• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Q
Pulling stuff from the sky here. After 15 years of top flight football it’s safe to say his decline was natural.
Don't think one has to pull stuff from the sky:

This was in 2019 when fortnite was just getting popular. Özil still continues to play hours. There is a good chance that this played a part in it. His decline started way back. Not 15 years after he started his career.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I wonder if gaming was as big circa 1999, as it is now...would we have seen more top players giving up the game for it?

I can picture it now...

293111330_528757068813350_5060442360078394490_n.png

...we were this close, to losing our best best players at their peak...phew!

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I wonder if gaming was as big circa 1999, as it is now...would we have seen more top players giving up the game for it?

I can picture it now...

293111330_528757068813350_5060442360078394490_n.png

...we were this close, to losing our best best players at their peak...phew!

DB looks a bit baffled by the Dreamcast. Strikes me as more of a Tetris sort of guy.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Kola Marseille want to sell him Özil Fenerbache terminate his contract mustafi don't know where he at. So i guess no only auba because he still has quality unlike those 3
And Özil was they guy people here were dragging Emery and Arteta over the fire for wanting to move on from... The DFB were a bunch of racists etc. etc. Özil has become toxic and un-coachable clearly. The Fenerbache fans are dancing in the streets for getting rid of him. Now he is on to the cross town rival Erdogan club... Hope the Fenerbache fans give him plenty of grief when they play!

@Jury Talk about being proven right!

@ everyone who was Özil out. You were right!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
And Özil was they guy people here were dragging Emery and Arteta over the fire for wanting to move on from... The DFB were a bunch of racists etc. etc. Özil has become toxic and un-coachable clearly. The Fenerbache fans are dancing in the streets for getting rid of him. Now he is on to the cross town rival Erdogan club... Hope the Fenerbache fans give him plenty of grief when they play!

caseuteburger with a post so beautiful I’m crying in da club right now

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Chelsea are WAY worse than us. They have Arrizabalaga, Barkley, Ziyech, Sarr, Emerson, Baba Rahman, Batshuayi, Bakayoko and Lukaku who are all surplus to requirements. Those 9 players cost around £335m and so far they have recouped £0m and they will lucky if they end up getting fees for any of them. Only just got rid of Drinkwater last month or that would have added another £40m spent with £0m recouped.
If we would have the transfer policy of Chelsea and Man U posters here would be in total meltdown. Imagine us having the Lukaku or Pogba/Ronaldo sagas. Now that would be unreal! Talk about burning money!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yep. Remember all those laughs at me explaining how Özil might have attitude problems etc.

Sad story how Özil and Alexis both ended up in different ways.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Our current predicament is much worse because of the way those two turned out. Alexis leaving wasn't bad in the end because he fell off so hard at United anyway but the deal to replace him with Mkhi stunk.

And then Özil as well basically declining hard at 29 after his big contract. If we'd caught a break and kept Alexis and Özil fit & firing until they were 32/33 we'd have been in so much better shape. But instead we got more bad luck with an almost identical situation with our star striker 12 months after Özil left. Chuck in Willian's hard decline and we've been mega unlucky with our big money senior pro contracts. It's no wonder we all have PTSD.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

They all knew we were right. That’s the saddest part. And new ways to have it compounded seem to still be occurring when you thought the debacle that was the curtain on his career, would just go away. It’s like when you send one happy brass on her way at 4 o’clock in the morning, only to have another one knock on your door 10 minutes later and say “this one’s for free!’ Oh go on then! 😇

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Özil’s fall from grace is one for the history books. I’ve never seen anything like it. Once upon a time he was synonymous with the term “best attacking midfielder”; the rightful heir to Zidane and many other compliments. Now he’s a bit of a joke. Winning the World Cup was probably the worst thing for his career. He lost his hunger and now he’s become a pain in the arse for clubs.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Özil’s fall from grace is one for the history books. I’ve never seen anything like it. Once upon a time he was synonymous with the term “best attacking midfielder”; the rightful heir to Zidane and many other compliments. Now he’s a bit of a joke. Winning the World Cup was probably the worst thing for his career. He lost his hunger and now he’s become a pain in the arse for clubs.
its a shame... bit like Cesc looking washed since 18/19 + drifting into football purgatory

how neither made it to Serie A is mad to me

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That and Fortnite.... :facepalm:

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom