• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t think he’s extending tbh. He’s good enough for any club.
If we are talking about getting the most for him, it couldn’t have worked out any better. That loan, and then if he carries on this form in the PL… Whether you think it was luck or design, we maxed it out. Personally I think the club will throw the bank at him and we’ll have him for at least two seasons as a worst case scenario. Virtually impossible to not see him at Real Madrid one day though. And that sucks balls

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Throw money at him. And resect. He will renew.
Early days but if he has a great season and Bayern/Madrid/Barca etc start offering him good wages and playing time then it gets tricky for us.

A lot of the top sides don’t actually have great CBs.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You worry that if he has too good of a season it means you have a player that the biggest clubs in the world want who has to be sold next summer if he doesn’t renew.

That is a horrible position to be in.
Laporta is probably rubbing one out now after that match with him having less than 24 months left on his contract.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As promising as Saliba was tonight, let’s not start sucking each other’s d!cks quite yet. May I remind you all how decent Mustafi looked early on.

Mustafi never looked good, the team around him looked good...until Santi went down and teams started pressing our midfield more, and got at our defence quicker.

Soon as he started to do any defending here, he was always awful.

No way you can compare him to Saliba, who was just an absolute rock tonight.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is he the reason why Pep gave us Jesus and Zinchenko so that Arteta will reciprocate the gesture by giving him Saliba?
ziekenhuisbal-erik.gif

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
When Mustafi was signed, people who knew him were confused about why he was bought.

When Saliba was signed, people were confused as to why he didn't play.

Early days, but it's just different.

All I’m saying is let’s reserve judgment until we get a bigger sample size. A lot can change in football very quickly. The signs were good tonight, he was impressive against difficult opposition. But there will be other tests and this league can be very unforgiving. Saliba now has to show he can be consistent.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All I’m saying is let’s reserve judgment until we get a bigger sample size. A lot can change in football very quickly. The signs were good tonight, he was impressive against difficult opposition. But there will be other tests and this league can be very unforgiving. Saliba now has to show he can be consistent.
What you said is fair, was more saying Mustafi never had the hype.

He never had the 3 year wait or personal accolades, it's very different.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't wanna get ahead of myself but he remind me of someone that playing for liverpool. Just same ability calm won't get bullied decent pace.

Van dijk was playing for fc Groningen when was at Saliba age. Playing cb in top level is almost the hardest position for young guy not many guys be starters at top 6 clubs by age of 19-20.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom