• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, I see a back up player of a top 4 team.
Still dont understand the thinking that we have to have ‘top 4’ players as back ups. If they are that good they start elsewhere.
It’s simply unrealistic to expect a top class back up striker.
Take a look at any other teams back up striker, even City. Alvarez is not a ‘top 4’ striker either.
Is he better than martial, Rashford or Ronaldo? Is he better than Auba, havertz or borja? Look at the options top 6 teams have. He is comfortably the worst.

D

Deleted member 102404

Is he better than martial, Rashford or Ronaldo? Is he better than Auba, havertz or borja? Look at the options top 6 teams have. He is comfortably the worst.
Martial , meh, not much difference. I prefer Eddie.
Rashford is a starter.
Auba is finished and is Chelsea’s first choice anyway.
Broja is certainly not a ‘top 4’ striker
Ronaldo is no longer a ‘top 4’ striker either, though he will always be an exception because in any game he can recover his past.

Moreover, all those teams would kill for our goal scoring record this year.

I say again, what is important is goals , not individual player goals. IMHO, Eddie has been good this season when called upon and gives a big contribution to our attacking team play.

Couldn’t give a **** about his individual goals, although his goal record is also good.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Martial , meh, not much difference. I prefer Eddie.
Rashford is a starter.
Auba is finished and is Chelsea’s first choice anyway.
Broja is certainly not a ‘top 4’ striker
Ronaldo is no longer a ‘top 4’ striker either, though he will always be an exception because in any game he can recover his past.

Moreover, all those teams would kill for our goal scoring record this year.

I say again, what is important is goals , not individual player goals. IMHO, Eddie has been good this season when called upon and gives a big contribution to our attacking team play.

Couldn’t give a **** about his individual goals, although his goal record is also good.
wishful thinking. I don’t think he would start for a single PL team and see him as a mistake that will cost us top 4

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
No, I see a back up player of a top 4 team.
Still dont understand the thinking that we have to have ‘top 4’ players as back ups. If they are that good they start elsewhere.
It’s simply unrealistic to expect a top class back up striker. (‘Top 4’)

I can tell you now with certainty that our second team is never ever going to be at the level of the first team. No team in the history of football has had that - even the teams whose clubs financially cheat to stack the squad.

Take a look at any other teams back up striker, even City. Alvarez is not a ‘top 4’ striker either.
Do backup strikers exist anymore? That's why I think Eddie staying was bad for his career but good for the club. Unless its a youngster or a veteran journey, most teams do no really use a backup. Sp**s have struggled for years to find a backup for Kane and spent silly money on Soldaldo and Janssen. I think the best thing you could do is use one of your versatile forwards and play them up front. Maybe Martinelli could be that guy.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Eddie very much contributes to play when he is in the lineup.

He was a menace to their defence last night. Pulled them all over the place and opened spaces, chased things down and stopped them playing out. Played well. He usually does.

Football is a team game and is measured in more than individual goals and assists.

Right now it’s no problem in the slightest that neither Nketiah or Jesus are scoring.
Ok, but I cant see how both our strikers mutually failing to score is not a problem..

It's a huge problem, because (bar Forest game) we are only just scraping wins & dont really have many goalscorers.

They will score again eventually but these lean spells are not good & our defence is bailing us out by being so profligate.

D

Deleted member 102404

Ok, but I cant see how both our strikers mutually failing to score is not a problem..

It's a huge problem, because (bar Forest game) we are only just scraping wins & dont really have many goalscorers.

They will score again eventually but these lean spells are not good & our defence is bailing us out by being so profligate.
We are the second highest scoring team in the PL and on course to score almost 100 goals this season. Goals are not a problem. Not every game is going to 3, 4 or 5 nil. No one does that.
If we were not scoring goals as a team it would be a problem that our top scorer has 5. But we are.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We are the second highest scoring team in the PL and on course to score almost 100 goals this season. Goals are not a problem. Not every game is going to 3, 4 or 5 nil. No one does that.
If we were not scoring goals as a team it would be a problem that our top scorer has 5. But we are.
Yeah I hear you, but theres only so many times we can scrape 1 nil wins. The recent trend is not encouraging. Hopefully its just a temporary dry period.

Sooner or later we'll need to start being more clinical.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Of the last 7 games we managed more than a goal once and that was home to Nottingham. We have struggled with goals since we beat Liverpool outside of second half against Nottingham. The problem is very obvious. Not enough people in the box and Jesus coming way to deep to get the ball. Biggest problem is Ødegaard is not really influential attacking midfielder and Jesus has to do most of his work. Once he doesn’t play we look lost

GunnerUK

I know the fan base is split so will choose my words carefully “I don’t find him all that good or effective” rather then say his rubbish.

Just can’t see anything about him that makes me think he’ll be an important player with us. I can name some strikers we seriously questioned in the last 10 years Bendtner, Vela, Adebayor, Lacca, Welbeck & Perez and Genuinely think he offers nothing more then these deemed failures at Arsenal. He even ranks below a few of these in terms on impact (opinions are my own)

I’d safely rank him the in Sanogo & Chamakh Category with a little more work rate in chasing the ball like a headless chicken.

Looks so lost out there half the time. And I have serious doubts he’ll be here long term.

The only strikers I rate postThierry Henry is Van Persie and Eduardo

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I know the fan base is split so will choose my words carefully “I don’t find him all that good or effective” rather then say his rubbish.

Just can’t see anything about him that makes me think he’ll be an important player with us. I can name some strikers we seriously questioned in the last 10 years Bendtner, Vela, Adebayor, Lacca, Welbeck & Perez and Genuinely think he offers nothing more then these deemed failures at Arsenal. He even ranks below a few of these in terms on impact (opinions are my own)

I’d safely rank him the in Sanogo & Chamakh Category with a little more work rate in chasing the ball like a headless chicken.

Looks so lost out there half the time. And I have serious doubts he’ll be here long term.

Vela was so much more talented than him, so was bendtner. Those were young talents. Now we have this guy as talent. Shows how much we slipped

GunnerUK

Vela was so much more talented than him, so was bendtner. Those were young talents. Now we have this guy as talent. Shows how much we slipped
Totally agree if prime Bendtner started yesterday his troubling Zurich’s defence and burying them chances.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

You didn't rate Auba? Like at all?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I like Eddie but he got a little overrated off the back of his run last season. He ran around more than Laca and scored a few dicey goals. It wasn't exceptional.

I'm not knocking him as I feel his all round game has come on leaps and bounds but he'd probably have been better leaving in the summer and going somewhere he could play week in week out.

There have been plenty of guys who have been clinical at youth / under whatever football that doesn't translate to senior level for whatever reason.

Hope he finds his scoring boots though as I do like the guy and I think there's definitely stuff to work with.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think it is a wee bit unfair to judge him on the Zurich game. The poor lad was stuck out on the wing.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Needs to be scoring in the premier league , cannot have a back up that does not score in the league. Been here long enough for the excuses to cease.

Is a opportunistic striker . Tries to always catch the keeper out when they have the ball etc. Desperate

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

@RunTheTrap and @Rasmi are really spitting and I’m sure they don’t overrate Eddie.

I think long term the striker position needs to be revisited anyways, it’s lacking a strong focal point with presence in the box and a certi bagsman (if Arteta’s system even allows one outfield player to solely think about goals which is another discussion).

A bagsman still could emerge as both have demonstrated bursts of productivity and are still fairly young compared to the best in the game.

For now this is our lot.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The good news for Eddie is that he probably has the longest leash out of all the players in our squad, probably because he's the kind of striker profile we haven't had on recent times. Auba was the closest thing, but Auba had a lot more on him even if nobody wanted to give him credit for that.

He can actually get by for a while doing the absolute minimum like shooting once on target, maybe for another year or so

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom