• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Strain is strain, it will always affect performances at some level. Strain can also cause more injuries. More matches that are also difficult matches will also make it more likely to get injuries by fouls.

Why would you project past seasons to the future in regard of strain and injuries? Football is fine margins game at top level.

I'm not saying anything like they are ruined. I'm just making a point that post-poning the Brighton game doesn't have much effect on their strain before our game unless Pep decides to play mostly youth players in a FA Cup semi-final which I have not seen happen.

So not sure why you replied to me.
I'm only asking a question. Has City ever shown the latter stages of the CL affecting their league form?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I’ve read many comments of yours slagging off our club. Your “big club” comment was aimed at Arsenal.
As far as different in the USA goes…I’d say with salary caps and the like it’s tougher to win trophies than just dumping cash like City have done. I support my local soccer/football club, one NHL club (Detroit), and Arsenal. Between them they’ve won two major trophies in the last 5 years, although I have no idea how this is relevant to your argument.
Bottom line: I stand by my “rubbish” comment that Pep might have to sacrifice EPL glory for CL glory. It’s a reasonable take. No idea why you get so heated when anyone gives us a chance to win the league.
You've read many comments by me slagging off our club?

When?

I need receipts and evidence mate. Go find them and post them. If you don't please apologise for your statement.

Champions do not forfeit things. Usain Bolt didn't lose the 200m to win the 100m.

Phelps didn't forfeit one of his competitions before winning 5 gold medals.

Champions do not forfeit competitions.

Pep is a champion. He will not throw away the league for the CL. It isn't in his blood.

I’ll miss you mate.

See you in Venice!

LightAggressiveAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif

the dark knight rises so many feels oh god GIF

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm only asking a question. Has City ever shown the latter stages of the CL affecting their league form?
How can anyone know such a hypothetical situation how much different strain affects?

They might not win a game here or there by one goal because of it.

Or Haaland or someone might get injured.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How can anyone know such a hypothetical situation how much different strain affects?

They might not win a game here or there by one goal because of it.

Or Haaland or someone might get injured.
I'm saying that people are using Cities extra games and involvement as something that will be a negative to them.

I'm simply asking has it been a negative in the past?

As that would give us abit of substance to the idea.

When City went out in the group stages or last 16, did they win or lose more league games?

When they got to the semis or final, did their PPG in the PL suffer?

drippin

Champions do not forfeit things. Usain Bolt didn't lose the 200m to win the 100m.

Phelps didn't forfeit one of his competitions before winning 5 gold medals.

Champions do not forfeit competitions.

Pep is a champion. He will not throw away the league for the CL. It isn't in his blood.
Champions do "forfeit" competitions in certain cases. What you say is not true in sports overall.

Take for example Iivo Niskanen. He always focuses on classic skiing style competitions and especially 50 km.

In other sports similar choices are sometimes made.

drippin

I'm saying that people are using Cities extra games and involvement as something that will be a negative to them.

I'm simply asking has it been a negative in the past?

As that would give us abit of substance to the idea.

When City went out in the group stages or last 16, did they win or lose more league games?

When they got to the semis or final, did their PPG in the PL suffer?
You're having a bad day mate. I won't take part of it more. I explained my view of it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Champions do "forfeit" competitions in certain cases. What you say is not true in sports overall.

Take for example Iivo Niskanen. He always focuses on classic skiing style competitions and especially 50 km.

In other sports similar choices are sometimes made.
Give me some proper examples ffs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You're having a bad day mate. I won't take part of it more. I explained my view of it.
Not a bad day. Don't criticise someone for challenging a statement. Show them why you believe and think what you do. I'm simply asking for someone who claims City will be worse of for their extra games, to present past evidence that when City had extra games their PPG dropped.

Now if you can't do that then we have to assume that extra games doesn't really impact City. Hence why they tend to be stronger the second half of the season.

drippin

Even in track and field competitions there are examples of athletes skipping some possible running competitions to focus where they are most likely to win, and spare their energy. You're talking bollocks.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even in track and field competitions there are examples of athletes skipping some possible running competitions to focus where they are most likely to win, and spare their energy. You're talking bollocks.
Man City are 13/10 to win the PL.
Man City are 11/4 to win the CL.

Man City are not throwing a competition they have greater odds of winning, to try and win a compeition they are longer odds to win.

Man City will try to win both equally. You may think Pep will all off a sudden start playing Palmer, Phillips and Alvarez in the PL and keeping the big guns for the CL. But I don't. Why? Because based on history, Pep has never shown me something that would suggest he's throwing one to the side.

drippin

Man City are 13/10 to win the PL.
Man City are 11/4 to win the CL.

Man City are not throwing a competition they have greater odds of winning, to try and win a compeition they are longer odds to win.

Man City will try to win both equally. You may think Pep will all off a sudden start playing Palmer, Phillips and Alvarez in the PL and keeping the big guns for the CL. But I don't. Why? Because based on history, Pep has never shown me something that would suggest he's throwing one to the side.
Strawman bs that I have never argued about. Please stop this nonsense, find another person to fight like against the windmills.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Strawman bs that I have never argued about. Please stop this nonsense, find another person to fight like against the windmills.
Did you not say that the matches will take their strain on City and that extra matches will make winning the league more difficult for them?

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom