• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not one point in this exchange did I 'further promote the PR narrative that Arteta’s poor results are because he’s been clearing up the sh!t left by previous managers'.
OK, so you didn’t say the team was crap when he took over. Wait . . .

D

Deleted member 102404

Just imagine the advert for the managers job bro.
Come to Arsenal: unlimited spend, unlimited time to craft your own hand built team regardless of results”.
Arteta would have been killed in the stampede. :lol:
Arteta doesn’t have unlimited time or money. Pretty sure he will be sacked if we don’t do better than last year as a minimum.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think Arsenal manager is one of the most coveted jobs in world football after the likes of Madrid and stuff.

Even if it's debatable today, it won't be after Arteta's tenure.
It always was coveted, pretending it wasn’t and posting about them now wanting to come here after Arteta’s cleared up the crap, is all part of the PR that fans are knee deep in.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Arteta doesn’t have unlimited time or money. Pretty sure he will be sacked if we don’t do better than last year as a minimum.
He’s entering his 4th season without achieving anything like the results fans were demanding of previous managers. That’s a lifetime in terms of an underperforming EPL manager.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think Arsenal manager is one of the most coveted jobs in world football after the likes of Madrid and stuff.

Even if it's debatable today, it won't be after Arteta's tenure.
Even if you just narrow it down to just money you're likely to be a top10 highest paid manager in the world at Arsenal? That's before you factor in London, before you factor in the size of the club and what it will do for your rep.

Now If Edu&co were telling potential managers that they're going to get patience and backing from the board for at least three years with minimal expectations results wise then it basically becomes the most coveted managerial job in the world. If there was a football equivalent of a jobs board you'd have almost every available manager in the world applying.

The wagebill at the time Unai left is irrelevant because new manager would have had the time and freedom to clear it, the only thing that matters about the wagebill is the size of it and ours is clearly big enough to be a competitive team. It's not long ago that we had Auba, Partey and Laca on a combined 800kpw. We cleared the bill not because we were broke but because we want to use it on other guys.

Long story short, it's a massive job, add the three years of no pressure to deliver and it becomes the managerial job. I know so many guys are jealous of Mikel :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

MakingTrump in full action
Let’s clear this up. I’m no teacher so bear with me and I’ll attempt to explain it.

Arteta:
19/20, 20/21, 21/22 . . . that’s three finishes Arteta has been in charge. All in the top 8.
Conte:
21/22 . . . that’s one finish in the top 4

Those are the facts man, even if you don’t like them.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Let’s clear this up. I’m no teacher so bear with me and I’ll attempt to explain it.

Arteta:
19/20, 20/21, 21/22 . . . that’s three finishes Arteta has been in charge. All in the top 8.
Conte:
21/22 . . . that’s one finish in the top 4

Those are the facts man, even if you don’t like them.
19/20 when though? In what atmosphere? Context matters MakingTrump.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I don't think we'd have an issue moving on any of those guys tbh. Mainly because many of them are English or have PL pedigree, like Jesus, and will attract interest from PL clubs if we want to sell.

Wouldn't surprise me one iota if half of these guys getting hailed today are known as wastemen 2/3 years from now we've seen it happen to better players. Or under the next manager if he has enough charisma.

No manager ideally wants to be judged by the previous manager's old work. Arteta is the first time after Pep I've seen this desire fully indulged though.

You say this but I dunno how many clubs willingly take on Ben White or Ramsdale after their Arsenal stint, unless they make massive strides ofcourse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When Arteta was appointed the narrative was he inherited a side performing well below their potential. Finishing 5th and runner up in EL was seen as so disappointing that some wanted Emery gone. Whether this assessment of the squad was right or not I think most thought they were capable of at least seriously challenging top 4.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It’s just opinions at the end of the day, but I firmly believe as a club we are a far more attractive club now than we were when Emery was sacked.

I’m not surprised that those who hate Arteta can’t see that because he played a huge part in assisting this.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When Arteta was appointed the narrative was he inherited a side performing well below their potential. Finishing 5th and runner up in EL was seen as so disappointing that some wanted Emery gone. Whether this assessment of the squad was right or not I think most thought they were capable of at least seriously challenging top 4.
We were fighting relegation when Teta arrived. That win at West Ham under Freddie was ridiculously big.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It’s just opinions at the end of the day, but I firmly believe as a club we are a far more attractive club now than we were when Emery was sacked.

I’m not surprised that those who hate Arteta can’t see that because he played a huge part in assisting this.

Never thought I'd see a day where Arteta shills try to turn their nose up at guys insisting the club has always been attractive.

Can't win :lol:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Never thought I'd see a day where Arteta shills try to turn their nose up at guys insisting the club has always been attractive.

Can't win :lol:

Again I didn’t say this but you’re putting words in my mouth 🤣

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We’ve basically taken a skinny Victoria Secrets model and given her a pair of double D’s and back for days. That’s the best analogy for this debate.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom