• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The curse of the new contract to hit Nelli?

skysports-leandro-trossard_5871825.jpg

We’re closely watching.

Hmmmmm…🤐

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Him, Eddie, xhaka, Vieira all gotta go I just don’t see it.

He isn’t particularly fast can’t pick a pass and his head is always down playing him thought that middle maybe but he doesn’t have a presence either.

We all want him to be good but I don’t think he is going to get any better than what we are seeing.

I pray he proves me wrong but I’m not gonna hold my breath

We gotta learn to be ruthless at this club
Nah nah, we are not doing this. I think they could all be decent squad players to keep around. What does selling them achieve? We were on top of the league for most of the season with them as starters and now we’ve turned on them. Why? I never thought we’d be in title race against City with Arteta and these group of players and yet here we are going toe-to-toe with a finically doped up juggernaut.

I understand emotions are high but please let’s be guided. We are not finished just yet.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Thought he was actually ok yesterday. Lovely flick to Nketiah. Should have been played through by Xhaka. He was ok.

I do get nervous when he holds onto the ball for too long, but nobody in the team seems to get frustrated at it, maybe its a deliberate gameplan to draw in defenders?

The problem is, we need World Class in at least 1 of the front three positions if we want to win trophies, and his looks the most at threat.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can say it's Arteta's system, other can say he's in bad form etc.

But there is no fvcking way Trossard had more ball touches than Nelli in 14 minutes.
Something is going on, probably the pressure getting to him.
That touches stat is misleading. Players with dribbling styles like Saka and Trossard will always have more touches than a kick and rush player like Martinelli.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Crew here in Brazil covering the game felt he had a forgetable game and they hype him up like crazy.

Just needs a breather and I think he comes back strong, specially if he can come in against tired legs and pull a goal off.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

There's a reason why we were willing to spend 100m in his position. I'm not sure Arteta even rates him that highly.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
There's a reason why we were willing to spend 100m in his position. I'm not sure Arteta even rates him that highly.

Nah, I think he does.

Look at that phat contract he's just signed. That's not just Edu helping a BR brother out.

You don't make this big a bet on a player unless everyone is on board.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why is that?
Technique.
You can touch the ball more frequently using the edge of your toes and out step as a way of keeping it closer to your body in tight spaces, basically using different variations of control to manipulate the ball. This is more Trossard’s style.

Martinelli relies more on explosive speed so he’s a lower touch, lower complexity ball carrier (also a good reason why he has a higher dribble success rate).

Not necessarily a negative - you will note someone like Pepe always had more touches than Martinelli, which also supports the reason this the data needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
How fast is he? I can't tell. Never seems to use his pace these days but at times he's looked like a young Walcott speed wise.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
How fast is he? I can't tell. Never seems to use his pace these days but at times he's looked like a young Walcott speed wise.
He is fast, but doesn't have a long stride like prime Henry also is not as explosive as young Walcott. Once Walcott got momentum, there was no catching up to him.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Nah, I think he does.

Look at that phat contract he's just signed. That's not just Edu helping a BR brother out.

You don't make this big a bet on a player unless everyone is on board.
Why go through all that trouble for Mudryk then?

I think he's the most replaceable player in our attack when everyone is fit.

I think him giving him 180k was a consequence our failed Mudryk pursuit. If we'd signed the Ukrainian, would we have given him that fat contract? I doubt.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He should become more of an off the ball player, the way we used to utilize Walcott.

He's never been a good dribbler. He's quite predictable, in that, he runs in a straight line when full backs show him outside.

I don't think he'll get any better than this. I think he'll remain this way. Make him an off the ball runner the way Sp**s got Son doing, then you've got a player.

Reactions: A_G

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He should become more of an off the ball player, the way we used to utilize Walcott.

He's never been a good dribbler. He's quite predictable, in that, he runs in a straight line when full backs show him outside.

I don't think he'll get any better than this. I think he'll remain this way. Make him an off the ball runner the way Sp**s got Son doing, then you've got a player.
People are usually at the start of their career at 21, any reason why you think he's peaked?

Countless of players improve ALOT after that age.

After the city game:
“I think I can improve. I think everyone in the team can improve. I always try to rewatch the game and see what my mistakes were and try to improve. It’s not going to be different with this game."

Sounds like a player that will improve imo.

mpower2540

People are usually at the start of their career at 21, any reason why you think he's peaked?

Countless of players improve ALOT after that age.

After the city game:
“I think I can improve. I think everyone in the team can improve. I always try to rewatch the game and see what my mistakes were and try to improve. It’s not going to be different with this game."

Sounds like a player that will improve imo.
It may be open to debate where his ceiling lies but his attitude is first class.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom