• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I can’t wait to see the coffin where Emery recharges.
It's going to be interesting to see Unai's team talk before and after they beat us at Villa Park. Emi as well.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
We badly need this 2 week break. We haven't really put in a good performance since beating you guys. We were probably the better team against Everton but it wasn't a good performance really.

We need the rest, we need to regroup and we need Torres back in the team

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
We badly need this 2 week break. We haven't really put in a good performance since beating you guys. We were probably the better team against Everton but it wasn't a good performance really.

We need the rest, we need to regroup and we need Torres back in the team
Will you be happy with a Top 6 finish?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Will you be happy with a Top 6 finish?
If you'd offered me that before the season started I'd have snapped your arm off. It would have been very good progress considering we had a european campaign to deal with as well as the regular season.

But considering where we are now, I'd be disappointed with 6th. We're 8 points clear of West Ham in 6th. To lose that kind of gap to a team in that position would be a massive collapse based on our form under Emery.

It's not just 21 games, he's given us over a year of sustained Champions League qualification form. So to go from that to a collapse would be a shame.

Based on previous seasons we only need around 22 points to finish 5th. From 17 games that's less than 1.3 pts per game. Under Emery we are averaging exactly 2 PPG in the league. 1.3PPG would be a lower average than Emery has managed in any season as a manager.
So no I don't think i would be happy with 6th place.

That was probably a more complicated answer than you were expecting :D

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If you'd offered me that before the season started I'd have snapped your arm off. It would have been very good progress considering we had a european campaign to deal with as well as the regular season.

But considering where we are now, I'd be disappointed with 6th. We're 8 points clear of West Ham in 6th. To lose that kind of gap to a team in that position would be a massive collapse based on our form under Emery.

It's not just 21 games, he's given us over a year of sustained Champions League qualification form. So to go from that to a collapse would be a shame.

Based on previous seasons we only need around 22 points to finish 5th. From 17 games that's less than 1.3 pts per game. Under Emery we are averaging exactly 2 PPG in the league. 1.3PPG would be a lower average than Emery has managed in any season as a manager.
So no I don't think i would be happy with 6th place.

That was probably a more complicated answer than you were expecting :D
Would rather you than any of the competitors in the CL but the way it's shaping up this season 5th place probably won't get you that.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Weirdly I'm hoping yesterday signals the end of our bad run.

Yesterday was the best we've played since the Man City game 2 months ago. We've been absolutely **** since we played you guys the game after that. We've scraped some results but we've been really poor for at least 10 games (in all comps).

Yesterday we were good. Very good. better than when we beat you guys to be honest! We just made a couple of sloppy mistakes which gave them goals. but we missed a boat load of chances and really should have won the game.

If we carry that level of performance on we'll be back pushing Sp**s for 4th place

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Yesterday was the best we've played since the Man City game 2 months ago. We've been absolutely **** since we played you guys the game after that. We've scraped some results but we've been really poor for at least 10 games (in all comps).

Yesterday we were good. Very good. better than when we beat you guys to be honest! We just made a couple of sloppy mistakes which gave them goals. but we missed a boat load of chances and really should have won the game.

If we carry that level of performance on we'll be back pushing Sp**s for 4th place

I can't really see you keeping the pace to get 4th. 5th or 6th is probably where you'll end up, I'd say 5th at this stage just because I think Man Utd aren't consistent enough to catch you.

Emery will start to have eyes for the conference league once it starts up again. I'm not sure you've got the squad to keep it up in the league to get 4th and field a strong team in the conference league.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I watched bits of it and listened to the commentary for the rest. The better side lost for sure. But I'm not sure how much you can gauge from a United game. They conceeded 22 shots against West Ham last week. Sp**s dominated the possession and had about twice the chances but drew. Wolves scored 3 against them. They essentially sit back and conceed loads of chances every game and hope their quality on the counter see them through

I do hope you finish top 4 if it isn't at our expense. It's goto be between yourselves and Sp**s by the form book.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I can't really see you keeping the pace to get 4th. 5th or 6th is probably where you'll end up, I'd say 5th at this stage just because I think Man Utd aren't consistent enough to catch you.

Emery will start to have eyes for the conference league once it starts up again. I'm not sure you've got the squad to keep it up in the league to get 4th and field a strong team in the conference league.
We've had a 2 month slump and we're still only 1 point behind Sp**s.

If we've snapped out of it (last season we had a similar bad period and came out of it very strongly) then we're right in the mix for top 4

5th is the lowest we'll finish

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

If we've snapped out of it (last season we had a similar bad period and came out of it very strongly) then we're right in the mix for top 4

Don't know if I'd call it a slump. Your home form is just going back to a normal level after an exceptional run of wins.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Your squad cost is 9th, so Unai is doing a superb job. If you get top 4, and beat 4 of the rich teams eg United, Chelsea, Sp**s and Newcastle, it would be unprecedented!

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom