• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 741,479
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's 21. Lets hope he picks the better project and team he'd like to play for rather than the money. He has plenty of time to chase that.
Meh he would be mad to turn down Chelsea and hope Arsenal comes for him. I would be amazed if we even bid for him. It’s either Rice or bust by the looks at it

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Meh he would be mad to turn down Chelsea and hope Arsenal comes for him. I would be amazed if we even bid for him. It’s either Rice or bust by the looks at it

All the talk seems to be about Chelsea, other than the article just posted, there is very little talk of Arsenal. Would love the signing, but yeah, it doesn't even look like we are really in for him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The club need to make a serious move for Caicedo and do all they can to convince him. I know some will revert to the Mudryk and Felix deals and say we dodged a bullet but I just feel sooner or later we’ll rue one of these and my gut feeling is it’ll be Caicedo.

Caicedo will slot right in and hit the ground running unlike Mudryk, Enzo, Felix etc who were all unproven in the PL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The club need to make a serious move for Caicedo and do all they can to convince him. I know some will revert to the Mudryk and Felix deals and say we dodged a bullet but I just feel sooner or later we’ll rue one of these and my gut feeling is it’ll be Caicedo.

Caicedo will slot right in and hit the ground running unlike Mudryk, Enzo, Felix etc who were all unproven in the PL.
The club simply cant keep losing number one targets or we'll lose our current manager because it'll stop him making us better and no serious manager will consider coming here. Edu always say its about strategy not money but you have to pay up to buy elite he seriously need to deliver this summer

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I rate him higher than Rice. This will be xhaka/Kante mark 2

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The club simply cant keep losing number one targets or we'll lose our current manager because it'll stop him making us better and no serious manager will consider coming here. Edu always say its about strategy not money but you have to pay up to buy elite he seriously need to deliver this summer

Who says he's Mikels no.1 target though? It seems its always been either or with Rice/Caicedo, and Mikel seems to have picked Rice.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Who says he's Mikels no.1 target though? It seems its always been either or with Rice/Caicedo, and Mikel seems to have picked Rice.
Well because we seriously wanted Caicedo in January and we want rice too of course i find it kinda hard we'll get both but imo with the space in midfield and aging midfield xhaka leaving it open big opportunity. But seem the club want other kind of midfielder along with Rice.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We have CL football that he wants, we also have already built the foundations there from January and it’s obvious he’s keen on playing at the club. The money is there too, so there’s pretty much no excuses there to miss out on him tbh.

You can’t keep on missing out on your main targets to a team that’s smelling up the place and without European football. Sooner or later that’ll catch up with the club and we’ll give Chelsea a free pass to outmuscle us in the table.

You can give the club the benefit of the doubt during those years when finances were tight and we were moving stadium however right now we’re actually spending money. We just have to put our foot down and push Todd Boehly out of the way, otherwise he won’t stop repeating this with every player we’re keen on.

Mickey Rooney

I don’t think there is much chance that Arsenal went as hard as they did for Caicedo in Jan unless they wanted both him and Rice. The interest in Rice had already broken at that time and he was always the number one target. I think it’s extremely likely we wanted both and likely still do unless other priorities have emerged (which doesn’t seem to be the case -ie. resigned Reiss forgoing a more expensive outlay for winger coverage and looking at relatively affortable cover at CB/RB).

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We have CL football that he wants, we also have already built the foundations there from January and it’s obvious he’s keen on playing at the club. The money is there too, so there’s pretty much no excuses there to miss out on him tbh.

You can’t keep on missing out on your main targets to a team that’s smelling up the place and without European football. Sooner or later that’ll catch up with the club and we’ll give Chelsea a free pass to outmuscle us in the table.

You can give the club the benefit of the doubt during those years when finances were tight and we were moving stadium however right now we’re actually spending money. We just have to put our foot down and push Todd Boehly out of the way, otherwise he won’t stop repeating this with every player we’re keen on.

It would be a fumble alright.

Here you have a player who is 21, PL proven, who has permission from his club to leave this summer. He's a relentless ball winner, fast, press resistant, pretty much all the things we are lacking in midfield. We wanted him in January, he wanted to move here, this should be an easy and pretty risk free deal to close if Mikel still wants him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I just think Arsenal hasn’t changed. We are who we are and us challenging for the league came out of nowhere. For the last 2 decades we have had just about enough approach. Let’s plug the holes just enough to compete for top 4. The fact that we will argue rice and caicedo are too much because we have freaking Jorginho who will walk out on free next summer shows how short sighted we are. Too many people think we are ahead of Chelsea because one disaster season forgetting how quickly thinks change in one season

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It would be a fumble alright.

Here you have a player who is 21, PL proven, who has permission from his club to leave this summer. He's a relentless ball winner, fast, press resistant, pretty much all the things we are lacking in midfield. We wanted him in January, he wanted to move here, this should be an easy and pretty risk free deal to close if Mikel still wants him.

Another thing is, I doubt the Caicedo saga will drag on throughout the summer whereas the Rice one, potentially could. Brighton have pretty much accepted he’ll be gone and everyone knows his stance.

I still hope the club do the right thing and go for Caicedo + Xavi Simons as they could turn out to be a very good investment in the long term but I’m skeptical they will. Rice is the priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom