• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Apologies. But I mean that sarcasm was DEEEEP…
You weren't too know. Just had a debate with a few on here regarding Eddie, his minutes and expectations. It seemed I was the only one who was off the opinion he's getting more than his fair share of minutes for the club to do something abit more productive.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Lol. I was being sarcastic due to a debate i had here last week regarding Eddie, his minutes and expectations.

Its a shame you weren't around last week when I was saying what you guys are and was being insulted because I didn't conform to the "Eddie needs more game time".

Feel free to go back through and have a read on what was said. I seemed to be the only one of the opinion, if you aren't doing it in the EL, and the last 20 mins in matches in the PL you don't deserve more time.
Ok, you need to work on your sarcasm dude 😂😉

Uncle Good-Advice

The thing is it's difficult to find an area where he excels and can build from at the top level. Not finishing, not positioning, first touch is heavy, not very pacey, not enough flair, dribbling ability or eye for a pass, not doing enough as a supersub. As a third striker he's alright but we need an upgrade upfront. Probably needs a loan where he could play week-in week-out and develop.

Legend14

Established Member
Played well.
Most opinions are binary it seems.
Scores, ok. Doesn’t score, ****.
Too simplistic IMO. Contributes well in every game he plays.
Don’t think its that simple. Expected him to hold the ball up more and not miss simple traps. Expected him to take the defenders on and to be a threat ( See Jesus).

Don't think he is playing nearly as well as he did at the start of this season. He no longer changes the game. He created our expectations with his play at the end of season last season. He ought to live up to the expectations and not revert to the player who we thought was mediocre. He has not given us any confidence that he can be an effective backup to Jesus, with any area of his recent form.

I think he is a better overall player then he has shown, and has been given enough playing time to be successful.

Oh, and he hasn’t taken many chances so he hasn’t scored many goals. We can’t have both our CFs in a scoring slump. Now was the time for him to show up. He puts more pressure on Jesus, when he should be relieving it.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought he was impressive in the first half playing on the left wing. However, when he moved to CF (his natural position), I thought he was loose with his touches and struggled to hold onto the ball. He really needs to force himself into the starting lineup because there’s a good potentially great player if he works hard.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That post wasn't in Jest though you were being serious, and of course standars rise when your salary does wtf, what do you actually expect from him? He's not a kid anymore.

Every player needs to be on job and bring it, I don't get what your point is. We should have lower standards for black players? You don't seem to do this when they actually perform like Partey and Saka, just the sh*t ones like Sambi, Eddie, Pepe etc.

A lot of your posts come across like you're frustrated with Arsenal and dislike the club, I thought you'd be happy being top of the league but it seems like you wish we weren't
Tbf what he's saying doesn't apply exclusively to Arsenal players, it's English football in general...but slyly Arsenal more than average.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Sick of seeing him wide, he has no sense of tempo or ball conservation. Maybe the aim is to make him better at that, but I badly want to see him centrally more
Bit weird that Jesus doesn't move to the wing when Eddie is also on the pitch. Jesus is just as good anywhere across the front three while that's far from the case with Eddie...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I thought he was impressive in the first half playing on the left wing. However, when he moved to CF (his natural position), I thought he was loose with his touches and struggled to hold onto the ball. He really needs to force himself into the starting lineup because there’s a good potentially great player if he works hard.
He is being messed about. He is a striker. Play him there or don’t.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nah not having that. Playing in the PL is not a fkn birthright. You absolutely have to “earn it”. If Jesus is fit, he plays, not Eddie, because we have a higher probability of winning the game if he plays. We’re not a finishing school for possibly gifted children.

I think there’s a player there, we saw it last year. But even peak Eddie is no way near Jesus so he doesn’t start over him. I would like to see him get longer appearances as a sub if/when we finally manage to bury games early again. But he doesn’t start unless Jesus is injured.
WOOOOOOSH

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Eddie wasn't even that good last season, pressed a few defenders and GKs into mistakes to score a few goals (this is why you can't just go off numbers sometimes) and yeah he's off form now but he's not really miles off the Eddie that earned a new contract. If things go well for him he'll prove himself a capable back-up to Jesus but I think that was always a best case scenario even at his best.

Call me old fashioned but giving him the no14 was a bit pathetic from us...and I actually like the guy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eddie wasn't even that good last season, pressed a few defenders and GKs into mistakes to score a few goals (this is why you can't just go off numbers sometimes) and yeah he's off form now but he's not really miles off the Eddie that earned a new contract. If things go well for him he'll prove himself a capable back-up to Jesus but I think that was always a best case scenario even at his best.

Call me old fashioned but giving him the no14 was a bit pathetic from us...and I actually like the guy.
Jesus has not scored in 7 games. You know nketiah is trash when no one says maybe we should try him. It doesn’t matter if Jesus don’t score in 27 games. No one will want him ahead of Jesus in that scenario. So there is zero competition because the gap in quality is too big.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Jesus has not scored in 7 games. You know nketiah is trash when no one says maybe we should try him. It doesn’t matter if Jesus don’t score in 27 games. No one will want him ahead of Jesus in that scenario. So there is zero competition because the gap in quality is too big.
We're in a weird position now. We've got numbers but not quality.

We need a 4th player on the level of Saka and co but we have guys like ESR and Eddie who have big roles in the squad and lots of time on their contract. What happens if Balogun continues to impress in France? We've almost put ourselves in a position where we would have to sell him because Eddie has FIVE years left.

D

Deleted member 102404

No.

He doesn't score. That's the issue.

Jesus at least assists & contributes to overall play when hes not scoring.
Eddie very much contributes to play when he is in the lineup.

He was a menace to their defence last night. Pulled them all over the place and opened spaces, chased things down and stopped them playing out. Played well. He usually does.

Football is a team game and is measured in more than individual goals and assists.

Right now it’s no problem in the slightest that neither Nketiah or Jesus are scoring.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We're in a weird position now. We've got numbers but not quality.

We need a 4th player on the level of Saka and co but we have guys like ESR and Eddie who have big roles in the squad and lots of time on their contract. What happens if Balogun continues to impress in France? We've almost put ourselves in a position where we would have to sell him because Eddie has FIVE years left.
Yeah but numbers is pointless. Every pl team has numbers. It’s always the quality of the numbers. There is a simple rule is squad strength. If the player can’t compete for a spot and you rather play underperforming player every time. That player is pretty much worthless to you. Nketiah was just a cheap easy solution when we couldn’t bother getting another striker. But this is the same player that was behind Laca for 7 months despite the manager watching him train every day

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eddie very much contributes to play when he is in the lineup.

He was a menace to their defence last night. Pulled them all over the place and opened spaces, chased things down and stopped them playing out. Played well. He usually does.

Football is a team game and is measured in more than individual goals and assists.

Right now it’s no problem in the slightest that neither Nketiah or Jesus are scoring.
When you watch nketiah do you see a player in a top 4 team? This is a guy that was a bench player in the championship. A young player in top 4 club has to go and be a star player for a championship team.

D

Deleted member 102404

When you watch nketiah do you see a player in a top 4 team? This is a guy that was a bench player in the championship. A young player in top 4 club has to go and be a star player for a championship team.
No, I see a back up player of a top 4 team.
Still dont understand the thinking that we have to have ‘top 4’ players as back ups. If they are that good they start elsewhere.
It’s simply unrealistic to expect a top class back up striker. (‘Top 4’)

I can tell you now with certainty that our second team is never ever going to be at the level of the first team. No team in the history of football has had that - even the teams whose clubs financially cheat to stack the squad.

Take a look at any other teams back up striker, even City. Alvarez is not a ‘top 4’ striker either.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom