• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 West Ham | Monday 26th, December | KO: 20:00 BST | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-West-Ham.jpg

...and we're baaaaaaaaack!!!.

We're more less as we were before the break, save the absence of Gabriel Jesus.

There's been report going around the media that if Moyes loses this, he'll get the boot. Typical Arsenal luck. Now watch the west ham players turn up and run through a brick wall for Moyes.

But I still think they're still a poor side. Their new signings haven't acclimatized and the world cup came at the worst possible time for them.
Screenshot-20221219-134124.png

Screenshot-20221219-134141.png

Screenshot-20221219-134154.png

Screenshot-20221219-134224.png
28fe322f-f655-444a-ba8e-ce42a91b31e0.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 West Ham

Uncle Good-Advice

Few takes.
No Jesus no problem - It was interesting to see how boys will cope psychologically without Jesus. It's been a couple of weeks where all we could hear in the media was doom and gloom how we lost our best attacker and our title hopes are over. But they went and showed business as usual which is great to see. Sure there are more difficult tasks ahead but early signs are good. We're down to bare bones now though and absolutely need reinforcements upfront.

Eddie - I wasn't completely sold on him (even though I respect @SA Gunner views :D) but he showed he belongs. Not a perfect match but I liked the basics - his movement was good, first touch was there and when you score that kind of goal it's going to do wonders to your confidence.

Saliba - I was a bit anxious about him. As a young centerback you need to play games and he spent last month or so watching other players from sidelines. Took Willy some time to get back to his usual self, hopefully his mistake for WHU goal would be the only one in coming days, we need him at his best.

Saka - what a match! First goal - great awareness and fantastic technique and he was also instrumental in two others with his strength and desire to win 50/50s during the build-up. Our most important player right now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Got called away and missed the last 30 mins. But all in all, it looks like business as usual.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It was great to be back after the World Cup. It all went perfectly, Arsène in the stands, Hale End boys doing the business and a really good performance.

I thought we were OK first half, things just didnt quite click. In the second half we were excellent and looked like title contenders. The energy, desire, passing and movement was just way too much for West Ham to cope with.

Bring on Brighton.

bergholt

Before the WC break we were cruising mentally and emotionally. Mentality top notch. My worry was that we'd lose that coming back, so the main positive of this match was that we seem to be right back in the groove on that. As Arteta said, we didn't panic and kept playing our game, persisted and the rewards came. If this group can nail the mentality long-term then the sky's the limit.

rockofcashel

After 15 games last season.. we'd 23 pts

This morning, we've 40.. that is some improvement

However, last year we also won games 16/17/18/19.. so to keep that level, we need big performances..

Next 4 games, are Brighton, Newcastle, Sp**s, United..

Expectation, 7 pts minimum

Hope, 9-10 pts

Awe-struck, 12 pts

4 of the Top 7 in the next 4 games.. this will define our season...

Come on...

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After 15 games last season.. we'd 23 pts

This morning, we've 40.. that is some improvement

However, last year we also won games 16/17/18/19.. so to keep that level, we need big performances..

Next 4 games, are Brighton, Newcastle, Sp**s, United..

Expectation, 7 pts minimum

Hope, 9-10 pts

Awe-struck, 12 pts

4 of the Top 7 in the next 4 games.. this will define our season...

Come on...
Brighton away is probably the toughest of those games. We ought to beat Man United at home. No doubt we'll drop points in these games.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even when West Ham were winning, it still felt like that even they knew we would go on to beat them...great to have that feeling back, it's what supporting a club like Arsenal should feel like.

The 8th place finish and semi final defeat to Emery in 2021, everything felt kinda horrible...we have earned were we are now, we totally deserve it.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Brighton away is probably the toughest of those games. We ought to beat Man United at home. No doubt we'll drop points in these games.
I don't think so mate, Newcastle or United will certainly be the toughest out of the lot. Brighton I'd like to think will be the ones we will be most likely to beat easily enough. United beat us easily enough last time & we'll be without GJ this time too. Newcastle are flying high atm too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom