• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Used it as an example since his name gets mentioned alot in here.
Sick of people saying " we should be doing better " yet can't name a realistic alternative.

We should get a better striker than Jesus if Nketiah is supposed to be the back up striker. But that wont happen it seems.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
And who is the other striker we will sign? Or are you just pretending to be dumb?
Nketiah was our starting striker at the end of the season no? So we've replaced him with Jesus. Nketiah will now be our back up, which i don't mind for now, like i said, he done enough to deserve more time and has attributes i really like in a striker. He could stall, or he could become a Sturridge, Defoe, Vardy type. There is something there imo, i really don't think he's that far off an Osimhen.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Time to get used to face I guess
49614011-10128227-image-a-7_1635170598776.jpg

This is his happy face, btw!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Are players cheaper? To an extenr yes. But they aren't as cheap as they use to be as i was trying to illustrate. Nasri, RVP all went for 20m plus in their last year. Time has moved on and those fees are going up, as are fees in general. Tielemans is rumoured 30 to 40m Jesus is an attacker and traditionally they are more expensive. To me it all seems relative.

I suppose the point with the goals is that he scored when it mattered and those goals were integral to them winning the league. I want a striker to score important goals rather than one who adds a third when its two nil. Jesus done that and the important part.

Is he the best in the world? No. Is he the right age? Yes. Most importantly he is aa cast that has shown he can do it and he has a point to prove ? Im thinking Alexis, Robben guys like that who've been decent but deemed surplus for 'stars'. Jesus can be and hopefully is that player.

#positive
I don't want to piss on your parade bob. But Tielemans only costs "just" 30m because he's in the last year of his contract, last year you'd have to double that at least especially seeing how Leicester paid 45m for him themselves.

Jesus was linked to us for a few months and the early fees bandied about felt about right for a player of his current level with a year on his contract. Of course everything's relative but your explanation could just as well be used if City asked for 100m. He didn't start for them last season and they just bought Haaland for the same fee they're asking for the guy who'll probably get LC games this season, if paying 50m+ for him is fine with you then go ahead be as #positive as you want to be.

Wagwaan

I don't want to piss on your parade bob. But Tielemans only costs "just" 30m because he's in the last year of his contract, last year you'd have to double that at least especially seeing how Leicester paid 45m for him themselves.

Jesus was linked to us for a few months and the early fees bandied about felt about right for a player of his current level with a year on his contract. Of course everything's relative but your explanation could just as well be used if City asked for 100m. He didn't start for them last season and they just bought Haaland for the same fee they're asking for the guy who'll probably get LC games this season, if paying 50m+ for him is fine with you then go ahead be as #positive as you want to be.

That fact that he has a year left and will be down the pecking order after the Haaland & Alvarez arrivals, 50m seems extortionate.

But then if you consider that Jesus would be in demand for many tip teams, that's where his price rockets back up.

Each transfer has different reasons behind it. We need a quality striker and if 50m is the fee to get it done, then let's go.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
That fact that he has a year left and will be down the pecking order after the Haaland & Alvarez arrivals, 50m seems extortionate.

But then if you consider that Jesus would be in demand for many tip teams, that's where his price rockets back up.

Each transfer has different reasons behind it. We need a quality striker and if 50m is the fee to get it done, then let's go.
Thats the thing, we need a quality striker, not jesus.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Jesus is a coup for where we are at, if I could stand Arteta I'd proper be rating the links this summer but you know how it goes. Trash signing, he's gonna score 6 goals etc.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What quality striker, better than Jesus, is available for 40m, has PL experience, is a perfect age and is interested in a move to a non CL club. Answers on a postcard.
What, why does he need PL experiance, and cost 10 mil less than gabriel?. Such random criteria. Just because we can buy a striker thats not good enough for a price does that mean we should?

Nkunku and Lautauro Martinez would be better signings that would improve us more imo.

We could improve other areas for that money that would make a bigger impact imo. Not just buy whatever is available with a inflated price.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Yea, I don't know who we can realistically bring in that is clearly better than Gabriel Jesus. The striker market is already bare as it is, where the potentially available targets are headlined by the likes of Richarlison, Osimhen, Tammy, or Lautaro who, for various reasons, are likely unobtainable or just as risky, if not more, than Jesus.

He's not that dream signing we all yearn for in the striker position, and in an ideal world, we'd bring in a bonafide world-class star, but considering our situation, he's probably the best we can do and will improve us.

What, why does he need PL experiance, and wcost 10 mil less than gabriel?. Such random criteria. Just because we can buy a striker thats not good enough for a price does that mean we should?
Nkunku and Lautauro Martinez would be better signings.
Saw reports that Nkunku is going to sign a contract extension with a release clause valid from next summer, so looks like RB Leipzig are intent on keeping him this coming season bar an outrageous offer. Also, I doubt either him or Lautaro would be tempted to join us without CL when they'll have no shortage of suitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom