• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

ThePortugueseGunner

The kid needs to rest and to serve as an irreverent sub to come on at 60-70' in order to shake up the game. He's no been productive and it'll be good for him to have a little less pressure and make use of his speed when other players are tired.

Bergkamp120

He came on and immediately created one of our best chances for Eddie but Eddie had stopped running. He then had the assist for Jorginho's goal. And for the goal, he started behind two Villa defenders but his pace was too much for them.

He did much more than Eddie in 15 minutes. Trossard on the left and Martinelli at CF is the way to go.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He came on and immediately created one of our best chances for Eddie but Eddie had stopped running. He then had the assist for Jorginho's goal. And for the goal, he started behind two Villa defenders but his pace was too much for them.

He did much more than Eddie in 15 minutes. Trossard on the left and Martinelli at CF is the way to go.
And all of that when he occupied central space.

I'm not an expert, but fck me this guy is not a winger and looks handy through the middle. Those misses from Eddie, I bet Martinelli puts some of them in

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Hopefully the goal gives him some confidence and Areta and the team find a way to exploit his pace on the counter more. That was the best burst we've seen from him in weeks.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
And all of that when he occupied central space.

I'm not an expert, but fck me this guy is not a winger and looks handy through the middle. Those misses from Eddie, I bet Martinelli puts some of them in
I've always thought long term he's much more of a striker than a winger, I always feel he's better at the end of chances and running at defenders than he is at nimble feet, crosses and intricate passes from the wings. Makes sense to play him at LW with Jesus, though, because they can easily interchange as Jesus is not a player who occupies the centre like a traditional striker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Didn't make major impact when he came on good thing he didn't get too excited with his goal time the run perfectly

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

2ej873.gif

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
People here who think Martinelli can play in Eddie's position, against deep blocks, are in for a (disappointed) surprise.

Give him space he will be dangerous. I'd rather try Trossard in CF and let his creativity do something in tight spaces.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He was good in his cameo yesterday, goal aside.

He may be better drifting in more centrally from a wide position but that doesn't make you a striker because he's not having to do what a striker is expected to do in this system.

His technique at times can be a bit hit or miss, in this system you need to have the ball stick to you with your back to goal. People have got on Eddie's back about that but he's way better than Martinelli is at that sort of stuff.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Extending him for two years doesn't really protect us from losing him to a big club though as they'd be able to blow his wages out the water, now a deal for him is much more tricky and he still has the potential to be top player.
A big club could still blow his current wages out of the water though

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

People here who think Martinelli can play in Eddie's position, against deep blocks, are in for a (disappointed) surprise.

Give him space he will be dangerous. I'd rather try Trossard in CF and let his creativity do something in tight spaces.
Gabi’s decision making + playing in central areas would be a recipe for disaster.

He only works upfront if we play him as a Jamie Vardy type striker.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@boonthegoon you make a good point about the LW having less help than the right but I’m not sure if Trossard is the player to use to confirm that theory. He’s slow and is more of an in the box tricky winger so he’s not quite suited for the role either.

I think the system doesn’t help but if we had a top level LW (someone who combines Trossard and Martinelli’s best attributes) I think they’d actually have a field day with the constant one on ones that our LW ends up getting.

At the minimum they’d be a threat on the break like Gabi while still giving us the ball security of Trossard.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

A big club could still blow his current wages out of the water though

Yeah but they’re much less likely to. We’ve protected keeping a potential top talent.

He’s not fulfilled his salary increase yet, but if he does I’d rather he did it here than somewhere else.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom