• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Tnegs

He’s a Hale Ender and he’s been really impressive in his cameos think we need to cut him a bit more slack and give him a proper chance to make it here. There is something special about seeing young kids from the academy playing in the first team I hope he makes it at least as a squad option and i reckon he’s good enough for it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

People don’t rate him. It will just be another nketiah situation tbh

It does look like another Nketiah and a different version of the bloated wages we've had at the club, but it's early days for both of them.

What we did here is ideally what we should have done with Saliba, looked at him closer and gave him an extension perhaps leaving the fans confused at the time - but proving to be a bargain down the line.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

People do rate him tho. Besides, the people that actually matter, ie the coaches & the manager, do seem to rate him.

Interesting that there's always a disparity between football professionals and fans init lol.

I agree though, prem clubs and AC Milan were looking at him so he's clearly rated in football circles.

Sparrahork

People do rate him tho. Besides, the people that actually matter, ie the coaches & the manager, do seem to rate him.

I guess we will find out next season how highly they rate him.
Rasmi is one of those that clearly doesn't. £10m to replace him is laughable as well, we would be looking at a few times that for someone willing to back up Saka.

As it is, whilst Reiss is not ideal in that role he will do a job. More of one on the other wing. If Reiss does not offer cover for Saka the. Hopefully jesus will, but it also provides a path into the squad for cozier-duberry. Overall I consider this smart business adding more depth up front, without causing financial hardships when our midfield needs are more pressing.

With regard to Eddie I do not know how long his contract is, but if it is 5 years and on 100k per annum that is £25m plus signing on fee. As a comparison west ham got Danny ings for £15m plus whatever his wages are. I would suggest Eddie a cheaper and better option for us. Just as Reiss will prove to be when comparing outlay against other options, options that could go the same way as Pepe.

Sparrahork

Big worry is he drops off after his pay day.

Need him to carry on like he played at the end of the season, no fear just running at players.

Arteta needs to use him as well with that new deal.
I think he will be keen to prove himself, my hope is the new contract will persuade him he is deemed good enough for the club.

Reiss is very talented but seems to have lacked confidence in his ability. Hopefully recent events will allow him to thrive.

Rattata

Small sample size but you will have to search hard to find a player with stats like that that's not already a known top player. Also take a look at "similiar players".

1686655739253.png

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Interesting that there's always a disparity between football professionals and fans init lol.

I agree though, prem clubs and AC Milan were looking at him so he's clearly rated in football circles.

Yeah you see glimpses of what he can do and he is one of the few of our attackers that can time a pass.

Bucephalus

Small sample size but you will have to search hard to find a player with stats like that that's not already a known top player. Also take a look at "similiar players".

View attachment 15807
My (inexpert) observation. He has always looked great: (a) playing with an otherwise first team; and (b) coming on in the second half against somewhat tired defenders. Somehow when he gets a start, and especially if he gets a start in a cup game with a bunch of second stringers, he fails to make an impression. There's countless players who have looked good against lesser opposition but failed at the highest levels (cue "farmers' league" jokes here). Nelson seems like a rare player who is the opposite of that; could probably slide into the starting Arsenal XI if Saka went down, and look good doing it, but will never put up the numbers and performances in "lesser" matches and force his way in.

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
A bit generous for someone who trains well and is happy with the odd appearance every few months.

I don't understand it, but not my problem and I assume the club knows what it's doing. I fail to see the difference between the bloated wages we had previously and what we seem to be building now though.

I like Reiss and hope he kicks on anyways, maybe he's set for a much bigger role this season as Arteta tends to surprise us (I never saw Saliba coming for example, I assumed he'd be benched on his return).
Wasn't the bloated wages about us paying UCL wages to players while we struggled to reach Europa league?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just can't see what's in it for him to sign a new contract at Arsenal. It's not like he'll play week in week out, and he needs that.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I just can't see what's in it for him to sign a new contract at Arsenal. It's not like he'll play week in week out, and he needs that.

If he doesn’t sign then we’ll be in the market for a right winger, can’t run Saka into the ground again.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom