• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He obviously wants to do well in the league, but think this season for Unai is all about winning Villa their first trophy since 1996... watched the FA cup defeat to Chelsea and Emery looked so gutted with that loss.

Feel he will make sure they win the Conference now, even if they have to drop slightly in the league because of it...been over 25 years since that club won a piece of silverware, he will go down as a bit of a legend with them if he can end that drought.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Weirdly I'm hoping yesterday signals the end of our bad run.

Yesterday was the best we've played since the Man City game 2 months ago. We've been absolutely **** since we played you guys the game after that. We've scraped some results but we've been really poor for at least 10 games (in all comps).

Yesterday we were good. Very good. better than when we beat you guys to be honest! We just made a couple of sloppy mistakes which gave them goals. but we missed a boat load of chances and really should have won the game.

If we carry that level of performance on we'll be back pushing Sp**s for 4th place

I speak for everyone here when I say we hope you secure 4th by taking it off those tw*ts.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Your squad cost is 9th, so Unai is doing a superb job. If you get top 4, and beat 4 of the rich teams eg United, Chelsea, Sp**s and Newcastle, it would be unprecedented!

Emery has done well but I've admired their squad building for a long time. Douglas Luiz, Kamara and Tielemans are all players that would slot into our midfield pretty seemlessly at 1 time or another. Diaby and Bailey were linked to top 4 clubs, namely us and are very good signings. Then you have Ollie Watkins who's come on leaps and bounds.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Demonstrably untrue.

Our current slump is far below the average we've had since Emery has been here. And that's now a 16 month period
If you were asked, would you rather take a trophy like Conference League this season or Top 4?

Obviously, Top 4 would a great achievement for a club like Villa, to play on the best stage, but given that trophies are so rare I wonder if a one-of chance at trophy like Conference League cup is regarded as an achievement for your fans?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
If you were asked, would you rather take a trophy like Conference League this season or Top 4?

Obviously, Top 4 would a great achievement for a club like Villa, to play on the best stage, but given that trophies are so rare I wonder if a one-of chance at trophy like Conference League cup is regarded as an achievement for your fans?
It's a difficult question.

On the face of it I'd take the trophy. It's 28 years since we won anything. It's far too long. I think it might be the longest spell in our history without winning a trophy. if not it's very close.

Obviously the argument is that Top 4 could be far more beneficial for the club long term and could lead to far more success. So I get that argument.

But my heart says trophy

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Demonstrably untrue.

Our current slump is far below the average we've had since Emery has been here. And that's now a 16 month period

Your away PPG this season is 1.52 compared to 1.75 last season and your home PPG is 2.33 this season compared to 2.15 last season (that's from when Emery took over). Slightly better at home this season and slightly worse away and that's with a similar sample size for both.

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
AM propped this guy up only for him to disappoint them. That's pretty funny to me.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Weirdly I'm hoping yesterday signals the end of our bad run.

Yesterday was the best we've played since the Man City game 2 months ago. We've been absolutely **** since we played you guys the game after that. We've scraped some results but we've been really poor for at least 10 games (in all comps).

Yesterday we were good. Very good. better than when we beat you guys to be honest! We just made a couple of sloppy mistakes which gave them goals. but we missed a boat load of chances and really should have won the game.

If we carry that level of performance on we'll be back pushing Sp**s for 4th place

Ya I watched most of the game and your boys were really good, unfortunately just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net which we Arsenal fans can definitely sympathize with.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
An
Your away PPG this season is 1.52 compared to 1.75 last season and your home PPG is 2.33 this season compared to 2.15 last season (that's from when Emery took over). Slightly better at home this season and slightly worse away and that's with a similar sample size for both.
And our PPG since we played you, which is when our slump in form began, is around 1.3

This is not our normal

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Big blow for them. Underrated player.

Very underrated. i said it in your Douglas Luiz transfer rumour thread. Kamara is a huge reason why luiz has been so good this season. HIs ability to play as a true DM has given Luiz the freedom to make an impact further forward

Kamara's probably missing a decent chunk of next season too.
Early indications are that he should be just about recovered in time for next season. but obviously that could change

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
The injuries are a huge blow. The media keeps going on about Newcastle and Sp**s' injuries.

There's rumours Konsa has an ACL injury as well. That would be our FOURTH ACL injury to a majory player this season (Mings, Buendia, Kamara, Konsa)

Pau Torres has missed the last 10 games or so.
Diego Carlos missed a bgi chunk of the start of the season.
Moreno missed the start of the season.
Digne has been out since Moreno came back.
Ramsey is only just back from a broken foot which kept him out for the first half of the season (and he still isn't back up to speed)

We're really struggling

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The injuries are a huge blow. The media keeps going on about Newcastle and Sp**s' injuries.

There's rumours Konsa has an ACL injury as well. That would be our FOURTH ACL injury to a majory player this season (Mings, Buendia, Kamara, Konsa)

Pau Torres has missed the last 10 games or so.
Diego Carlos missed a bgi chunk of the start of the season.
Moreno missed the start of the season.
Digne has been out since Moreno came back.
Ramsey is only just back from a broken foot which kept him out for the first half of the season (and he still isn't back up to speed)

We're really struggling

Four ACLs? o_O WTF?

field442

Trusted ⭐
An

And our PPG since we played you, which is when our slump in form began, is around 1.3

This is not our normal

I never said your current form is the norm, I said the home form is going back to a normal level and by that I meant not winning every game at home. You won 9 out of 10 home games and then lost two against Newcastle and Man Utd, two teams who if we are being honest are capable of winning at Villa on any given day. Do you think you should be winning every game at home?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Don't know if I'd call it a slump. Your home form is just going back to a normal level after an exceptional run of wins.

I never said your current form is the norm, I said the home form is going back to a normal level and by that I meant not winning every game at home. You won 9 out of 10 home games and then lost two against Newcastle and Man Utd, two teams who if we are being honest are capable of winning at Villa on any given day. Do you think you should be winning every game at home?
You were disputing that we were in a slump. And you attributed it all to our homeform going back to normal.

I'm showing you that our current form is far far below what it normally is. It's not just down to a return to "normal" homeform. It's far more than that

field442

Trusted ⭐
You were disputing that we were in a slump. And you attributed it all to our homeform going back to normal.

I'm showing you that our current form is far far below what it normally is. It's not just down to a return to "normal" homeform. It's far more than that

Yeah it's far below normal if you take the last 4 games in isolation. Before that it was far far above normal and across the season it's still above normal. Let's say your last 7 home games looks something like this WLWWWDL, you'll get 13 points and your home PPG for this season will have matched Emery's first season (November to May).

I don't really know what you're trying to argue unless you think winning 90% of your home games is your normal level.

Last edited:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Very underrated. i said it in your Douglas Luiz transfer rumour thread. Kamara is a huge reason why luiz has been so good this season. HIs ability to play as a true DM has given Luiz the freedom to make an impact further forward

Early indications are that he should be just about recovered in time for next season. but obviously that could change

How good is Luiz and do you think he's your best player? I can see Arsenal going back in for him in the summer if Villa are open to selling.

How has Buendia been? I remember wishlisting him before you signed him. I wishlisted Kamara on a free too. I think you'll hurt without his defensive coverage but hope Emery can manage around it.

If you've had 4 ACLs maybe they're over training. Getting Ramsey back upto speed should be a big boost at least.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom