• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Different nationalities’ Arsenal XI

Which pair would you prefer?

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
And a third

Auba
Pires-Bergkamp-Ljungberg
Wilshere-Song
Tierney-Paulista-Djourou-Bellerin
Fabianski

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
No offence bro but this is hideous. Worst team so far.
Well the point of this thread is to have players from all nationalities, otherwise I't be all French, English, Spanish, German and Dutch players and be done with it. You have to mix it in and Granit Xavi cannot be left out of any combination.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well the point of this thread is to have players from all nationalities, otherwise I't be all French, English, Spanish, German and Dutch players and be done with it. You have to mix it in and Granit Xavi cannot be left out of any combination.

You’ve got Tierney and Lauren as centre backs with Xhaka wing back ffs.

Neither of your midfielders can tackle to save their lives either. Struggle to make top 4 with that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
You’ve got Tierney and Lauren as centre backs with Xhaka wing back ffs.

Neither of your midfielders can tackle to save their lives either. Struggle to make top 4 with that.
I had to make sure there is place for Fabregas in there 😎

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Son and Kane v Bergkanp and Overmars.

Shall we make our debate a tag team match in the future, @Rex Bezos ?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
In an Arsenal shirt. RVP insane goal ratio, carried us top 4 single handed etc.
You're in no position to judge albakos with this take right afterwards though. How is "in an Arsenal shirt" an argument when Bergkamp spent his prime years with us? Even ignoring his glass legs he only had one season where he was as good as Bergkamp at any point before the latter's legs went. Bergkamp between 98 and 02 was a much more complete player

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You're in no position to judge albakos with this take right afterwards though. How is "in an Arsenal shirt" an argument when Bergkamp spent his prime years with us? Even ignoring his glass legs he only had one season where he was as good as Bergkamp at any point before the latter's legs went. Bergkamp between 98 and 02 was a much more complete player

RVP 2011/12 is an absolute stratosphere bracket along with the best Thierry seasons.

My team has the balance where it’s got enough creators so Bergkamp over RVP wouldn’t make sense.

Alexis and RVP would plunder the league with Cesc and Vieira behind.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
RVP 2011/12 is an absolute stratosphere bracket along with the best Thierry seasons.
Disagree, RVP was seriously great that year but still a notch below Henry between 01 and 04. The entire team was set up for him in 2011, Song Walcott Gervinho everyone was feeding him everything. Not saying that's a bad thing per se but it often hampers the team's max capacity like it does with Kane and Sp**s.

Henry was a facilitator as well as scorer, RVP had brilliant technique and could bring others into play too but not at the same level as Henry, aside from the massive difference in pace and physicality. Switch them out in their respective best seasons and imagine how they'd fare

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Disagree, RVP was seriously great that year but still a notch below Henry between 01 and 04. The entire team was set up for him in 2011, Song Walcott Gervinho everyone was feeding him everything. Not saying that's a bad thing per se but it often hampers the team's max capacity like it does with Kane and Sp**s.

Henry was a facilitator as well as scorer, RVP had brilliant technique and could bring others into play too but not at the same level as Henry, aside from the massive difference in pace and physicality. Switch them out in their respective best seasons and imagine how they'd fare

I’m not saying he’s on the Henry level but he’s the only other striker since who put together a season comparable to one of his.

That team was pretty mediocre when you break it down. I thought it was the fifth best team that year and we ended up finishing third. Most of that I’d put on RVP.

Song, Walcott and Gervinho as his main creators enhances his legacy if anything :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I’m not saying he’s on the Henry level but he’s the only other striker since who put together a season comparable to one of his.

That team was pretty mediocre when you break it down. I thought it was the fifth best team that year and we ended up finishing third. Most of that I’d put on RVP.

Song, Walcott and Gervinho as his main creators enhances his legacy if anything :lol:
Nah Bergkamp in the first double winning season was definitely on that level too.

5th is an outrageous claim, even ignoring that you rate that Sp**s team higher than ours who'd you have 4th, that di Matteo team of geriatrics or Newcastle?

Song that season was genuinely brilliant, Walcott had his best ever season with some 30+ goals and assists and Gervinho while a bit **** can be very effective to work with as a striker because of his constant movement. RVP was great that year but he was given a hand how the entire team was focused on him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah Bergkamp in the first double winning season was definitely on that level too.

5th is an outrageous claim, even ignoring that you rate that Sp**s team higher than ours who'd you have 4th, that di Matteo team of geriatrics or Newcastle?

The Di Matteo team won the CL though. If they hadn’t hired two duff managers they’d probably have finished above us.

Drogba, Terry, Cech, Lampard and Cole were still good players and Mata was unreal that year.

Song that season was genuinely brilliant, Walcott had his best ever season with some 30+ goals and assists and Gervinho while a bit **** can be very effective to work with as a striker because of his constant movement. RVP was great that year but he was given a hand how the entire team was focused on him.

Yeah my argument against all those is firstly that none of them could hold a candle to some of the invincible era players and secondly two out of those three’s careers absolutely tanked the second they weren’t playing with him.

In my eyes he made them better than they looked because he’d need one sight of goal. Take the Song chips which everyone still talks about. They still needed world class volleys to finish them off. As for Theo he only had 16 goals and assists that season and he peaked the year after.

Other thing in Robin’s favour is that his scoring rate stayed extremely consistent year after year. He was always an elite finisher the difference with 2011/12 he was fit for a whole season.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The Di Matteo team won the CL though. If they hadn’t hired two duff managers they’d probably have finished above us.

Drogba, Terry, Cech, Lampard and Cole were still good players and Mata was unreal that year.
Mata was unreal that year and those players were still decent yes, don't think they were better than we were anyway. Bit difficult to say the squad was good enough to win the CL despite the **** managers but in the league they dragged them down to 6th.
Yeah my argument against all those is firstly that none of them could hold a candle to some of the invincible era players and secondly two out of those three’s careers absolutely tanked the second they weren’t playing with him.

In my eyes he made them better than they looked because he’d need one sight of goal. Take the Song chips which everyone still talks about. They still needed world class volleys to finish them off. As for Theo he only had 16 goals and assists that season and he peaked the year after.

Other thing in Robin’s favour is that his scoring rate stayed extremely consistent year after year. He was always an elite finisher the difference with 2011/12 he was fit for a whole season.
For Theo I was wrong about the year, he had 'only' 23 G/A across all competitions that year as you say - as a 22 year old so hardly like he was a complete ****house. Song you could make a case for as he really peaked that season feeding RVP but some of the assists he's had (for Santos vs Chelsea, for RVP vs Dortmund) showed there was a baller there. Walcott you acknowledged yourself improved after RVP left.

Gervinho you're way off, his time at Arsenal was mostly **** but his second season where he benched Giroud for a while was actually a bit better than the one with RVP. Either way his career certainly didn't tank sans RVP he was much better at Roma and Parma than for us.

Agree RVP always showed a high level but what's it worth when you're a ****ing cripple can't play and turn out to be a snake. Bergkamp is Messi tier technically, never raped anyone, doesn't fly ie cares for the environment plus won league titles with us one as our main man. Easy choice

Riou

Robin's carry jobs, for us in 11/12 and United in 12/13 were very impressive...neither of those 2 teams get Champions League football/win the league, without him.

Our 2010/2011 team is one of my fav Emirates era sides, can't believe we didn't end the trophy drought that season. ..but by the nest season we did look kinda meh very quickly, Van Persie was elite though...shame he couldn't have stayed as we started to build a very good team after he left, but Ferguson and United were definitely a safer bet for a league medal and at his age he kinda had to take it.

Dennis is Dennis though, he will always be ahead of him...pretty much started started our golden period when he signed, was one of the best players in the Prem/world football and with the trophies to match...and even internationally, his 98 World Cup and 2000 Euros is above anything Robin did for Holland (though RVP did come into the Dutch team as they were on the down, to be fair to him)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Robin's carry jobs, for us in 11/12 and United in 12/13 were very impressive...neither of those 2 teams get Champions League football/win the league, without him.

Our 2010/2011 team is one of my fav Emirates era sides, can't believe we didn't end the trophy drought that season. ..but by the nest season we did look kinda meh very quickly, Van Persie was elite though...shame he couldn't have stayed as we started to build a very good team after he left, but Ferguson and United were definitely a safer bet for a league medal and at his age he kinda had to take it.

Dennis is Dennis though, he will always be ahead of him...pretty much started started our golden period when he signed, was one of the best players in the Prem/world football and with the trophies to match...and even internationally, his 98 World Cup and 2000 Euros is above anything Robin did for Holland (though RVP did come into the Dutch team as they were on the down, to be fair to him)

RVP was elite in that 2014 World Cup tbf. Yes Bergkamp has that iconic goal against the Argies but Robin had that absolutely mad header against Spain.

Same amount of goals as Bergkamp in World Cups and he was arguably the best player on a team that made a final then finished third.

Leading goal scorer for them as well with a better goal to game ratio.

Mata was unreal that year and those players were still decent yes, don't think they were better than we were anyway. Bit difficult to say the squad was good enough to win the CL despite the **** managers but in the league they dragged them down to 6th.

Point is that considering that was the one year we finished above them in a 12 year span it’s not crazy to think that they had a better team.

With decent managers like Rafa, Jose and Carlo we never really troubled them consistently in the league.

For Theo I was wrong about the year, he had 'only' 23 G/A across all competitions that year as you say - as a 22 year old so hardly like he was a complete ****house. Song you could make a case for as he really peaked that season feeding RVP but some of the assists he's had (for Santos vs Chelsea, for RVP vs Dortmund) showed there was a baller there. Walcott you acknowledged yourself improved after RVP left.

Gervinho you're way off, his time at Arsenal was mostly **** but his second season where he benched Giroud for a while was actually a bit better than the one with RVP. Either way his career certainly didn't tank sans RVP he was much better at Roma and Parma than for us.

Gervinho started that year off hot playing as a striker but before long his form cratered.

Had that awful miss against Bradford and ended up getting benched for most of the season.

Scored against Chelsea in September and didn’t get another goal or assist in the league until March.

Riou

RVP was elite in that 2014 World Cup tbf. Yes Bergkamp has that iconic goal against the Argies but Robin had that absolutely mad header against Spain.

Same amount of goals as Bergkamp in World Cups and he was arguably the best player on a team that made a final then finished third.

Point is that considering that was the one year we finished above them in a 12 year span it’s not crazy to think that they had a better team.

With decent managers like Rafa, Jose and Carlo we never really troubled them consistently in the league.

Gervinho started that year off hot playing as a striker but before long his form cratered.

Had that awful miss against Bradford and ended up getting benched for most of the season.

Scored against Chelsea in September and didn’t get another goal or assist in the league until March.

Forgot about that, he was quality that World Cup...think Holland being pretty poor to watch through most of his time as an international, really hinders him.

I remember him scoring a brilliant free kick at the 2006 edition too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Martinez

Lauren
Toure
Adams
Tierney

Gilberto
Fabregas
Özil

Bergkamp
Henry
Auba

Pretty Solid I’ll say.

Don’t know why you’re all picking Cole over Adams.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

How are you going to mention the Argentina or Spain goals and not the Newcastle goal? Literally the greatest goal ever scored.

As for RVP's honours sounds a lot like the Harry Kane trophycase.

Their squad was mostly a lot better in the years where the other managers were in charge too. Also if you mention Rafa - they finished two points ahead of us the year after and that was where our strike force was Podolski and Giroud at his worst with Cazorla dragging us to CL football. Don't think their squad was any better than ours but then I also don't think Sp**s were when they were literally Bale + 10 warm bodies.

Only mentioned Gervinho because of your claim his career tanked after RVP left. What am I supposed to do with this information?

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom