• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who had the better season? Arsenal or Man Utd.

Who had the better season Arsenal or Man Utd?

• Arsenal

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • United

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I don’t really count the Brighton and Forest losses because we’d given up mentally by then. If City had dropped points earlier, we might’ve ended up with 92 points which would be a good effort from a team most people picked to finish outside the top 4.
Yeah sure if you don’t count our post collapse results then you are manipulating the sample you yourself provided to shine a positive light on this turd sandwich Arteta forced us all to take nibble of. Now you are giving him hypothetical 90 point seasons. This was gross negligence by one man who had to focus on one competition while his rivals are still playing meaningful matches

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They made it a physical and scrappy game which we shouldn’t have stooped to. We had like 71% possession in the game but we couldn’t really convert it to many clear cut chances.

Should have at least left there with something.

Yeah we did have a lot possession , but we don't quite have that quality moving the ball in the box ,same happened in Forest , West Ham once they got organised well... it was the same . Sorry to offend people but Giroud is a better wall passer in the box than our entire forward line is 🤣

Farzad Stoned

I don’t really count the Brighton and Forest losses because we’d given up mentally by then. If City had dropped points earlier, we might’ve ended up with 92 points which would be a good effort from a team most people picked to finish outside the top 4.
Ps glad i soaked up the rage while crammed on that p.ss stenching tube crammed in with the apathetic and dejected fans after Brighton match. Was on the side that every Brighton goal went in facing directly the Arteta Vamos banner. It was like god was sending me a sign, a mission; no joke my pilgrimage was like some Joan of Arc sh.t a revelation who is at fault for what.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah sure if you don’t count our post collapse results then you are manipulating the sample you yourself provided to shine a positive light on this turd sandwich Arteta forced us all to take nibble of. Now you are giving him hypothetical 90 point seasons.
It does matter, if we had something to play for I don’t think we’d have dropped off in those two games.

Farzad Stoned

It does matter, if we had something to play for I don’t think we’d have dropped off in those two games.
You deal in hypos; i deal with the fact that this man’s teams collapsed 2 years in a row due to the same pub league defender. 34 points mate stop crafting extra excuses for him. He has an entire death cult of east end hipsters singing his name like this tosser is a Rock star

amigo

But we did have something to play for. The league was not mathematically over and it was not impossible (even though unlikely) that we could have seen City get the same two results they got in their last two games if we had continued winning. For one, we would have been putting mental pressure on them as they were going for a treble. Secondly anything can happen a game of football, a red card, a couple of key injury (like the two we had in the Sporting game. So it was unprofessional of our guys to drop off like that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You deal in hypos; i deal with the fact that this man’s teams collapsed 2 years in a row due to the same pub league defender. 34 points mate stop crafting extra excuses for him. He has an entire death cult of east end hipsters singing his name like this tosser is a Rock star
I still would rather have had our season than United’s. Let’s not forget how many times they got battered this season as well.

Farzad Stoned

I still would rather have had our season than United’s. Let’s not forget how many times they got battered this season as well.
Yes in terms of football quality and keeping us fighting for league we had better season. But the unnecessary Saliba injury the awful second half of season combined with failure in every competition means our off season is more painful then theirs. They got hope, we got What if questions. Neither team had a successful season by their standards. United’s was less bad in my book

Reactions: A_G

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Personally, would take a legitimate title challenge over a Carabao Cup, both from an entertainment/enjoyment perspective and as a indicator of overall team strength.

If a cup is a cup and that trumps all then fair play.

But Carabao is basically a cup for top teams to blood their young players and give peripheral players a go - until the latter stages at least - winning it doesn’t really mean a lot to me or say a lot about a team.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But we did have something to play for. The league was not mathematically over and it was not impossible (even though unlikely) that we could have seen City get the same two results they got in their last two games if we had continued winning. For one, we would have been putting mental pressure on them as they were going for a treble. Secondly anything can happen a game of football, a red card, a couple of key injury (like the two we had in the Sporting game. So it was unprofessional of our guys to drop off like that.
Realistically, the race was over once they won at Goodison.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You might have to give United the edge since it's Ten Hags first season.

If you discount that then obviously we were much better.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Despite our capitulation I think challenging for the title while establishing our brand of sexy football in the end makes us a much more attractive destination for players than United, which will help us improve massively in the summer. In that regard we’ve definitely had the better season.

Sparrahork

Excellent question given I had us down to finish 3rd and them 6th at the start of the season. For them to do what they did was way beyond what I expected for a broken fractured team.

I did however vote for arsenal, all about the league / ecl as far as I am concerned. We finished two places higher so we had the better season.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You might have to give United the edge since it's Ten Hags first season.

If you discount that then obviously we were much better.

Does transfers factor into this as well? They did spend around £240m this season, including paying £65m for a 30-year-old Casemiro which would indicate there was a gigantic incentive to win now and not only build for the future. It's quite a bit easier to win if you invest heavily in ready made players over developing talent etc.

Still, probably fair to go either way on this, all depends on how much you value silverware vs. general performance.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Personally, would take a legitimate title challenge over a Carabao Cup, both from an entertainment/enjoyment perspective and as a indicator of overall team strength.

If a cup is a cup and that trumps all then fair play.

But Carabao is basically a cup for top teams to blood their young players and give peripheral players a go - until the latter stages at least - winning it doesn’t really mean a lot to me or say a lot about a team.

Yeah and that's why it was fun to watch seeing the kids that were coming through

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
A difficult question to answer. Man Utd get 3rd place in the league, (Champions League qualification). They win the League Cup, and reach the Final of the FA Cup. Christiano Ronaldo leaving has got that distraction out of the way. Marcus Rashford is getting back to being the player he was.
Arsenal have built a young team with potential. Arteta made two good signings from Manchester City. Ramsdale has had a good season. We were top of the league for majority of the season. Unfortunately, we lost form towards the end. We finished 2nd, champions league qualification achieved. Looking at the league table, Man Utd and Arsenal both conceded the same amount of goals, while Arsenal scored about 30 more goals than Utd. Which maybe suggests that Arsenal were more entertaining in an attacking sense?
Hopefully we can build on this. Arteta taking Arsenal towards the right direction.
As for who had the better season. Both teams neck and neck. Can't decide, sorry.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom