• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What I like about Vieira is that he doesn't take forever to make a pass. He has a solution as soon as he gets the ball and he reminds me of Cesc with his direct way of playing and great vision for that final ball or pre-assist.

He's also everywhere and will definitely impact our attack quite a bit once he gets settled. I do feel like he needs to toughen up a bit, but that will come over time.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's also everywhere and will definitely impact our attack quite a bit once he gets settled. I do feel like he needs to toughen up a bit, but that will come over time.
They did some nice work with Patino in a short period of time. I don't mind him adding a few pounds of muscles and that's it, it's more important for his style that his body stays flexible

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
They did some nice work with Patino in a short period of time. I don't mind him adding a few pounds of muscles and that's it, it's more important for his style that his body stays flexible
Yeah, nothing crazy like Goretzka, for example. Just a little upper body strength for him to do better in duels when opponents are trying to bully him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Lol what? He was ok yesterday, nothing special. I hope I am wrong, my main issue was never with him, it’s that I thought the funds could have been better used Ona more versatile midfielder. I still stand by that.
You basically said you thought he sucked tho. If he turns out to be good you’ll have to eat some crow.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You basically said you thought he sucked tho. If he turns out to be good you’ll have to eat some crow.
Not sure I said that, I said I saw some Vieira vs comps on youtube and he looked more Bruno than Bernardo to me. We saw that yesterday, a fair few sloppy passes.

My main point has always been the few and the fact, he’s not either a ready made 1st team player, or a player who can cover across midfield.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Not sure I said that, I said I saw some Vieira vs comps on youtube and he looked more Bruno than Bernardo to me. We saw that yesterday, a fair few sloppy passes.

My main point has always been the few and the fact, he’s not either a ready made 1st team player, or a player who can cover across midfield.
You didn't directly but that was what I gathered from what you said. Did you think there was a high chance of him flopping and has your opinion changed?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You didn't directly but that was what I gathered from what you said. Did you think there was a high chance of him flopping and has your opinion changed?
I didn’t think he’d flop, nor did I think he’d make an impact on this team this season. Seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think if they wanted to spend £30m on a CM they would have, I doubt money was an issue. Probably something else, like incompetence.
Yeah that's quite obvious i think. They did make a 25 million bid on deadline day. How is it clear that we didn't have money to buy a midfielder because we spent on Vieira? Seems to be an assumption without much basis to me.. Does anybody even know how much of actual money we spent this year in Vieira?

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We can’t rely on Partey to stay fit. We should have signed a midfielder who can play in all three positions.
Even though I like Vieira's skillset, landing his team mate Vitinha would have been more suitable for us at the present time. I know we have no chance vs PSG, but that kind of CM would have added more this season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Anyway regardless of the transfer planning we made, Vieira is a player who has some really good traits. He seems to be press resistant, positionally aware and a good striker of the ball.

Its early days, but if he can grow into those things, he could become a really good player. While Ødegaard controls the tempo and supplements our attack, Vieira would be someone who adds a spark.

Looks like he has the potential to pick up dangerous positions in the box but also start attacks with his touches under pressure.

Symbia

Granted, he is not as bad as many of us in here made him look but having this young man come up against the likes of Rodri, Fabinho etc gives me a legit reason to worry.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Basically I was looking for a squad player. Being able to play 3 positions is hardly a compliment. Just a versatile player you can move around

Well it applies to Bernardo Silva as well, so I guess it depends on whether your opinion on versatile players is worth anything.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom