• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A-M logic: Stating facts = slander...

The Palace game cannot come soon enough! I am so jacked! Think we will win by 3 goals at least! Plus I cannot stop trolling A-M! :facepalm:
Nah, slander was the wrong choice of word. I agree with you that Özil is problematic, but i still like the guy. Looking at his track record, you see that Özil isn’t a great person to work with since leaving Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah, slander was the wrong choice of word. I agree with you that Özil is problematic, but i still like the guy. Looking at his track record, you see that Özil isn’t a great person to work with since leaving Arsenal.
It’s been reported that Wenger even found it hard work for a couple years before he went. Then all the other managers had problems with him. And then that continued at Fener. So it clearly started at Arsenal. Some might even say Madrid, which is how he ended up running to the soft arms of papa Wenger, who then let him do as he wished. Good for us, as it eeked some great stuff out of him initially, but it tailed off. Wenger practically predicted it too.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why is an Özil thread even still open? Had a couple of good seasons. Earned a hell of a lot but didn't give enough.

Has went on to fall out with other clubs and managers.

Will never be considered an Arsenal great.

RunTheTrap

It’s been reported that Wenger even found it hard work for a couple years before he went. Then all the other managers had problems with him. And then that continued at Fener. So it clearly started at Arsenal. Some might even say Madrid, which is how he ended up running to the soft arms of papa Wenger, who then let him do as he wished. Good for us, as it eeked some great stuff out of him initially, but it tailed off. Wenger practically predicted it too.
I remember there were rumours coming from Perez himself saying Özil was a party animal and a difficult person. Of course me being a massive Özil fanboy, I thought Perez was being slanderous to calm down the angry Madrid fans who lost their star playmaker. However, there might be some truth to those statements.

RunTheTrap

Why is an Özil thread even still open? Had a couple of good seasons. Earned a hell of a lot but didn't give enough.

Has went on to fall out with other clubs and managers.

Will never be considered an Arsenal great.
Cos Özil coming to Arsenal was a big deal. It may not have worked as well as we wanted but we can’t deny the significance of the signing. He was a legitimate superstar coming to a club that made its name for penny-pinching its way to Champions League year after year.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Cos Özil coming to Arsenal was a big deal. It may not have worked as well as we wanted but we can’t deny the significance of the signing. He was a legitimate superstar coming to a club that made its name for penny-pinching its way to Champions League year after year.
What part of what I said do you disagree with?

The part why the thread is still open? Is Bergkamps thread still open?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Still the biggest coup this club has seen. Don’t think there’s a fan on the planet that would’ve predicted Özil at more or less his peak would ever play for Arsenal. As time goes by though, it begins to make more sense.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still the biggest coup this club has seen. Don’t think there’s a fan on the planet that would’ve predicted Özil at more or less his peak would ever play for Arsenal. As time goes by though, it begins to make more sense.

I think the Alexis signing was bigger in a way.

Liverpool had just finished way above us and he was good at Barca. Still chose us.

Shame that because of injuries, finances and dodgy buys that we totally failed to put a squad round them.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The Özil thread coming alive! Just like the good old days! Love it!

Happy Days Smile GIF by Social Nation

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Liverpool had just finished way above us and he was good at Barca. Still chose us.

Shame that because of injuries, finances and dodgy buys that we totally failed to put a squad round them.
I kind of forgot that signing was quite a big shock too tbh. Maybe we should have known Wengz had a next madness up his sleeve when was being photographed lying on a beach volleyball court looking smug 😏 Alexis was more doable though in their respective situations and profiles

GDeep™

League is very weak

Nah, no chance. Özil just had a phenomenal profile in contrast to Sanchez.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Özil was genuinely seen as the best #10 in the world when you signed him - the entire thread on here was full of people in disbelief that you we're even after him, thinking there was surely no way. Then the proper sources starting reporting it and A-M went into a frenzy.

It is by far the biggest signing you've made IMO. It's the only established world class player you've signed in as far as I can remember.

Edit: It won't matter to everyone, but he was and is also a much bigger name. He has millions of die hard fans and an insane social media presence. There's no contest between him and Sanchez in that regard.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Edit: It won't matter to everyone, but he was and is also a much bigger name. He has millions of die hard fans and an insane social media presence. There's no contest between him and Sanchez in that regard.
Özil's social media presence was and is heads and shoulders above most players. Just look at the following he had/has here on A-M! Wanting him out was not popular and regardless if the truth was staring everyone in the face. All the while the better player left without many shedding a tear. I am just happy the truth is out so clearly now, that no one can defend him with a straight face. Kind of like with Trump and the Republicans. :drool:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil's social media presence was and is heads and shoulders above most players. Just look at the following he had/has here on A-M! Wanting him out was not popular and regardless if the truth was staring everyone in the face. All the while the better player left without many shedding a tear. I am just happy the truth is out so clearly now, that no one can defend him with a straight face. Kind of like with Trump and the Republicans. :drool:
Why you and @Jury doing the whole “glad the truth is out” bs :lol:, it’s like by keep repeating this you are trying to convince yourself you won some battle.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why you and @Jury doing the whole “glad the truth is out” bs :lol:, it’s like by keep repeating this you are trying to convince yourself you won some battle.
:lol: Just having a laugh! Don't take it all too serious Deepster! This is after all an online football forum where we post quite a bit of banter, don't we? As Mr. Bennet accurately said. "What do we live for other than to be sport for our neighbours."

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom