• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Footballer arrested on suspicion of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Ugh, hate these kind of reports. It's all good for clicks and clout. People are just throwing names around without any proof and such.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, of course anyone accused of such a serious crime should be suspended during the investigation.

None of us have the information to make an informed decision on this case, either way.

Just because someone makes a claim, it doesn't make it automatically true, however much our emotional response is to want to believe the accuser.

I agree that false claims aren't common but innocent people's lives have been ruined by false claims of this nature. It's an exceptionally serious accusation and should be treated as such. To me it's better to be safe than sorry and wait till the legal system runs its course rather than make a kneejerk emotional response even if you think 9/10 that will prove true.

I don’t think anyones asking for anything more than suspension while this is going on tbf.

I’m just wary of supporting anyone through this under the banner of innocent until proven guilty because odds wise it’s not really in their favour.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What’s the speculation online saying? Give me some names.

Only Partey, but that's based off a tweet this morning from a random account saying something bad has happened, other than that nothing.

Sulosky

gettyimages-2014797_wide-63b7c37d4f468e2e77418b22727b0963281bad24-s1200-c85.webp

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Only Partey, but that's based off a tweet this morning from a random account saying something bad has happened, other than that nothing.

Wasnt that tweet posted after the first article about this suspected rape was published?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Then its most likely not one of ours

Xhaka is on holiday

FW1p7kWWAAEV3bs

and Elneny was also abroad in june.

Edit: ****, old photo apparently. Already deleted as well.
This is a story though. The photos are intended to delete after 24 hours.

Badger_Revenge

I think clubs can't tweet anything official now, because leaks have left the list of possible players so small, that any attempt to clear a player is basically an accusation. Privacy become pointless if people can work by process of elimination.

The thing I don't like is how so many people are scoring clicks on the back of a purported rape, and how many just go along with it. Social media is just sick.

Malky

Established Member
Really hope it’s not one of our players.
Imagine if it’s Kane or Son and that’s why Sp**s spent big money on Richarlison?! :eek:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can someone share the Telegraph article here under spoilers? Or the most reliable article about this?

Would be interesting to read it word for word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom