• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Awards and Team Of The Year

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ramsdale: Currently joint top for clean sheets and has made numerous World class saves he had not right to be making saving us many points in the process.

White: Mr consistent, not only excellent defensively but great going forward linking up brilliantly with Saka.

Saliba: best cb in the world up until World Cup. Had a couple of off games after the world cup but now producing high quality performances.

Martinez: very close between him and Gabby but minus his first few games and pool performance he has been fantastic.

Zinchenko: Just on a different level technically compared to any LB. KT is most talented lb in the league after him.

Rodri: Better than the overrated Busquets ever was but doesn't get half the credit he deserves.

KDB: Hasn't been as great as previous seasons but still quality leading the league in assists.

Ødegaard: hardest working attacking player in league. Ødegaard dictates and masterminds the whole teams pressing which is the most key factor leading us to currently being top league. He's a joy watch when he is in full flow dictating our attacking movements with his passing, creativity and intelligence.

Saka: Double figures in both goals and assists. Was producing individual match winning performances when our formed dipped briefly. Even when he's not playing to usual standard he's still producing goals and assists.

Martinelli- I take him over Rashford due to offering more overall as player (works harder, contributes more defensively and has fantastic engine).

CF Halaand - machine.

Honourable mentions to players who could still potentially make the team in some cases depending on how the rest of season goes are

GK: Leno and Pope
RB: Tripper
LB: Shaw
CB: Gabriel and Botman
CDM: Rice and Casemiro
Cm: Xhaka and Guimares
LW: Rushford
RW: Salah and Almiron
CF: no one is coming close to Halaand

Player of year is still up for grabs and debatable between Halaand, Ødegaard and Saka.
Young player of the year: Saka

Last edited:

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Rashford has one more league goal than Martinelli yet people think he’s been better.

How is Partey barely getting a mention???

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pope

Trippier
Botman/Saliba toss up
Gabriel
Zinchenko/Ake toss up

Partey
Ødegaard
KDB ( Oxeki makes a good point, even in a down year he still kills Xhaka as an attacking 8)

Saka
Haaland
Rashford

POTY: Haaland (has simply broken too many records to not be recognised)
YPOTY: Saka as a consolation

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Rashford has one more league goal than Martinelli yet people think he’s been better.
I mean even if you’re judging it on just goals like you are then he’s still been better? I don’t get the point you’re trying to make?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Either Saka wins both awards or Haaland wins both. Haaland can't win one and Saka the other.

You can't beat a player to POTY but not beat him in YPOTY.

Don't know why people are separating the 2 when they are both up for both awards.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Pretty sure they’ve done this before or am I imagining it?
I don't remember it. Because that's normally because the person who wins POTY is over 23. Could have happened.

I just can't see Haaland winning POTY (the main award) yet not picking up the secondary award.

Oddschecker has Haaland 4/9 favourite for POTY and YPOTY. Equal chance of winning both.

Saka definitely deserves something though. Hopefully the league title at least.

How is Partey barely getting a mention???
Partey narrowly missed out for me. Rodri has been more consistent in his efficiency and overall effectiveness. Palhinha has been pivotal for Fulhams season and possibly the best in the league at breaking up play. So those two just edged it.

Martinelli has had too many average games. He has the quality to score when he doesn't play great which should be a key asset for him moving forward. Rashford wasn't anything special early on, but he never looked back since he hit form. He single handedly galvanised his side and brought them to where they are now. His impact has shaped their momentum and they wouldn't be in top 4 without him i reckon. He has also started doing it on his own if his side isn't playing well. Its bloody infuriating.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Partey narrowly missed out for me. Rodri has been more consistent in his efficiency and overall effectiveness. Palhinha has been pivotal for Fulhams season and possibly the best in the league at breaking up play. So those two just edged it.

Martinelli has had too many average games. He has the quality to score when he doesn't play great which should be a key asset for him moving forward. Rashford wasn't anything special early on, but he never looked back since he hit form. He single handedly galvanised his side and brought them to where they are now. His impact has shaped their momentum and they wouldn't be in top 4 without him i reckon. He has also started doing it on his own if his side isn't playing well. Its bloody infuriating.

Of course! Thank you Captain Hindsight. God bless you

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ramsdale: Currently joint top for clean sheets and has made numerous World class saves he had not right to be making saving us many points in the process.

White: Mr consistent, not only excellent defensively but great going forward linking up brilliantly with Saka.

Saliba: best cb in the world up until World Cup. Had a couple of off games after the world cup but now producing high quality performances.

Martinez: very close between him and Gabby but minus his first few games and pool performance he has been fantastic.

Zinchenko: Just on a different level technically compared to any LB. KT is most talented lb in the league after him.

Rodri: Better than the overrated Busquets ever was but doesn't get half the credit he deserves.

KDB: Hasn't been as great as previous seasons but still quality leading the league in assists.

Ødegaard: hardest working attacking player in league. Ødegaard dictates and masterminds the whole teams pressing which is the most key factor leading us to currently being top league. He's a joy watch when he is in full flow dictating our attacking movements with his passing, creativity and intelligence.

Saka: Double figures in both goals and assists. Was producing individual match winning performances when our formed dipped briefly. Even when he's not playing to usual standard he's still producing goals and assists.

Martinelli- I take him over Rashford due to offering more overall as player (works harder, contributes more defensively and has fantastic engine).

CF Halaand - machine.

Honourable mentions to players who could still potentially make the team in some cases depending on how the rest of season goes are

GK: Leno and Pope
RB: Tripper
LB: Shaw
CB: Gabriel and Botman
CDM: Rice and Casemiro
Cm: Xhaka and Guimares
LW: Rushford
RW: Salah and Almiron
CF: no one is coming close to Halaand

Player of year is still up for grabs and debatable between Halaand, Ødegaard and Saka.
Young player of the year: Saka
Who is Rushford?

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool have been dreadful but tbf to Alisson he has still been the best GK in the PL. I’m pretty sure no other keeper has made more saves from big chances this season than him. Also…

FrraeOHWAAAuuj4

Not really his fault that Liverpool have been woeful this season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

At best we're going to have 3-4 players in the TOTS, some of these predictions have over half the first XI full of Arsenal players :lol:

Locks: Saka, Ødegaard
Very good chance: Partey
Toss up: Gabriel, Saliba, Zinchenko

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Haaland
Mitoma Ødegaard Saka
Rodri/Partey KDB
Zin Gabriel Saliba White
Alisson
That would be my XI
Mitoma ahead of Rashford AND Martinelli is crazy.

But doesn’t surprise me at all coming from you lool.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Liverpool have been dreadful but tbf to Alisson he has still been the best GK in the PL. I’m pretty sure no other keeper has made more saves from big chances this season than him. Also…

FrraeOHWAAAuuj4

Not really his fault that Liverpool have been woeful this season.
That is insane. Absolutely insane. 10.6 and the season isn’t over yet.

Kepa remontanda is interesting as well. Maybe we’re starting to see why they thought he was worth that at the time.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mitoma ahead of Rashford AND Martinelli is crazy.

But doesn’t surprise me at all coming from you lool.

:lol:

Have to give some of the other sides a chance (Brighton in particular since they’ve had a fantastic season) + it’s his first season in the PL compared to the other two that have been mentioned.

He deserves recognition tbf to come from a loan spell in Belgium and start tearing through some of the so called best RB’s in the PL. Trent, Trippier, White etc have been Harvard Referenced this szn:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom