing despite his short comings. One bad season where the entirety of Leicester was gash doesn’t change the fact he is extremely talented in his creative ability.

Not directed at you mate but since I’m already on the transfer topic, I’m really confused what this forum is expecting this summer. We were bombarded for being **** and irrelevant through the season and then when the transfer window hits we should be aiming for worldies and anything below is used to attack the management? Doesn’t really make sense to me.

Riou

Not directed at you mate but since I’m already on the transfer topic, I’m really confused what this forum is expecting this summer. We were bombarded for being **** and irrelevant through the season and then when the transfer window hits we should be aiming for worldies and anything below is used to attack the management? Doesn’t really make sense to me.

Yeah, you're right...we are getting Top 4 next season!

**** that Riou guy, should ban the negative prick.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Players like Jesus, Tielemans and Zichenko are great quality and push this squad to legitimately challenge for top 4, not fluke a possible opportunity like this season.

Two of those players have been regular rotation players in the best team playing the best football in the world for some time, we should be considering ourselves lucky if someone like Jesus opts for a Europa League Arsenal, he can do much better.

Tielemans I have my issues with but there is no doubt in his technical and forward ability in midfield, it is his expertise and something we desperately need. We have a huge lack of creativity in midfield so I’m all for that signing despite his short comings. One bad season where the entirety of Leicester was gash doesn’t change the fact he is extremely talented in his creative ability.

Spot on with the last part. People turning their nose up for a player like Jesus. To play 5 years at City and have the appearances he has and trophies you have to be a level above Arsenal. If he was 30 I would get the worry but he's entering his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom