• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He probably deserves 200K, but that would also make him one of the highest earners. Could mess up the entire wage structure.
It shouldn't. He's quite clearly one of the best in the world at his position. Nobody else at the club can say that about themselves with any degree of honesty. Saliba is closer to the likes of Van Dijk than say Jesus is to Mbappe/Haaland/Lewa etc.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

From not good enough to play a part to maybe the best CB in the league in one year…Anyway!

His composure is beyond his years, his dribbling in tight spaces (can’t believe I’m even talking about this with a 6’4 CB) is something I haven’t seen in a CB and he’s got years and years to work on his distribution and get it to elite levels. If he does that he’s basically the best CB in the world which sounds crazy, I know.

He’s making the premier league team of the season as things stand and he might force his way into the France team. I hope he forgives us.

VArmy

Will a lot not depend on his relationship with Arteta? If he still holds any kind of grudge it will be a big factor. If Arteta says “great game Will” then the guy may be thinking “told you I didn’t deserve thos loans you little git”?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If we’re going to be a serious title contending team then we need to break our wage structure for certain players. A young loyal best in the world type of player is exactly who we should be paying.

Don't even care if he's loyal, I rather have him for another two years and get a mountain of cash afterwards than not have him at all.

Just need to make sure we add talent along with him while he is here. Same with Jesus and Saka.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
In my mind he's already gone. We missed our chance last year, should've given him an extension before sending him off on loan. The positive side is that he's so good, that we'll probably get the big bucks even if he's got only 1 year remaining on his deal.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Will a lot not depend on his relationship with Arteta? If he still holds any kind of grudge it will be a big factor. If Arteta says “great game Will” then the guy may be thinking “told you I didn’t deserve thos loans you little git”?

He's well within his right to think like that, but I don't think that's the case right now.

He'll hear who's after him and make a decision past the world cup is most likely, but I think we're probably the best team for him right now and in the next 12-24 months.

VArmy

He's well within his right to think like that, but I don't think that's the case right now.

He'll hear who's after him and make a decision past the world cup is most likely, but I think we're probably the best team for him right now and in the next 12-24 months.
Think his teammates will ne more of a deciding factor than Arteta?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Would you bring back Raul if he delivered another Saliba at the expense of another shady deal?

my-wife-and-kids-no.gif

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
From not good enough to play a part to maybe the best CB in the league in one year…Anyway!

His composure is beyond his years, his dribbling in tight spaces (can’t believe I’m even talking about this with a 6’4 CB) is something I haven’t seen in a CB and he’s got years and years to work on his distribution and get it to elite levels. If he does that he’s basically the best CB in the world which sounds crazy, I know.

He’s making the premier league team of the season as things stand and he might force his way into the France team. I hope he forgives us.
Haha but seriously there are still people who believe he went from not being ready for minutes to best CB in the league because of the time in Marseille. Mostly from people who didn't watch him in Ligue 1. Incredible really.

I called it from his first match with us, I haven't seen an Arsenal defender that good from the get go. His entire game is incredible, I can't find any obvious weakness that needs fixing at all. And he is 21.

Malky

Established Member

Think PSG will be the front runners for his signature, considering their wealth their defense is poor - 36 year old Ramos, Kimpembe and Marquinhos.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In my mind he's already gone. We missed our chance last year, should've given him an extension before sending him off on loan. The positive side is that he's so good, that we'll probably get the big bucks even if he's got only 1 year remaining on his deal.
I genuinely don’t know how we keep him if Madrid, PSG and co offer him a starting spot with bigger wages than we can offer. Playing time is probably the biggest thing we can offer him but that becomes less of a big deal after the World Cup.

Part of me feels like he’s forgiven but hasn’t forgotten what happened to him last season (even if all of that hadn’t happened I don’t think it would make much of a diff tbh) so we can’t even use the loyalty argument to convince ourselves he’ll stay

I try not to think about it because logically there aren’t really any reasons for him to stay if bigger sides come in for him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Weird thing is that even when he was 19 and clearly too good for U23, just making everyone look like children at that level there were these weird Arteta acolytes that would try to nitpick every little mistake he made to show that he was not ready lol.

Even though we had David Luiz in the first team getting red cards every other day. Mustafi starting for Arsenal for years smh.

Football is not that complicated, just play your most talented players who have a good level of football IQ and the team will be successful.

I guarantee we finish top 4 last season if he started, rather than waste 50 mil on Ben White, that money should have been invested in a talented midfielder. No shade at White, but he was a luxury signing.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Haha but seriously there are still people who believe he went from not being ready for minutes to best CB in the league because of the time in Marseille. Mostly from people who didn't watch him in Ligue 1. Incredible really.

I called it from his first match with us, I haven't seen an Arsenal defender that good from the get go. His entire game is incredible, I can't find any obvious weakness that needs fixing at all. And he is 21.

I didn't watch as much of him at Nice as I did with Marseille, but he was already good there. Put it this way, he would've been better than Mustafi and Holding which is why I was so frustrated that he didn't get game time during the 20/21 season when he was with us (even run outs in the League Cup would've been ok).

That said, my biggest worry was that he wouldn't get a truly fair chance after returning from Marseille. That's been quelled by the way Arteta has been using him and so long as he signs then I really can't complain.

On the topic, whilst he was already good at Marseille (he was already good on the ball from the offset), he's definitely stepped up after re-joining us tbh. He was excellent at Marseille but he looks absolutely world class now. Long may it continue.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom