• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Yeah it's far below normal if you take the last 4 games in isolation. Before that it was far far above normal and across the season it's still above normal. Let's say your last 7 home games looks something like this WLWWWDL, you'll get 13 points and your home PPG for this season will have matched Emery's first season (November to May).

I don't really know what you're trying to argue unless you think winning 90% of your home games is your normal level.
Jesus Christ mate, it's like you're deliberately missing the point.

I said we were in a slump, i.e. our overall form (not JUST our home form) was way below what it normally is. A slump

You said that it wasn't a slump, it was just because of our home form returning to normal levels

My point was whilst I agree that our home form has returned to former levels, that isn't the reason for our slump. It doesn't account for the overall loss in form. Our overall form is far below what it normally is and it can't all be attributed to a return to "normal" home form

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
How good is Luiz and do you think he's your best player? I can see Arsenal going back in for him in the summer if Villa are open to selling.
He's very very good, but he needs to be played in the right position. There's this misconception that he's a DM. He's not. He's been played there before for us, but his improvement this season has come because we've had Boubacar Kamara playing alongside him. Kamara is the DM (and an extremely underrated one) and his talent allows Luiz the freedom to operate further up the pitch. That's why he's suddenly getting far more goals and assists.

I think he'd be a good signing, as long as you played him like that. If you had Rice operating as the pure DM and Luiz as the traditional number 8 then I think it would work very well.

All that being said please don't sign him!!!!

How has Buendia been? I remember wishlisting him before you signed him. I wishlisted Kamara on a free too. I think you'll hurt without his defensive coverage but hope Emery can manage around it.
He's been great. Like all of our players, he looked **** under Gerrard. But once he got a proper manager coaching him he's been much much better. His ACL was incredibly unfortunate timing. he'd have seen a lot of gametime this season with Ramsey out and we've not had a good solution to that left hand side without him

If you've had 4 ACLs maybe they're over training. Getting Ramsey back upto speed should be a big boost at least.

It looks like the Konsa rumour was a false alarm, so it's "only" 3 ACLs. Which is a boost. Pau Torres (who is an absolutely superb player) is back now, so in a couple of weeks we should have a CB pairing of Torres and Konsa again which will be huge.
But you're right, Ramsey has been back a while but he hasn't been up to speed yet and it's showed. But he seems to be hitting form again now so it will be a huge boost. LIke I said above, that left hand side hasn't been right all season

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Old Man Lips GIF

drippin

Douglas isn't a DM? He played his best season as a B2B midfielder alongside more defensive Kamara.
Ramsey isn’t a DMF at all. Luiz has played DMF at a good level in EPL and is coming to his prime. The midfielder has to be able to play DMF well.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Ramsey isn’t a DMF at all. Luiz has played DMF at a good level in EPL and is coming to his prime. The midfielder has to be able to play DMF well.

Thought Ramsey would fit well into our LCM role that's why I said I'd take him. Douglas is also better closer to the goal.

But I agree that the player should be able to play deeper and further so he can interchange with Rice a la Jorginho. That's why I'm hot on Zubi.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Same regarding Luiz 🤝

Can’t speak on Zubi I only watch the prem nowadays.

I personally wouldn’t mind Watkins but understand he would be unpopular and overpriced. Hell of a season though.
What price would you go to on Watkins?
60?

drippin

Thought Ramsey would fit well into our LCM role that's why I said I'd take him. Douglas is also better closer to the goal.

But I agree that the player should be able to play deeper and further so he can interchange with Rice a la Jorginho. That's why I'm hot on Zubi.
Douglas Luiz has played 93 games as DMF for Villa in EPL, and 69 games as CMF. He is just coming to his prime. Yes he is better at CMF because of his skill set, but he can also be very good at DMF, a position that takes more time to mature in. Remember earlier in his career he was thought of as a CMF.

I doubt Arsenal will buy a LCM with all the midfielders already at the club. Arteta can play either Luiz or Rice at LCM, Jorginho will hopefully be at the club also. Or even Zinchenko if there are more good defenders at the club.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom