• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

tbh walking away from Douglas and this is fine if we got into what we think the max value of the player should be.

I completely agree since it does seem a lot of money that Brighton are holding out for. Edu’s track record does look a bit susss when you look at those players we’ve missed out on even though I’ve come round to him lately.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I completely agree since it does seem a lot of money that Brighton are holding out for. Edu’s track record does look a bit susss when you look at those players we’ve missed out on even though I’ve come round to him lately.

This is the thing right. If every top target we go for ends up being too expensive for our tastes, then at what point do you think that there are some systemic issues in our entire strategy?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ok man, I'll give Edu til the window closes. If we don't get anyone in, what's your opinion then? Remember, Elneny injured longterm, the only backup in midfield is Sambi, and we're going for the PL title.
My opinion is that we've had a really good season. One of my favourite supporting this club in my life and if the yellow box wasn't there, it'd be even better.

I want to see Emile tried in the Xhaka role and I genuinely believe that Zinchenko could fill in for Partey in the worst case scenario. Sambi should not play another minute this season. Will I be disappointed if we don't get a midfielder in? Yes. Is it worth sacrificing our structure and future planning to do a madness? No. Regardless what happens, I am confident that we'll win the PL.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The more things change…

Rich Arsenal very much like poor Arsenal. Fumbling our transfer targets. Only difference is our targets are actually worth clocking up however many pages on AM but end result is the same. And before someone brings up the transfers of White et al, shut it. It’s very different and you know it. We do not have what it takes to compete at the top tier of transfers.

Also…

@Riou
So what should they have done differently on these last two occasions?

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
It seems Caicedo is the only candidate for Partey's replacement in this window

egg GIF

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Rich Arsenal very much like poor Arsenal. Fumbling our transfer targets. Only difference is our targets are actually worth clocking up however many pages on AM but end result is the same. And before someone brings up the transfers of White et al, shut it. It’s very different and you know it. We do not have what it takes to compete at the top tier of transfers.
For White Arsenal paid the asking price quite fast, because he was a unique player for Arteta, versatile, HG and EPL proven. To me it looks like they will pay what is asked, if they don't have similar options on the market. And at that point Arsenal wasn't an UCL club, so had to make sure competitors don't come in between. Now they can try to save more money with the attraction of being league leaders.

Partey? Jesus? Zinchenko? Ødegaard? All bought when Arsenal wasn't an UCL club, and not very expensive. There were rumours for a long time and it was a bit nervy to wait the summer to get the rumours confirmed. I consider these top tier transfers, especially for the situation. Even Gabriel had competition from United I think at least, and now they have more than double more expensive Martinez (who is good player).

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
brighton isn’t going to accept two days before the deadline, this is gonna go down to the wire

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

No, most fans recognise the glaring hole in our MF positions. Ie, we have only 3, 1 of which is utter sh*te. We have to get someone so we dont fall off a cliff if Partey or Xhaka get injured. Can you not see this ???

This is a golden chance to win the league & we're leaving it to last 48 here to make a vital transfer. Wake up ffs
They won't get injured. This Arsenal season and team is just built different. Zinchenko is a midfielder. Emile will need to play the Xhaka role, otherwise I don't see a lot of space for him. I don't think it's as dire as made out. Is it ideal? No. Some reactions in this thread is just meltdown worthy though. Arguably we're having one of the best seasons we've had in the Emirates era and A-M is saying it's tough supporting this club. 🤣

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He also says Brighton insist he's not for sale and that this will not change. Look for other targets FFS!
yeah i just don't get this one what gonna make brighton change their mind? unless someone bid 100M? we clearly not gonna do that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is the thing right. If every top target we go for ends up being too expensive for our tastes, then at what point do you think that there are some systemic issues in our entire strategy?

Sooner rather than later I think there will be eyes on Edu if this carries on imo. All it takes is one of these second options to stink up the place and there will be a bit of pressure on him not only from the fans but I reckon Teta will throw him under the bus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom