• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal aren't bidding and increasing their bid unless they know the player is attainable. It's just a matter of what price Brighton will accept.

If this doesn't come through I don't know how Edu gets away with losing two big targets in one window. Looks awful for the club.a
Idk if this is always true. Clubs keep trying ‘just in case’, but Brighton could be serious about not for sale like many have before..

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Fair or not, a lot of Edu's reputation is riding on this window, regardless of the success of past transfers. Not a good look to miss out on two high-profile priority targets in such a crucial window.

Having said that, is Caicedo that level of talent where he's a class above other potential midfield targets and it's worth putting most of our eggs in this basket?

Understand they aren't exactly the same style of player, but Chelsea, who are also on their knees for a midfielder, have seemingly prioritized Enzo (who's even more expensive), when they have a manager who coached Caicedo, gave him his debut in English football, and helped develop him into the player he is today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal aren't bidding and increasing their bid unless they know the player is attainable. It's just a matter of what price Brighton will accept.

If this doesn't come through I don't know how Edu gets away with losing two big targets in one window. Looks awful for the club.a
because Edu is newbie that what happened he listening to his agents and ignore the fact his club refusing to sell. i think Caicedo wasn't even our target this window because simply he was not for sale and he wasn't even avilable him changing agents opened the door for us and chelsea but brighton simply told both he not for sale again.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

No you transfer fanatics just love to over dramatize everything. Our recruiting has been generally exceptional the past few seasons and we have not risked our financial structure to do madness like Chelsea. Some of you lot only follow this club for three months of the year I swear.
We have relatively quickly built one of the youngest and very best teams in world football. Anyone hating on our squad building strategy and how well we have implemented it in recent times is taking the piss tbh.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

because Edu is newbie that what happened he listening to his agents and ignore the fact his club refusing to sell. i think Caicedo wasn't even our target this window because simply he was not for sale and he wasn't even avilable him changing agents opened the door for us and chelsea but brighton simply told both he not for sale again.
Trossard agent did say he contacted Arsenal to make the move happen. I really think agents are feeding him and he is just going along.

Diesel

Missing out on players happens but how many have we missed out on recently 🤣🤣

Vlahovic ❌
Locatelli ❌
Raphinha ❌
Martinez ❌
Douglas Luiz ❌
Mudryk ❌
Caicedo 🔜 ❌

Am I missing any more?

The first two *****es already being linked away from that ****hole club. Check. Raphina doing so well that he was linked away in january. 4 months after his transfer. ETH demanded his old midget from ajax. Villa thought they were a big club and gerrard is gone. Mudryk lol daddy warbucks showed up and gazumped us. Caicedo 28 appearances and u have brighton rejected 70m. How is this on edu lol. Im not huge edu fan but these bids were more than fair. Because we wont bid 20 mill over our valuation? Yeah no thats what the old arsenal would do.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Missing out on players happens but how many have we missed out on recently 🤣🤣

Vlahovic ❌
Locatelli ❌
Raphinha ❌
Martinez ❌
Douglas Luiz ❌
Mudryk ❌
Caicedo 🔜 ❌

Am I missing any more?

And you still get guys sticking up for our transfers and that. Mad.

At the very least you have to admit that we are absolutely rubbish at working out which targets are attainable. Any ***** can identify assets that would improve the team. I mean literally - just look at the transfer threads around here. A competent strategist can refine those targets to work out which ones are attainable on our budget. A good negotiator then engages and like poker, it’s his role to try and understand what cards the opponent is holding.

Our clubs transfer dealings are pretty much on the “moronic” stage of Theresa’s “Art of the Deal”…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom