• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Different nationalities’ Arsenal XI

Which pair would you prefer?

• Total voters

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
1) Lehman. 🇩🇪
2) Lauren. 🇸🇳
3) Sylvinho. 🇧🇷
4) Fabregas. 🇪🇦
5) Toure. 🇨🇮
6) Adams. (Capt). 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
7) Sanchez. 🇨🇱
8) Ramsey. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
9) Henry. 🇫🇷
10) Bergkamp. 🇳🇱
11) Brady. 🇮🇪

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Lehmann
Lauren Toure Adams Sylvinho
Ljungberg Fabregas Vieira Sanchez
Bergkamp Aubameyang
Very hard to pick that. Just wanted to choose from those that I've actually watched play for us as well.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Great thread, some really hard decisions especially around the English, Spanish, French and Dutch players.

Cole vs Campbell vs Seamen was really tricky for me. But then prime Sol was just so good and the step down to Mertesacker was big imo...

Leaving out both Henry & Bergkamp seems mental but a midfield of Vieira / Gilberto / Fabregas is too tempting to pass up. It's got everything in that midfield.

---------------- Lehmann ----------------

Lauren -- Toure -- Campbell -- Tierney

------------ Vieira ---------- Gilberto ----------

--------------------- Fabregas --------------------

Ljungberg ----- Van Persie ----- Sanchez

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lehmann
Lauren Toure Adams Sylvinho
Bergkamp Aubameyang
Very hard to pick that. Just wanted to choose from those that I've actually watched play for us as well.
The Vieira or Henry decision is brutal. Both are wrecking balls who are more than just a midfielder or striker. Vieira is the daddy though. I think Vieira completes any team.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Vieira or Henry decision is brutal. Both are wrecking balls who are more than just a midfielder or striker. Vieira is the daddy though. I think Vieira completes any team.

Henry is probably the best player we've had but there's more alternatives to him in a side like this. Wright/Auba/Van Persie etc. Who do you replace Vieira with? It just can't be done.

Cole probably should be in there as well but I couldn't leave out Mr Arsenal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Mannone

Luzhnyi Djourou Mari Santos

Bischoff Kallstrom

Miyaichi Barazite Gervinho

Chamakh

Harsh on Luzhnyi and Djourou, both had some quality moments here...should be Jenkinson and Silvestre.

Also Szcz was better here than Emi... Martinez had 6 good months (without fans, which is like training) and in a defensive setup...while Woj came into a super attacking team as a kid, and was brilliant in his first season, in an attacking Arsène team.

He also had some top seasons here, 11-12 and 13-14 he was superb, won a golden glove in this period too...he just ended here badly, he's the opposite of Emi...who did nothing/was crap everytime he played, until there was no fans to put him off.

Not saying Emi wasn't good, he was ..but he is a little overrated, when you consider all the circumstances.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Like this Thread, thought I might do a Second Team. It is more difficult than you realize.
1) Manninger. 🇦🇹
2) Vivas. 🇦🇷
3) Tierney. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
4) Vieira. (Capt). 🇫🇷
5) Vermaelen. 🇧🇪
6) Mertasacher. 🇩🇪
7) Arsharvin. 🇷🇺
8) Schwarz. 🇸🇪
9) Aubameyang. 🇬🇦
10) Wright. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
11) Overmars. 🇳🇱

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Szczney
Lauren Toure Mertesacker Sylvinho
Bergkamp Wright​

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Martinez
Lauren - Kolo - Mertesacker - Cole
Vieira - Gilberto
Cesc
Ljungberg - Van Persie - Alexis

Yeah that’s a world class line up. Think I’ve won this tbh.
Wait there.

———Henry———
Alexis—Özil—Overmars
——Partey—Cesc——
Cole—Gabriel——Kolo—Tomiyasu
————Martinez————

I get bonus points for using more continents too. 2 African, 5 Europeans, 1 Asian and 3 South Americans.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We’ve actually had enough elite strikers in our history that I was ok picking RVP up top or lesser guys like Bergkamp or Auba.

Vieira was one of one though in our history. I’d say the greatest PL midfielder of my lifetime after Yaya and there’s no one you can really swap him out for.

Wait there.

———Henry———
Alexis—Özil—Overmars
——Partey—Cesc——
————Martinez————

I get bonus points for using more continents too. 2 African, 5 Europeans, 1 Asian and 3 South Americans.

My team curb stomps everyone else’s though.

Drooling over that front three with Cesc and Freddie laying it on for RVP and Alexis.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Wait there.

———Henry———
Alexis—Özil—Overmars
——Partey—Cesc——
————Martinez————

I can do another.

——Adebayor——RvP——
Hleb—Ramsey——Vieira——Saka
Monreal—Vermaelen-Luiz—Eboue
Sczenzy.

I kinda went downhill with the defence but hey-ho Arsenal have never really had a strong set of defenders in my years watching them. Also, there is a lack of variation when it comes to nationalities concerning the centre backs. Mostly are French, Brazilian and English with a few random countries thrown in.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom