• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Melquiades

What is worse it is a PR stunt for Arteta really. Get the kid a couple minutes and burnish your reputation as a developer of young players. It was a pretty silly move to be honest. And if we honestly needed a 15 year old in central midfield 2 months into season maybe they should of bought one in transfer window.

You can't honestly believe this is what's happening.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
So you still don't want to either walk back or admit you repeatedly lie about gross expenditure. Not surprised.
I think you got some bad Molly brah. I addressed how our wage number is just a favorably timed snapshot numerous times. It isn’t my fault that too much bass and Molly has fried your reading comprehension skills and logical reasoning. Wait till we resign Saka, Saliba and a bunch of babies itching for their first big re up. Revisit the wage bill in 12 months, I guarantee we will be 5th. We are 6th just a touch behind Sp**s who has a veteran team and who earn Cl money and incentives. Being a touch behind 5th with no Cl and youngest team is not a low wage bill.

Ok you got me Arteta only spent 360 million or so not 400 million. Oh that is my terrible lie. Ps Arteta didn’t get appointed CHief Bean counter i could really care less about him saving or spending a little more or less of Stan’s money. I care why after all that money we still are one butter legged Partey injury from F all at DM.

And in terms of transfers we are 2nd under Arteta. Wow he has really over performed a statistical dead heat for 5th ok 6th in wages, 2nd in transfers and he has finished 8th and 5th. As soon as one year has passed after the Queen they should announce a jubilee in honor of Arteta and the feat he accomplished

Farzad Stoned

Absolutely I do. The world is an F ed up place. It was a PR stunt and burnishes Tets reputation are you telling me he had to get this kid 1 touch 90 minutes into the match? The guy is a weasly political and media creature. He has a big reputation in general but other than that one cup run and he has totally underachieved and is undeserving of said reputation. This year looks different I hope he succeeds but I got zero faith or illusions about the man. I think if we win it will be as much despite of him as because of him.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think you got some bad Molly brah. I addressed how our wage number is just a favorably timed snapshot numerous times. It isn’t my fault that too much bass and Molly has fried your reading comprehension skills and logical reasoning. Wait till we resign Saka, Saliba and a bunch of babies itching for their first big re up. Revisit the wage bill in 12 months, I guarantee we will be 5th. We are 6th just a touch behind Sp**s who has a veteran team and who earn Cl money and incentives. Being a touch behind 5th with no Cl and youngest team is not a low wage bill.

Ok you got me Arteta only spent 360 million or so not 400 million. Oh that is my terrible lie. Ps Arteta didn’t get appointed CHief Bean counter i could really care less about him saving or spending a little more or less of Stan’s money. I care why after all that money we still are one butter legged Partey injury from F all at DM.

And in terms of transfers we are 2nd under Arteta. Wow he has really over performed a statistical dead heat for 5th ok 6th in wages, 2nd in transfers and he has finished 8th and 5th. As soon as one year has passed after the Queen they should announce a jubilee in honor of Arteta and the feat he accomplished
You keep saying we are a touch behind Sp**s in terms of wages. So you also know how much behind we are from Man Utd/Chelsea/City right? Also, then you also know how much behind we are when compared with where we were 3-4 years back.
Also it is 280m and not 360m. If you want to look at gross spend, then Sp**s have a gross spend of 338m and we have a gross spend of 346m. So the difference is only 8m. I don`t see how an extra 8m can be considered as huge backing when compared with a team which has already been finishing above us for the the past few seasons. If you want to go around saying that we spent 400m then go ahead doing that. But be clear on the fact that we are also competing with clubs who were already ahead of us and are also spending 400m.

Melquiades

Absolutely I do. The world is an F ed up place. It was a PR stunt and burnishes Tets reputation are you telling me he had to get this kid 1 touch 90 minutes into the match? The guy is a weasly political and media creature. He has a big reputation in general but other than that one cup run and he has totally underachieved and is undeserving of said reputation. This year looks different I hope he succeeds but I got zero faith or illusions about the man. I think if we win it will be as much despite of him as because of him.

Dude, get a grip. You're absolutely blind and spewing nonsense.

It might have been political in that this is a player that apparently Liverpool and others are chasing so they're trying to show him he's a priority so he signs here long term. The team obviously wouldn't want the Yunus Musah situation to repeat itself.

Or he might actually be that good, and like Harvey Elliott this is on merit.

But the notion that Arteta was doing this as a PR stunt is nonsense. We've seen the guy manage here for 3 years now and he's been incredibly conservative in his team selections and basically never gone for rash headline moves.

Melquiades

You keep saying we are a touch behind Sp**s in terms of wages. So you also know how much behind we are from Man Utd/Chelsea/City right? Also, then you also know how much behind we are when compared with where we were 3-4 years back.
Also it is 280m and not 360m. If you want to look at gross spend, then Sp**s have a gross spend of 338m and we have a gross spend of 346m. So the difference is only 8m. I don`t see how an extra 8m can be considered as huge backing when compared with a team which has already been finishing above us for the the past few seasons. If you want to go around saying that we spent 400m then go ahead doing that. But be clear on the fact that we are also competing with clubs who were already ahead of us and are also spending 400m.

No kidding.

The fact that Nottingham Forest outspent Manchester City this summer doesn't mean that Forest is somehow favoured to finish ahead of City.

Our roster circa 2019 stunk relative to the rest of the big 6. The fact that we had to pay to replace starters the likes of Bellerin/Mustafi/Sokratis/Kolasinac who stunk and Özil/Ramsey/Monreal who aged out of the roster doesn't mean we should somehow be competing with Chelsea and Liverpool because they've spent a similar amount over the last few years. What they started with was absolutely *miles* better than what we were working with.

Farzad Stoned

We ain’t competing with City or Liverpool they trounce us almost every time we play. If that is competing than the baby seals who get clubbed to death by hunters are competing also. Arteta is the fish of the big 6 so he isn’t overachieving so you miss the point.

theHotHead

I’m really starting to see why he was considered such a prodigy of a coach. Compare him to other ex players and managers of a similar age and he’s clear.

I’m happy to eat the humble pie served, especially after getting rid of all of those clown players like Laca and Auba. You can see how much they were hindering our style of play.

He actually has good taste in players not letting awful crap get lots of minutes like Arsène use to.
What makes him a prodigy of a coach ???? Thats a laughable comment. He has been here for 3 seasons in total and only now are we seeing fruits of his labour. Law of averages, look how much he has spent, look how many players he has had to change. There are 3 better managers in London ALONE than him and none of them had to spend vast amounts of money or change an entire team to get good results (Vieira, Potter at Brighton, Conte).

If you spend enough time throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded you will inevitably hit the dartboard ! Prodigy of a coach - do me a lemon ! He decimated an offensive line that was operating adequately, we couldn't buy a goal for a period, we played the worst football I can remember from ANY Arsenal team. He couldn't coach Guendouzi so shipped him out and he became a National Team player away from Arteta, likewise he didn't think Saliba was good enough so he shipped him out - he immediately began getting player of the month accolades and also a National Team call up !

Laca and Auba couldn't score playing Arteta's "rigid-ball", they flew the nest and haven't stopped scoring goals. So you won't be surprised to see I don't rate Arteta at all, he has to do a lot more than beat the league's whipping boys to prove to me he is a good coach/manager.

theHotHead

Good form against top teams mean nothing over a season, just ask Liverpool. They couldnt beat a single top four team last season, yet finished a point off the title and with plus 90 points.

Good form against top teams, is a nonsense talking point by rival fans who want to reduce Arsenal's form to luck or not deserving of top spot in the league. Its a talking point, made by insecure rivals who do not want to admit that Arsenal are playing some of the best football in Europe right now.

Results against top teams mean nothing, outside of a final or final type situation (eg. needed 3 points to secure a title). You can play a team, completely dominate them for 99% of the match and drop points. Or you can control a game for 90% of the time, and lose 3-1. Or you can completely dominate Europe's best teams for large periods (us against City and Liverpool last season) and still lose. This happens because there are fine margins at this level, where any mistake made or lapse in concentration can be punished.

So forget "results against top teams" narrative. Let me tell you what will happen once we start to beat the top six teams. There will be ANOTHER excuse made for Arsenal being fake. In fact that has happened already, after the Chelsea, United and Sp**s wins last season. They were all called fake results against teams "not prepared" for the game.

If you really want to analyse our games against the top six, look at the overall performances put together. That gives you a better picture of where this team is. And no, this is not some advanced excuse for Arteta.
I see where you are going with your point but its fundamentally flawed. We MUST worry about results against the big teams because ultimately, its in those games that the biggest trophies are won. Top 4 should not be the goal for Arsenal, being contenders for all the major trophies like we once were should be the goal. Its doubtful we will get to any major European Trophy final and not face a big team (improved chance in the EL admittedly), its doubtful that we will usurp Liverpool and Man City by just beating the teams outside the top 6.

Beating the top teams is of paramount importance to put Arsenal back on top.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I see where you are going with your point but its fundamentally flawed. We MUST worry about results against the big teams because ultimately, its in those games that the biggest trophies are won. Top 4 should not be the goal for Arsenal, being contenders for all the major trophies like we once were should be the goal. Its doubtful we will get to any major European Trophy final and not face a big team (improved chance in the EL admittedly), its doubtful that we will usurp Liverpool and Man City by just beating the teams outside the top 6.

Beating the top teams is of paramount importance to put Arsenal back on top.

This is where I disagree tbh.

It's important that Arsenal start to beat the top, top sides as a marker, overcoming a psychological hurdle and announcing we're back in the big time.

In reality though you don't need to pick up huge amounts of points against the top 4 / 6 to do very well in the league or even win it as long as you dispatch the rest regularly.

Consistently putting away the other 14-16 or so teams is the bread and butter. A lot of our failings in recent years haven't come down to getting done by Liverpool or Man City it's been due to dropping silly, very avoidable points against sides we should have beaten.

To win the CL or whatever, yeah sure you need to be able to beat the elite sides but we're way off that standard yet. We haven't even proved that we are even good enough to be in the CL yet so I'll give it a couple of years before I worry about us beating Real Madrid or Bayern.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
What makes him a prodigy of a coach ???? Thats a laughable comment. He has been here for 3 seasons in total and only now are we seeing fruits of his labour. Law of averages, look how much he has spent, look how many players he has had to change. There are 3 better managers in London ALONE than him and none of them had to spend vast amounts of money or change an entire team to get good results (Vieira, Potter at Brighton, Conte).

If you spend enough time throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded you will inevitably hit the dartboard ! Prodigy of a coach - do me a lemon ! He decimated an offensive line that was operating adequately, we couldn't buy a goal for a period, we played the worst football I can remember from ANY Arsenal team. He couldn't coach Guendouzi so shipped him out and he became a National Team player away from Arteta, likewise he didn't think Saliba was good enough so he shipped him out - he immediately began getting player of the month accolades and also a National Team call up !

Laca and Auba couldn't score playing Arteta's "rigid-ball", they flew the nest and haven't stopped scoring goals. So you won't be surprised to see I don't rate Arteta at all, he has to do a lot more than beat the league's whipping boys to prove to me he is a good coach/manager.
Literally the most apt username on this forum

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Thought about one thing after the Xhaka quotes here, and how important Arteta was to keep him. At that point it was similar as with Auba, but in this case had nothing to do with Arteta for the player losing almost all his worth at Arsenal and in transfer fees.

Replacing Xhaka would have been very difficult with 10-15 million pounds to use. You get Sambi level talent for that money, unless there is a super deal for some player who has a short contract. But as we have seen, those players like Gravenberch and many others very often choose top clubs who win things currently and have UCL.

With how short our midfield is even now because of FFP considerations, it would have been a catastrophe, and some people wanted him to go for free even.

So what I thought is how Arteta has cost Arsenal some money with his hard approach to club culture and getting rid of players who are problematic or are not fine to be on the bench and wait for a chance. Guendouzi, Auba etc. That's some millions that someone might have been able to save. We also see the benefit of this approach now. The team is a very cohesive unit.

But Arteta has also saved us a lot of money. He is also trusting youngsters in Wenger's legacy. He got Balogun and Nketiah extended in part because he let Auba go. That can potentially be worth like tens of million more than Auba would have got us.

He also saved a lot of money by getting Xhaka to stay, and extending him through his prime. This guy is priceless now no matter if he keeps these kind of performances up, because he is now true Arsenal man who has leadership qualities, winner mentality and experience that the team lacks.

He also attracted us Jesus, who after Haaland was best attacker transfer of the window. Huge bargain, and he only wanted Arsenal because of Arteta and how we had a clear starting striker position available. This is also related to Auba. Zinchenko also wanted only Arsenal, because he is good friends with Jesus and Arteta has also coached him. Of course Zinchenko is also a youth Arsenal fan.

Now imagine if he gets Saka to extend, Saliba to extend, Martinelli to extend. Nwaneri to make a contract. And so on. The money from all these things is way way more than what he has lost us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Look at this bumm :lol:
Guy could drop Arteta from that and talk about himself. It's all about him.

"Look at me, I'm an idiot."

I bet having the youngest squad is only for bragging rights too. Not anything related to a project and squad building for the future. It's very simple for simple-minded people, why tire those couple brain cells.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The man is a phenomenal young coach.

When he first came in, my biggest gripe was that he promised us the brand of football we’re currently seeing and we played nothing like it. Now I realise our team was very average and he was just doing what worked at the time.

Now he has his players, we look irresistible against our opposition. I’m genuinely looking forward to watching us play every week. Long may it continue! #UncleMikel

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

Why not, it definitely looked like a vanity sub to have the youngest player record more than anything else.

Or Arteta fell for his seductive eyes, who knows. Apparently he played 1 PL2 game, surely there were others ahead of him

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom