• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Should try him in front at least for 15-20 minutes.
At the beginning of last season when he was getting no game time, Arteta was hinting that it was because they were working on turning him into a 9. For whatever reason that never materialized. He's not a pure winger, he's a wide forward like a Mane or Salah so putting him closer to the goal and letting him make runs in behind is probably the move to get the best out of him. We don't play over the top or through the last line enough to any of our players frankly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ofc That bastard Edu goes and renews Gabi, the guy with an option for two years, the guy who is probably the least important of the three big renewals and worst of all, the guy who hasn’t performed for long enough to even deserve a new contract.

Again, we had a club option to extend him by TWO years.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

That touches stat is misleading. Players with dribbling styles like Saka and Trossard will always have more touches than a kick and rush player like Martinelli.
Pretty sure a touch is each time you get the ball. They don’t count everytime you touch the ball in one dribble…

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
Ofc That bastard Edu goes and renews Gabi, the guy with an option for two years, the guy who is probably the least important of the three big renewals and worst of all, the guy who hasn’t performed for long enough to even deserve a new contract.

Ofc he will it's the easiest to deal with so he has more free time for his BBQ and gifted his paesano a fat contract.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Ofc he will it's the easiest to deal with so he has more free time for his BBQ and gifted his paesano a fat contract.
LOL exactly my point.

Guy just did it to take the pressure off himself. I’m still trying to understand what we gained from renewing him instead of just using the club option.

I genuinely don’t get it.

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
LOL exactly my point.

Guy just did it to take the pressure off himself. I’m still trying to understand what we gained from renewing him instead of just using the club option.

He's a poser petending to be in it wearing suits and stuff. Tbf in the future I can see him become a politician in Brazil.

I'm not so sure but did you also check Ben White's wages? Don't think it's normal if you ask me. Especially knowing he came in last season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He's failing more because of the system. Trossard, except for the utd cameo, hasn't done much from LW either. Should change the way we're playing. Both zinchenko and xhaka (with the way we currently play) don't offer enough support to the lw. Nowhere close to what our rw gets.
Play Trossard in the Xhaka position to give Maritnelli mnore options and Trossard provides a much larger threat in tight spaces around the box than Xhaka has been :cool:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Really feel this lad is the weak link in the current system. Expecting more from someone who is on the salary he’s on now. Arteta does too. Needs to stop with the head down dribbling and learn.

Think we give him til the summer but if he’s not producing, a quality option on that left side who is at least at Saka’s level instantly transforms the danger we are able to create and we go up a level. Xhaka needs to be phased out for a better option too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Really feel this lad is the weak link in the current system. Expecting more from someone who is on the salary he’s on now. Arteta does too. Needs to stop with the head down dribbling and learn.
That contract is so strange knowing that we were going for Mudryk, feels like there is already a plan in place to find a better option

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

As I said in the transfer forum, Rashford had a few years of a downturn in form before being revitalized under ten Hag after exploding on to the scene in 2016.

Martinelli has all the attributes to develop into a #9 with his pace, strength & finishing to hopefully emulate the current Rashford.

Giving up on him because of a dip in form, which is naturally for a young player, is a disservice to him & us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Extending him for two years doesn't really protect us from losing him to a big club though as they'd be able to blow his wages out the water, now a deal for him is much more tricky and he still has the potential to be top player.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why go through all that trouble for Mudryk then?

Mudryk is a bullet dodged, signing him would be signing Fabio Vieira all over again. Looking at his Chelsea performances it is clear he is comparable to Chamberlain at the same age, exciting but raw and becomes useless in the final third. Had we signed him he would be a long term project and he would have done nothing for us this season. We probably would have to loan him out immediately.

The fact that Edu keeps signing these type of players makes you wonder what the heck is the point, we might as well give chances to our academy players.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
LOL exactly my point.

After winning the league Chelsea gave Conte a new contract with a pay rise without actually extending its length, probably just as a reward/gesture of goodwill.
Edu did something similar here, but it still feels like a significant overpay, especially considering Saka & Saliba haven't signed new deals yet.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Mudryk is a bullet dodged, signing him would be signing Fabio Vieira all over again. Looking at his Chelsea performances it is clear he is comparable to Chamberlain at the same age, exciting but raw and becomes useless in the final third. Had we signed him he would be a long term project and he would have done nothing for us this season. We probably would have to loan him out immediately.

The fact that Edu keeps signing these type of players makes you wonder what the heck is the point, we might as well give chances to our academy players.
We needed another quality CM instead of Vieira.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
We shouldn't give martinelli new contract because we went hard for mudryk? Should we apply the same logic for Saka? We went pretty hard for Raphinha who plays RW.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Saka is a much more polished player than Martinelli.
Yes but we did go hard for Raphinha in the summer. I'm just talking about the logic going for mudryk means martinelli is not rated / shouldn't be given a new contract

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes but we did go hard for Raphinha in the summer. I'm just talking about the logic going for mudryk means martinelli is not rated / shouldn't be given a new contract
Raphina started his career in Brazil as a LW and likely would’ve played there at times for Arsenal. Mudryk as far as I know is exclusively a LW, so if they were willing to go to £95m or thereabouts it’s worth questioning whether they really rated Martinelli that highly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Raphina started his career in Brazil as a LW and likely would’ve played there at times for Arsenal. Mudryk as far as I know is exclusively a LW, so if they were willing to go to £95m or thereabouts it’s worth questioning whether they really rated Martinelli that highly.
They didn’t, they gonna use mudryks first few days in new country to why he was brought in to be backup. But I’m convinced if we signed mudryk he wouldn’t have got 180k deal

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom