• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You can't coach someone to be faster or stronger, and I agree even technique is somewhat static. But you certainly can coach up a player's tactical understanding, awareness, movement, decision-making etc; in other words, how effectively they use their natural ability. Its easy to forget how much coaching and training is involved behind the scenes.
You can def help someone become faster and stronger with the right training regiment. Even technical ability can improve. Saka has dramatically improved his first touch and link up play since he broke into the first team. Those were the two things I had concerns about with him, but he is one of the best in the world at those two attributes for a winger nowadays. Martinelli has also improved his touch and control, he is still inconsistent with it, but he def has improved, he has also gotten stronger over the last year. We have even seen Nketiah get stronger and quicker. He was nowhere near the athlete he is today when he played U18 football.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ngl that’s the kind of **** Pep has been pulling. Did it with Lahm first so I’m not really gonna give him that one :lol:

Can’t have this narrative that Pep did nothing and Arteta did every innovative thing at City while they were both there.
Zinchenko himself credited Arteta with it and he also doesn't play the inverted role the same way Lahm did. I also didn't say anything about Pep doing nothing but it's well known that similar to Fergie, Pep doesn't do a lot of individual work with players, that's something he puts on his assistants. The reality is that the particular system that City play was developed WITH Arteta. It's not the same as what he did at Barca or at Bayern. There's no need to go to the other extreme either where Arteta was just setting out cones for Pep. The way those City players talk about him goes well beyond someone who was just there for the ride. Pep has had a lot of assistants over the years, only one is above him playing better football in the toughest league in the world.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Martinelli your favourite player?

Animated GIF

Hasn't developed at all under Arteta though.
Wooow

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ngl that’s the kind of **** Pep has been pulling. Did it with Lahm first so I’m not really gonna give him that one :lol:

Can’t have this narrative that Pep did nothing and Arteta did every innovative thing at City while they were both there.
Nah I don’t really back that tbh. Wasn’t Lahm *moved* to CM, like Kimmich has? Unless there was a period where he was playing him inverted? Regardless it was not to this extent and to this effect on the team.

The closest comparison to the way we play him was Cancelo but IMO Zinchenko has taken it to the complete next level, like a Mk2 application of it.

Cancelo was an extremely technical wingback coming infield, he would strut some amazing stuff but mostly winger/wingback qualities. While Zinchenko is playing like an actual world class CM from LB.

The way I see it the inverted fullback role was started by Pep (with Arteta as his no.2) and then taken to the next level by Arteta this season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I said previously he’s developed as a regular scorer, but as a player I don’t think he’s developed that much, still relies heavily on his physicality. Would say he’s probably declined as a dribbler etc.

Guy is always running into dead ends with his head down.
Don’t most footballers rely on their physicality though? Especially attacking ones.

Wryer

The poll is looking embarrassing 😳

The boy is incredibly powerful. You can’t knock him off these days. He’s using his core, low CG and footwork very well.

I don’t know how to describe it well - but nothing he does is unnecessary. Every step, every touch is calculated, at the speed of light. That is a night mare for any full backs to deal with.

Badger_Revenge

The poll is looking embarrassing 😳

The boy is incredibly powerful. You can’t knock him off these days. He’s using his core, low CG and footwork very well.

I don’t know how to describe it well - but nothing he does is unnecessary. Every step, every touch is calculated, at the speed of light. That is a night mare for any full backs to deal with.
Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever seen a winger quite like him -- power, speed, technical ability and vision all combined. And he is defensively responsible. He could play any position on the pitch - except maybe center back. Once you give him even a little window he's through it, and without much flash. He just gets the job done. He is one of the most efficient players I've ever watched.

His ability to see space - where to be, where to move the ball, where his teammates are, how to find windows for a pass or a shot - and to exploit that space while taking a minimum of risk is hard to appreciate until you watch him do it over and over again. He's a very different player from Bergkamp - but in the ability to see and exploit space there is some kinship.

Geofranco

Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever seen a winger quite like him -- power, speed, technical ability and vision all combined. And he is defensively responsible. He could play any position on the pitch - except maybe center back. Once you give him even a little window he's through it, and without much flash. He just gets the job done. He is one of the most efficient players I've ever watched.

His ability to see space - where to be, where to move the ball, where his teammates are, how to find windows for a pass or a shot - and to exploit that space while taking a minimum of risk is hard to appreciate until you watch him do it over and over again. He's a very different player from Bergkamp - but in the ability to see and exploit space there is some kinship.

I think many people did not appreciate saka's raw talent because they didn't watch him consistently for the academy. If you watched him back then, he played exactly the same way as he does now and would pull off moves that would catch you off guard and you'd be like, this kid is more creative and technically gifted than expected. Also I think Saka coming straight into the first team and never playing in championship, Bundesliga or Ligue 1 made people underrate him. He never had the opportunity to pad his stats in lesser leagues like the other merchants. Imagine 18 year old Saka playing for Dortmund!! A guy like Havertz was over hyped cause of playing in a very open league, where there are only like 3 really competitive teams every season.

Geofranco

This guy is bordering on WC levels imo, what a great game for England.
I believe you can argue he has been a legit world class player since that game against France in the world cup. But I think a player needs at least 3 seasons of high level play to be legitimately viewed as world class.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Saka’s playstyle is unique how he puts his body between the defender and the ball and then quickly accelerates, either getting fouled or losing the defender. Just doesn’t get called consistently. But he has found something very smartly, stuff like this they usually figure out in the NBA and take advantage off. Sign of a really smart player but we knew that already.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feels like he is reaching superstar levels of fame these days, tbh.

I reckon he's the most famous footballer we have had since Cesc played for us, in terms of a player you think of that then makes you immediately think of Arsenal.

Don't think we have had that since Fabregas.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah I don’t really back that tbh. Wasn’t Lahm *moved* to CM, like Kimmich has? Unless there was a period where he was playing him inverted? Regardless it was not to this extent and to this effect on the team.

The closest comparison to the way we play him was Cancelo but IMO Zinchenko has taken it to the complete next level, like a Mk2 application of it.

Cancelo was an extremely technical wingback coming infield, he would strut some amazing stuff but mostly winger/wingback qualities. While Zinchenko is playing like an actual world class CM from LB.

The way I see it the inverted fullback role was started by Pep (with Arteta as his no.2) and then taken to the next level by Arteta this season.
So what did Pep do?

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom