• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
in your opinion, objectively, Arteta should have been fired at least twice:lol:
Tbh I'm laughing through the tears because of the recent controversy though. I can't look at anything the club do without thinking about it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Not saying you’re completely wrong. Yeah we need reinforcements, but outside out of City and Liverpool, we all do. Point I’m trying to make is, I think our issues aren’t as bad as the other teams trying to get 4th. I’m happier with our issues rather than Chelsea or United. Importantly, at the very least we have a strategy and a style of play we’re focussing on. Not convinced they do. In summary, we’re miles off top 2, but given the teams around us going for top 4, there’s an opportunity. Your statement was we’re mid-table. We’re not.
Chelsea and United have money, more talent and real managers. I backed the guy till facts got in the way of my heart, Arteta is floundering he isn’t flowering before our eyes. Once someone proves to me they are incompetent for a complex and difficult job, after having been given all the resources necessary for the job; and 2 and a half years time I don’t hunt for reasons to give them more time. Being a football manager is not something everyone is cut out for 400 million pounds later I have less confidence I had in Arteta now, as compared to the day he started.

Farzad Stoned

Even though your basic agenda is anti-Arteta, can’t fault the logic here. The starting 11 is a top 4 contender, but history has shown we need to be 16 deep with real talent given injuries and schedule. We are not there yet. We will find this out if we don’t sign a couple more players and then there is this built in excuse as to why we didn’t do what we should have done. The opportunity is now.
I don’t have an Anti Arteta agenda, tell me on what evidence do you base your opinion he has the chops for the job of that level? He was a disaster last year down the stretch and his thin squad botch job of Champions League after 2 years and money has in my opinion destroyed any basis to keep the guy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Income and expenditure from 2004 to 2012
View attachment 8165

It is not a belief it is a fact, along with a host of others clubs whom had bigger budgets during that period. Lets clarify what a transfer budget is, a transfer budget is the funds a board makes available to a manager to sign players. Wenger was given little to nothing by the board to spend as we were paying off 100s of millions in loans, all transfers had to be near totally funded by selling players. Stoke and others had the luxury of spending raw cash provided by the board without having to sell and shift players to fund the transfers. Multiple people have pointed this out to you now and you continue to deny it or try and shift topics.

They could not attract them because they were not a CL club every season with elite training facilities/elite ground with a elite manager, agreed. I dispute afford, presuming we are talking about Stoke after they became a established PL side. Adebayor 3M, Theo 5M, Eduardo 7M, Cesc free, Ramsey 4.8M, Sagna 7M etc. If anything that list only furthers my point, the bulk of our side post loan debt was signed for cheap and again, funded by selling others.

I thought it was pretty clear by budget we were talking about transfer budget, but ok, yeah, obviously as a CL team we needed to pay CL wages, I don't dispute that. If Stoke had appointed a elite manager whom rose them up to playing in the CL every season they would have gradually transformed to a similar wage structure as ours, taking funds away from the transfer budget if necessary. As they were only ever relegation scrappers they only ever paid relegation scrapper wages. Not sure how this is relevant to what we we're discussing which was clearly transfer budgets.

I only pointed out we didn't because you claimed it was a "excuse" by the Wenger lot that we could not compete with them during that period due to their vastly superior financial resources, never claimed anyone said we had the same funds as the Chelsea/Citys :lol:

If you are wonderng why i'm not going to reply to the bulk of your post it's because it is all just nasty stuff like this, unsubstantiated guff bringing up all the old DT Wenger tropes like he is arrogant and stubborn and refuses to listen and has a weak mentality and he gets paid this amount what a disgrace and blah blah, all personal character opinions about a man you don't know with zero supporting evidence. There is nothing to debate here since i'm not going to make weird claims that I know what Wengers personality is, I just go off undisputed facts like league performances/spend etc.

Eh? He is yet to match Emerys only full season and has dragged us out of Europe for the first time in multiple decades, record poor performances in the league all whilst spending the most in Europe. If Wenger/Emery had the luxury of Artetas spend I'd be expecting us to push for the league not go on about 5th being a success whilst not having any European commitments

We've been through this repeatedly, I consider going from 4th to 3rd to 2nd whilst starting to win trophies again with the 3 FA cups in 4 years a improvement, your claim is that because we were still in what you call the "stagnation" of the 70-80 points zone there was no improvement. I don't really know how to respond to that tbh, all i'll say is that I go off trophies won and league position to measure success, if Arteta finishes 4th then 3rd then 2nd all whilst winning multiple FA cups i'm absolutely going to consider that a gradual season by season improvement and will argue with anyone who say's otherwise

I think this is the crux of the issue really, either a genuine inability to understand or a desire to not want to understand that a elite manager who goes from having a healthy transfer budget, albeit inferior to his direct rivals, which allows him to compete for leagues, to one of the lower budgets in the division yet consistently massively outperforms compared to his spend and gets Champions league season season out is not declining and stagnating, he simply is being forced to operate on a far lower budget.

Nobody would argue Pep is declining if the Oil baron owners get bored and he suddenly has to operate on a nothing budget yet still plays beautiful football and consistently gets top 4 every season, then a new group of owners come in whom don't give him anywhere near what the oil barons did but it's something, and he then proceeds to finish 4th then 3rd then 2nd all whilst winning multiple FA cups. Well except you I guess.

Nobody is disputing if Wenger had been at a team with one of the top budgets in the division finishing 4th he would have been sacked either. Irrelevant point. Heck, if Wenger was being given the money Arteta has been given (the most spend in Europe) I would expect a title push, and if the best he could do is scrape 4th i'd not be against moving him on. Obviously I'd immediately call for his sacking for finishing 8th once, never mind twice in a row but hey, Tets has really improved us :lol:

Anyone with an avi of Johan Djourou, is fine by me.

He wasn't the best player, but seems a good laugh...which is really all that matters.

Did have some weirdly good periods of form here too, shame for the injuries.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I don’t have an Anti Arteta agenda, tell me on what evidence do you base your opinion he has the chops for the job of that level? He was a disaster last year down the stretch and his thin squad botch job of Champions League after 2 years and money has in my opinion destroyed any basis to keep the guy.
This season is the one where he can be truly judged as he has in most part his own team & now a half decent bench.

We are still a bit short of where most of us would like us to be strength wise but we still have a lot of deadwood taking up squad space & those players are hard to shift. That's not his fault. It's just the state of the market right now. If those spaces were free, of course we would strengthen.

I think this season will be similar to last, as in City & Pool way ahead of the rest. The rest being ourselves, Sp**s, Utd, Chelsea, possibly West Ham. There arent any clear favourites for the 3rd & 4th spots right now, but we are way stronger than last season. However, we are still a couple of injuries away from another implosion. Only 2 strikers & the TP situation could kill us.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Which top 4 team wouldn't fire a manager for touching 16th?
You're just asking me to cite another club's opinion though. Do you see how that's circular? In fact, it's worse than that, it's my opinion of what their opinion is.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that sometimes orthodoxies are wrong. If there's an explosive upturn in form this season and he proves that he's a wc manager by competing for the title then I think the club will be proven right (also providing he's not central to a certain player being given quarter at our historic club).

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Which top 4 team wouldn't fire a manager for touching 16th?
This is a fair point but listen to Edu's recent interviews.
There has been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes where Tets left a positive mark otherwise, indeed, it makes no sense why he's still at the helm.

Farzad Stoned

This season is the one where he can be truly judged as he has in most part his own team & now a half decent bench.

We are still a bit short of where most of us would like us to be strength wise but we still have a lot of deadwood taking up squad space & those players are hard to shift. That's not his fault. It's just the state of the market right now. If those spaces were free, of course we would strengthen.

I think this season will be similar to last, as in City & Pool way ahead of the rest. The rest being ourselves, Sp**s, Utd, Chelsea, possibly West Ham. There arent any clear favourites for the 3rd & 4th spots right now, but we are way stronger than last season. However, we are still a couple of injuries away from another implosion. Only 2 strikers & the TP situation could kill us.
He should be judged from the moment he takes over 2 and a half years and 400 million is plenty of time to judge him, now when he fails to improve the team again other than his mantras about progress what has he done to earn staying? Sp**s is 3rd best team in division clearly after last window and United won’t be that terrible forever.

shoot for the top

You're just asking me to cite another club's opinion though. Do you see how that's circular? In fact, it's worse than that, it's my opinion of what their opinion is.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that sometimes orthodoxies are wrong. If there's an explosive upturn in form this season and he proves that he's a wc manager by competing for the title then I think the club will be proven right (also providing he's not central to a certain player being given quarter at our historic club).
We already gave him 2 and half season with transfer backing. He's not going anywhere even if he fails.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He should be judged from the moment he takes over 2 and a half years and 400 million is plenty of time to judge him, now when he fails to improve the team again other than his mantras about progress what has he done to earn staying? Sp**s is 3rd best team in division clearly after last window and United won’t be that terrible forever.
Fck me. Lighten up mate.

Farzad Stoned

Fck me. Lighten up mate.
I hope you laugh at my stuff and remind for a laugh because we killed it. With Allardyce in skinny jeans I just don’t see it. I am actually quiet a pleasant personality when not talking about Arsenal.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I hope you laugh at my stuff and remind for a laugh because we killed it. With Allardyce in skinny jeans I just don’t see it. I am actually quiet a pleasant personality when not talking about Arsenal.
Football isn't the be all & end all in my life & whether a football manager manages to get a football club into 4th or not is not a life defining thing for me.

I've learnt to just take things for what they are & try to enjoy the buzz. It doesn't make me any less passionate about the club I've supported for 35 odd years, but getting stressed or antaginised by things out of my control is frankly pointless.

Like I said, lighten up man.

Farzad Stoned

Football isn't the be all & end all in my life & whether a football manager manages to get a football club into 4th or not is not a life defining thing for me.

I've learnt to just take things for what they are & try to enjoy the buzz. It doesn't make me any less passionate about the club I've supported for 35 odd years, but getting stressed or antaginised by things out of my control is frankly pointless.

Like I said, lighten up man.
I am like I said very well adjusted and balanced in life thanks for your concern, but Arteta is a sh.t manager.

Gn1212

Not even Sp**s big up their ****ty team like this. The dickriding from Arsenal fans with Sp**s is actually mad. That lot were hardly better than us and had plenty of embarrassing moments themselves, even under Conte.

Their window has been average at best and their fans are praying they get one big move before the window shuts.

We'll see how they cope with arguably one of the most congested seasons up ahead.

Farzad Stoned

Can't wear skinny jeans I'm afraid, my glutes are too profound.

Can you send me pulis's address please, I only ask because you come across as the type of guy that would follow a bald middle aged man home and watch him eat mash potato with gravy and feel titalated.
You have weird fetishes bro you come across as a dolt who thinks he can read peole’s lives and make a caricature of them when their logic fails badly. By the way believe anything about my life you like I don’t need to prove myself to mental midgets, the discrepancy of intellect does the talking for me.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
You have weird fetishes bro you come across as a dolt who thinks he can read peole’s lives and make a caricature of them when their logic fails badly. By the way believe anything about my life you like I don’t need to prove myself to mental midgets, the discrepancy of intellect does the talking for me.
No need to be so defensive Saliba.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom