• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 978,168

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Ā£9.90M.

Incredible.
No doubt a bad sale for us, but understandable under the circumstances. Interesting that he has got so much better at carrying the ball, but so much worse at all defensive actions. Hopefully for him, his new found maturity can allow him to do well under the next manager. I wish him no ill, its not unusual for a super-competitive type to be a massive bell-end when they are young. He probably paid a little for being one of Ɩzil's acolytes, when subsequent events have shown Ɩzil was the problem.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I never said I wasn't? When I say people, I can be includes amongst the people on the forum.

It's human to change opinion based on evidence or time.

I'm not going to brag about things I get wrong or right and I'm not goin to search through a forum for differences in opinion over time.

You have a lot of time on your hands for self validation.
Just educating to make this a better place, thats all. Passing on my vision. If it was up to this place, we'd have Hickey and Scamacca right now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Love the fact this directly contradicts other reports! But yes, if Ajax are holding out for Ā£50m, United can have him
Look at that source. Seriously? "Teamnewsandtix"? Sounds like some teenager ITK.

benjamin86

Established Member
Well well well... i believe you were one of them no? I was the one telling everyone how cumbersome he looked.

Etc....

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The problem is that White isn't a Ā£50M player.
He's English and plays in the Premier League, so that dictates the price. After all, United paid Ā£80m for Maguire, Leicester and Palace wanted 70m+ for Maddison & Zaha respectively, and City paid Ā£41m for Nathan Ake due to his homegrown status. Ben White is very much a Ā£50m player looking at equivalent moves. Hell we got Ā£100m for Iwobi, Willock & the Ox....

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Love the fact this directly contradicts other reports! But yes, if Ajax are holding out for Ā£50m, United can have him
The questions that need to be answered are.

Is he a better DM than Partey?

Is he a better lb than Tierney?

Is he a better cb than Gabriel?

I don't think he is. 50 million pounds? That's a lot.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Roman Reigns Sport GIF by WWE

drippin

We need a starting level LB. That's certain because Tierney can't stay fit. Otherwise it can ruin our season.. again.

He is better inverted LB than Tierney, yes. That's the role Ornstein has said is planned for him.

He is also better LCB than Holding. He is also better DMF than Elneny.

It's pretty obvious why they want him. We could sell Holding then which gives us some of the money spent back.

drippin

What happens when you press ignore on someone? Do you still see their posts?
No. But you can click "Show ignored content". They see your messages still and can reply.

Beware that also the threads they have started dissappear from your sight.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ā­
^ yep, I just put you on ignore & cant see you any more

not sure how to take people off ignore so best of luck in the future mate

lomekian

Essays are my thing

That's where I'm at. Ā£30m for a good rotation option for the 3 positions? Sounds fair to me. Ā£50m to someone unlikely to nail down a first team shirt is too steep, particularly when their best position is CB where Gabriel has been pretty damn good. Rumours suggest the club feels the same way. Little merit in getting involved in bidding wars unless the players are proper elite.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
What happens when you press ignore on someone? Do you still see their posts?
Only if you click on 'see ignored content' or something like that. A few have earned that status in recent weeks, particularly the bloke suggesting that false rape accusations were the real problem in that conversation...

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Well well well.... coming around to my way of thinking yet again i see :eyess:

drippin

That's where I'm at. Ā£30m for a good rotation option for the 3 positions? Sounds fair to me. Ā£50m to someone unlikely to nail down a first team shirt is too steep, particularly when their best position is CB where Gabriel has been pretty damn good. Rumours suggest the club feels the same way. Little merit in getting involved in bidding wars unless the players are proper elite.
40 million pounds sounds like the maximum to me, and even that's a bit steep. But the guy looks very talented and solid.

We have to remember that selling Holding gives us some money. And this transfer enables that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Å eÅ”koā€™s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennesā€™ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom