• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still bit disappointed our performance in europa this season been crap just like watching totally different team.

I always want us win cup competition apart of this crap league cup because that what big club do and we have ability to do it. I only want us to throw it away if we have injury crisis.

The team didn't show enough in both legs so we even if we go through we'll likely go out next round if we face better team like juve roma or utd.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The extra time and injuries are a bigger concern. As nice as the trophy would've been it's ultimate prize is literally just CL football. Which barring a huge collapse we already have.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I said it before but at no stage did we ever put in a decent performance in this competition this season. I get that Arteta is trying to instill a winning mentality at the club and that's great but we are not at the stage where we can seriously go for two competitions simultaneously.

Look at how we approached Europa this season, effectively playing the "B" team and grinding out results - what message does that send to the squad? If we truly took this competition seriously we would be playing our first XI in every match perhaps with 1-2 changes and treat it the same as we would treat the Champions League.

Moreover, if you look at the English teams who have won the EL in recent times, they've had nothing else to play for - when United won it, I'm fairly certain that they finished 6th that season; when Chelsea won it vs us, I believe they were outside the top 4.

As we got into April, having these Thursday / Sunday games are just brutal, had we gone through I have no doubt that it would have taken away from the Premier League, how could it not?

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

I said it before but at no stage did we ever put in a decent performance in this competition this season. I get that Arteta is trying to instill a winning mentality at the club and that's great but we are not at the stage where we can seriously go for two competitions simultaneously.

Look at how we approached Europa this season, effectively playing the "B" team and grinding out results - what message does that send to the squad? If we truly took this competition seriously we would be playing our first XI in every match perhaps with 1-2 changes and treat it the same as we would treat the Champions League.

Moreover, if you look at the English teams who have won the EL in recent times, they've had nothing else to play for - when United won it, I'm fairly certain that they finished 6th that season; when Chelsea won it vs us, I believe they were outside the top 4.

As we got into April, having these Thursday / Sunday games are just brutal, had we gone through I have no doubt that it would have taken away from the Premier League, how could it not?
Hopefully CL next year fixes this assuming there is further injection of $ in the squad this summer. Add a PL trophy and I fully expect us to cook next year through most competitions.

Not gonna lie though getting knocked out at home by an inferior team is a kick in the nads

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Thank god we out the last thing i want to watch is Arteta vs Allegri low block ball in 2 legs and if we manage to beat him it'll be potentially manutd.

Jasinho

Would honestly have loved for us to have a go and win an ever elusive Euro trophy and try to make a double of it for the season. The competition this year in the quarters is honestly not that great and we would have had a great chance at winning it. Only Man United would honestly have given us a go with the quality we have, with Juve being outsider but they've been very poor this season.

Ultimately last night was poor both in terms of going out and managing first XI fatigue since everyone ended up playing 120min and lost. We might as well have played our strongest team and taken off players once we had the game secured.

Honestly, I don't even get why playing twice a week would have been such a big deal at this point, we've literally only player twice a week on one occasion this entire year so far. Next season most of the team will be required to play twice a week for most of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Would honestly have loved for us to have a go and win an ever elusive Euro trophy and try to make a double of it for the season. The competition this year in the quarters is honestly not that great and we would have had a great chance at winning it. Only Man United would honestly have given us a go with the quality we have, with Juve being outsider but they've been very poor this season.

Ultimately last night was poor both in terms of going out and managing first XI fatigue since everyone ended up playing 120min and lost. We might as well have played our strongest team and taken off players once we had the game secured.

Honestly, I don't even get why playing twice a week would have been such a big deal at this point, we've literally only player twice a week on one occasion this entire year so far. Next season most of the team will be required to play twice a week for most of the season.
watch our games in europa this season nothing suggest me we winning it we rotate alot and by doing that the team level drop massively and we look clueless. even if we win yesterday we'd go out against Juve next round. Also to compete in europe Arteta will have to approach europe games different than league games he basically asking his squad depth do same job the first 11 does it's almost impossible to replicate because simply they not same quality and ability wise.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I missed the match but reading everything I'm not too fussed. At least we can concentrate purely on winning the official PL now or at least getting top 4 to get back into the ECL again next season.

Arteta has to think about our players & the competitions a bit better though tbh. He should rotate a lot of our players around a bit better imo. If he wanted to win the EL aswell he should have done better subs & started with a better team. Previous game should have rotated the players a bit better. Against CP hopefully our top players won't be too tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom