• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Legend14

Established Member
Reiss’s goal could be the most exciting goal I’ve experienced. Lost my voice that day.

Glad we will keep him, I think he is an impactful player beyond that moment.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
New contract agreed apparently. Not really sure how to feel about that, sort of feels like rewarding someone based on quite little evidence? I mean if Nelson had had that season for another club no one would be clamouring for his signature on here.

Best of luck to him anyway. I’m guessing this means the club won’t buy a forward this summer?

Jason Jace

New contract agreed apparently. Not really sure how to feel about that, sort of feels like rewarding someone based on quite little evidence? I mean if Nelson had had that season for another club no one would be clamouring for his signature on here.

Best of luck to him anyway. I’m guessing this means the club won’t buy a forward this summer?
Frankly, I think we have enough forward already, unless we are selling some big like Jesus or martinelli or saka...

Trossard pretty much covers everywhere, there is nketiah, and balogun returns..

Unless we are selling both balogun and nketiah or one of the aforementioned 3, there really isn't any space for a new forward..

Let's not also forget we have everyone's favorite; Nicholas Pepe coming back from loan

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The biggest regret is that this moment didn't lead to the title because it makes for a remarkable story. Still so pleased he has this moment tho.
Yeah, I think it made a lot of us think it's written in the stars. Unfortunately it was not.

Still, it's a moment that I'm thankful for & one that will still be talked about years from now..

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Frankly, I think we have enough forward already, unless we are selling some big like Jesus or martinelli or saka...

Trossard pretty much covers everywhere, there is nketiah, and balogun returns..

Unless we are selling both balogun and nketiah or one of the aforementioned 3, there really isn't any space for a new forward..

Let's not also forget we have everyone's favorite; Nicholas Pepe coming back from loan
Pepe doesn't have a future here. He will either be sold for smallish fee, loaned again, or paid off.

Balo wants to be a starter & you can't blame him. He will likely be sold as he is in demand.

That leaves Jesus, Saka, Nelli, Trossard, Eddie, & Nelson. 5 good options & Eddie, who is a good team player & chips in with a couple of goals.

Ideally we get another forward but I think we have areas of the squad we need to prioritise first. I imagine next summer we will strengthen the forward area.

Nelson has shown enough to be rewarded with a contract. I just hope this doesn't turn into another AMN situation.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Basically gave him Pepe’s wages. :lol:

Massive for Reiss, his family are basically looked after for life now, if they weren’t already but puzzling.

Never seen a player get a 100kpw contract for doing so little. He’s hit the jackpot.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

A bit generous for someone who trains well and is happy with the odd appearance every few months.

I don't understand it, but not my problem and I assume the club knows what it's doing. I fail to see the difference between the bloated wages we had previously and what we seem to be building now though.

I like Reiss and hope he kicks on anyways, maybe he's set for a much bigger role this season as Arteta tends to surprise us (I never saw Saliba coming for example, I assumed he'd be benched on his return).

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think that's a bit too much for what he's shown to date and the role he's played tbh.

I guess if you're looking at it in a more positive light maybe this contract indicates Arteta is going to use him as more than a bit part player going forward. I'm a bit skeptical on that though.

Good for Reiss though.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
He's far more devastating from the Left Wing as opposed to the Right Wing (focused on combination play instead of being extremely direct). So what is the plans for him next season?

Arteta is not good with rotation and believes running Saka through the ground is justifiable.

Are we going to forget about signing a Left footed Right Winger to provide genuine competition for Saka?

Nelson, ESR, Trossard and Martinelli are all better on the Left wing as opposed to the Right Wing.

Jesus played Right Wing under Pep.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
So according to what I've found on the web; currently we have

- Ødegaard on 110-120k/week depending on the source, waiting for his new contract
- Xhaka is on 120k/week
- Trossard is on 90K/week.

I don't know in what world you pay more Nelson than Trossard for instance. I find it crazy.

This kind of wages are closing a door to a move out of the PL if things don't work out. There isn't a single club in Europe who can afford to give more than £5M/year on an injury prone player who didn't do much in his career yet.

The other major risk is to drive prices up in our wage bill.
For instance, if you're Tomiyasu and currently earning 50-60K/week, you'd be crazy to ask for less than 110-120k/week in the next contract if Nelson is getting 100k.

Giving huge contracts to mediocre player is what got us in a terrible situation in the first place. Why are we doing the same today?
I have no issue if we "overpay" our young stars, like Saka Saliba Martinelli.
But to give big money to a squaddie, naaaah, I don't like it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Think we are going to get in a right winger as well, with Nelson playing as our left wing.

We have too many games to play the same team this coming season. Im sure we will see far more rotation this time.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
So according to what I've found on the web; currently we have

- Ødegaard on 110-120k/week depending on the source, waiting for his new contract
- Xhaka is on 120k/week
- Trossard is on 90K/week.

I don't know in what world you pay more Nelson than Trossard for instance. I find it crazy.

This kind of wages are closing a door to a move out of the PL if things don't work out. There isn't a single club in Europe who can afford to give more than £5M/year on an injury prone player who didn't do much in his career yet.

The other major risk is to drive prices up in our wage bill.
For instance, if you're Tomiyasu and currently earning 50-60K/week, you'd be crazy to ask for less than 110-120k/week in the next contract if Nelson is getting 100k.

Giving huge contracts to mediocre player is what got us in a terrible situation in the first place. Why are we doing the same today?
I have no issue if we "overpay" our young stars, like Saka Saliba Martinelli.
But to give big money to a squaddie, naaaah, I don't like it.
Do we never learn?

Random twitter aggregator tweets quoting random journalist with no links to the club who has come up with a wonderfully round figure and we lose our **** taking it as gospel.

Just as with Eddie, a large part of that 100k, even if its a figure that exists beyond journalistic imagination, will be in performance related pay. Just like people were pooping their britches at Saka's "300-350k p/w" contract renewal, only for it come out that the basic wage was approx £200k p/w. If Nelson performs at the level to get £100k a week, it'll be easily worth it. If he doesn't he'll likely be taking home a fee sufficiently lower to make moving him on easy enough.

Same reason Chavski got Mudryk. We were happy to go big on the gamble, as long as he performed at a level that reflected his team's PR offensive about him. Chavski were so desperate to gazzump us they made the extra payments achievable as long as he wasn't an abject failure

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Quite much, but he would have left for free. It's likely he can be sold for some money no matter what, with his potential and being HG.

It's 31 million pounds in total with that signing fee. If you buy a similar player, they would get like 50-80k per week. 50k per week is 13 million in 5 years.

Mudryk earns 100k per week? Nelson is cheap compared to Mudryk.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Quite much, but he would have left for free. It's likely he can be sold for some money no matter what, with his potential and being HG.

It's 31 million pounds in total. If you buy a similar player, they would get like 50-80k per week. 50k per week is 13 million in 5 years.

Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

Fallout

I thought he had a few cameos toward the end of the season that looked very, very promising. Felt like he was finally starting to put it all together.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Basically gave him Pepe’s wages. :lol:

Massive for Reiss, his family are basically looked after for life now, if they weren’t already but puzzling.

Never seen a player get a 100kpw contract for doing so little. He’s hit the jackpot.

How my times do you think Reiss and his agent mentioned the Bournemouth goal during the contract talks :lol:

Delighted for him, really wanted him to stay.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hopefully means one of Nelson/Martinelli/Jesus/Trossard can play right wing to rotate with Saka. Jesus/Trossard being the most obvious choice, as they can play the false 9 role.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom