• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Do you think Brighton is limited on the ball with Caceido playing in midfield?

No because they have MaCalister and Gross who are providing the playmaking in their midfield. We'd be reliant on Ødegaard and Rice actually becoming a top playmaker.

The worry is both Rice and Cadeido offering very little in possession

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No because they have MaCalister and Gross who are providing the playmaking in their midfield. We'd be reliant on Ødegaard and Rice actually becoming a top playmaker.

The worry is both Rice and Cadeido offering very little in possession

I think you are underestimating Caicedo and his ability to play as an #8 in our system. He is actually more of an 8 than Rice IMO.

Caicedo is one of the most versatile players in the league. He plays comfortably across all three lines. Mind you, Rice can do the same as well.

1686220935141.png

lomekian

Essays are my thing
BTW according to the BBC, usually more reliable about this sort of thing that Twitter, McAllister was £55m

Burrata

Player:Saka
I think you are underestimating Caicedo and his ability to play as an #8 in our system. He is actually more of an 8 than Rice IMO.

Caicedo is one of the most versatile players in the league. He plays comfortably across all three lines.

View attachment 15673

He doesnt have the verticality with the ball like Rice.
Btw even Xhaka was great, you could see his limits many times when he is in the final third or in some runs when he misses the touche because he lack a bit of pace and miss controls

Rice is a running machine, more agile and more powerful in his runs

He would be our VVD

Caicedo is a elite defensive minded midfielder but don't think he can fit what Xhaka did. But he can be brilliant as a DLM/Inverted FB

DuBB

Caicedo is one of the most versatile players in the league. He plays comfortably across all three lines.

View attachment 15673

And not only does he play comfortably in most thirds (deepest and middle third, predominantly) he plays comfortably on both sides.

Often this season when deployed as a DM, he's been deployed slightly to the left, but as we saw against us, he absolutely bossed the right hand side of the pitch.

Touch map against us as a RB
358544745_1.png

Touch map in another win as a DM
358544742_2.png

Touch map as a DM in a loss (Everton) but as you can see and if you watched like I did, you'd recognise that they were really on the front foot trying to score and get back in that game
358544744_3.png

SA Gunner

He doesnt have the verticality with the ball like Rice.
Btw even Xhaka was great, you could see his limits many times when he is in the final third or in some runs when he misses the touche because he lack a bit of pace and miss controls

Rice is a running machine, more agile and more powerful in his runs

He would be our VVD

Caicedo is a elite defensive minded midfielder but don't think he can fit what Xhaka did. But he can be brilliant as a DLM/Inverted FB

You speaking about running with the ball I presume.

Yes, this is a super strength of Rice. His engine and ability to play box-box is ridiculous and something I havent seen enough with Caicedo. But that doesnt disqualify Moises as an #8 in our system, because in addition to having an engine, does he also an ability in tight spaces which he has shown as a lone #6 at Brighton.

Think there is more to his game than what we are told by the media, and you see this by just watching him closely on the pitch.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Surely we can't afford both Rice and Caicedo? At least not without raising significant funds by selling players. If we are banking on the latter, we could probably not sign both early in the window?

DuBB

Yes, this is a super strength of Rice. His engine and ability to play box-box is ridiculous and something I havent seen enough with Caicedo. But that doesnt disqualify Moises as an #8 in our system, because in addition to having an engine, does he also an ability in tight spaces which he has shown as a lone #6 at Brighton.

Think there is more to his game than what we are told by the media, and you see this by just watching him closely on the pitch.

And just for further illustration, and to continue to dispel the "Mosies might not be able to play better further forward" narrative, here are 2 season Heat Maps, showing where 2 players have been more active this season. The first is Declan Rice (looking rather like a left sided box 2 box midfielder to me...), the second is Caicedo.

358545797_1.png

358545795_2.png

But the way people talk about Caicedo you'd think he stopped playing at the half way line, but clearly people haven't watched enough of him to know how all over the pitch he really is

G0D

Almighty
Make it happen before Chelsea snap him up… if Jorginho is really going then Caicedo is the way to go.

Burrata

Player:Saka

Agreed, and i even think we will change the system next season, let's see but i'm excited. Ricedo or not.

Gary Jacob bomba !! let's hope

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta will likely push for kroenke to get Caicedo tooif we made more sales in midfield it open big opportunity. But we need to make sure we made good sales or ffp will chase us we can't have that after we back to elite again

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd much rather Caicedo for 70-80m than Rice for 100m, I'd even prefer Caicedo if Rice cost 80m. That being said I don't see either as 8s that raise the bar on our midfield. I think the odds are very low that they can reproduce Xhaka's output. Also, despite his output Xhaka's had clear flaws in his game at 8. A more nimble player (like Caicedo) with attacking threat (unlike Caicedo) would fit much better there. I also like a tenacious player at 8, which is why I suggested Mac Allister or Barella.

Rice scores the occassional goal, but no guarantees he'll produce as much when already in the attacking third (I think people really underestimate what it means to arrive in a position rather than starting from that position, for one thing it would take away the space to start his marauding runs or the space for a long shot, that space would need to be created by the player).

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Caicedo is one of the most versatile players in the league. He plays comfortably across all three lines. Mind you, Rice can do the same as well.

View attachment 15673
How does it show his versatility? Great defensive numbers & almost zero creativity

SA Gunner

How does it show his versatility? Great defensive numbers & almost zero creativity

Look at progressive passes, passes attempted and passes completed. Those are the statistics behind his ability to pass vertically.

The biggest indicators though is his movement across the pitch, as seen by the heat maps posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom