• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

You have the budget to replace three starters who are they?

Which 3 starters would you look to improve upon?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
2157CF49-959F-43FA-8F30-23202E20ACBE.jpeg

i won breaking bad GIF

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Replace the weakest performer in starting 11 in Partey. Although Xhaka is coming of his career best season for it seems he is guaranteed to go so we would need to replace him.

Bring Rice and Caicedo. We very strong in all other positions in quality and depth.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

First off, i think all our starting 11 have played particularly well. Even Xhaka who used to drive me mental has played very well. Assume we even win league but now we got to kick on and we can’t be complacent. Lfc did that with their core and paid the price and we know our rivals will all spend and improve. List it in order with number 1 being the player or position we most need an upgrade on.

1. Xhaka: still think we need a fast skilled Partey type in his position
2. White: good versatile player his interchanges with Saka today were great but his stupidity cost us a goal also. Again i want him squad but in starting 11 he is a place we can improve
3. Ramsdale: good keeper, made a fine long ball to Saka today, but he has had a poor post WC. He may need to fight someone for the spot. Too be fair not a lot of keepers better than him
Great poll! Good idea!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

1684422064028.png

My vote at the time, couldn't easily think of a third. Although it would probably be one of or both of the fullbacks if you asked me today.

One of the forward positions too, but not saying which as I want peace today (it's not Saka).

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Partey and Ramsdale are the weakest performers according Macro Football and Xhaka is 30 already. I think it is clear who I want to replace and I think Arsenal should at least consider that too.

Martinelli and White don't deserve their votes (if something I would put Saka and Zinchenko first than them).... and Jesus will improve in preseason - his level after his injury was a bit lower than before the WC where he was the best Arsenal attacker imo, and he can improve his finishing too to abysmal to mediocre, he was a mediocre but never as bad as in this season, still 26 and in his prime. You can't find other nine as complete as him.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
They’re weaker links to me than Partey or Xhaka. I think they’re better when we have possession but are a bit easy to bypass when we lose the ball.
I think Xhaka is weakest to be honest but there is room formajor improvement at Fullback. Ramsdale to is a bit up and down; the one thing with Ramsdale though is there aren’t too many better alternatives out there that we could have, i could be wrong but don’t see obvious gettable replacement for him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ll say it with my chest and it’s more than three. By priority:

Jesus
Jesus
Jesus
Ramsdale
White
Zinchenko
Reduced role for Partey (Keep around for experience)
Reduced role for Xhaka (Keep around for experience)
Competition for Saka/Martinelli
Likewise for Ødegaard

giphy.gif

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Jesus
Jesus
Jesus
Ramsdale
White
Zinchenko
Likewise for Ødegaard
Jesus offers us more than Martinelli and Saka do over 90 minutes though. However no one wants to watch a striker than can’t finish.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Jesus offers us more than Martinelli and Saka do over 90 minutes though. However no one wants to watch a striker than can’t finish.

As harsh as it may sound, what’s the purpose of having a striker with no end product?

It’s what we used to criticise Lacazette, Giroud etc for doing. Let's call a spade a spade.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
As harsh as it may sound, what’s the purpose of having a striker with no end product?

It’s what we used to criticise Lacazette, Giroud etc for doing. Let's call a spade a spade.
Lacazette and Giroud lacked athleticism though which Jesus has in bundles and he gets involved deeper and defensively.

But again I can’t really argue with the point about a striker with no end product. That’s what you’re there for at the end of the day.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Jesus
Jesus
Jesus
Ramsdale
White
Zinchenko
Likewise for Ødegaard

giphy.gif
Jesus really mate his numbers were pretty good considering he missed 3 months. He isn’t the most clinical striker but a pretty damn good total footballer. I agree with the other guys but i feel our attack is pretty solid.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette and Giroud lacked athleticism though which Jesus has in bundles and he gets involved deeper and defensively.

But again I can’t really argue with the point about a striker with no end product. That’s what you’re there for at the end of the day.

City have 93 goals they’ve scored this season in the PL and we’re on 83 goals which just goes to show the job that Saka, Martinelli and even Ødegaard have been doing this season has been brilliant. Add 10 goals from a more clincal striker and we would be matching their output.

Even in one of the most free flowing City sides previously, the maximum he’s ever hit was 14 goals in the PL whilst Raheem Sterling got 20 in the 19/20 season. It’s probably why Pep opted to shift him out wide and go for a false 9 even when he was available.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Jesus really mate his numbers were pretty good considering he missed 3 months. He isn’t the most clinical striker but a pretty damn good total footballer. I agree with the other guys but i feel our attack is pretty solid.

0B60C911-0B78-4175-AB9A-FCC283A1FDE4.jpeg

He’s never really had that dawggggg in him. The above is with him playing with KDB, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Sane and Sterling.

Not even hating on him but I think a better striker takes us up another level imo. I’d actually shift him out wide and get a proper CF.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom